Dakine10

Denver's Azucar Bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cakes

93 posts in this topic

One personal attack removed as well as one quoting.

Seriously? Wouldn't one have to consider coming out and being homosexual demeaning for a comment made in jest, and aimed as much at poor wording as anything else, be necessary for an 'attack?'

Somehow you appear to have left a very real, very derogatory to an entire class of persons, persons I will add, that have newly granted rights to marry and therefore rights to K1 petition loved ones while removing a humorous comment. Granted the humor was at the expense of an apparent homophobe.

Brilliant!

Gotta love VJ moderation.

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

I miss everything.

I just caught the part attacking the incompetence of the VJ moderation. I think that's about the only thing the Libs, Moderates,an Conservatives can agree on around here

I have barely swung thru here a few times in the past few months. WOW is it dead !

Well, the other night all the straight people became gay, right? Straights are the minority, gays are the majority, isn't that what VOL implied?

I stand by my previous statement. It's like folks are mad they aren't prosecuted. Like we get some sort of special discount or something.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Looks like Christianity. People misinterpret what the bible says about homosexuality all the time.

You mean like these?

Leviticus 18:22 -

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Romans 1:26-28 -

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

Leviticus 20:13 -

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Especially if you go back to the very start of the book. Notice God did not create Adam and George after the heavens and the earth...

Edited by DavenRoxy

You mean like these?

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. 28 Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Especially if you go back to the very start of the book. Notice God did not create Adam and George after the heavens and the earth...

Now, show me where you can't serve cake or cater a wedding with gay people. I'm not arguing the scriptures, I was a Christian for over 30 years.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You mean like these?

I can't imagine how you served our country with a heart filled with hate. Surely they sent you to re education, err I mean sensitivity training

Oh, so you're saying you agree that homosexuality is a sin against whichever God/Allah one chooses to believe in?

Now, show me where you can't serve cake or cater a wedding with gay people. I'm not arguing the scriptures, I was a Christian for over 30 years.

Oh, so you're saying you agree that homosexuality is a sin against whichever God/Allah one chooses to believe in?

Murder is a sin. Lying is a sin. Drinking into excess is a sin. There are about a few dozen of them in both the bible and the Quran. Why is this particular one being singled out?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Murder is a sin. Lying is a sin. Drinking into excess is a sin. There are about a few dozen of them in both the bible and the Quran. Why is this particular one being singled out?

lying,pride,lust,tattoos,eating pork,porking, just face if it tastes good, feels good or is fun it's a sin

Gossip, now that's a sin, bearing false witness against your neighbor.. Big one .

Changing your religion over some hot woman, now that's about 6 big ones in one.

I fully support gay rights and don't support discrimination

I am also a libertarian and i support the right of people to not make cakes they find offensive to their core beliefs.

To be honest I am glad I am not the judge on this one . I am not sure which right would win for me .

There is really no clear cut right answer here

lying,pride,lust,tattoos,eating pork,porking, just face if it tastes good, feels good or is fun it's a sin

Gossip, now that's a sin, bearing false witness against your neighbor.. Big one .

Changing your religion over some hot woman, now that's about 6 big ones in one.

Make it 12, I have to claim equal and better treatment. It's one of the perks of being oppressed :devil:

What a bunch of intolerant, deflecting bigots we have here....

One of my rules is, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Adultry and being a sexaholic is a sin too....

I'm sure there would be some VJers lined up for the execution box as well. Don't judge others. I will let God do the judging. We all have our secrets to bare.