Distant

Stuck in the immigrant Visa Process, Please Help.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I am applying for an immigrant Visa for my mother [saudi Nationality].
I was born in the United States, and am currently a student in the USA, I already graduated from collage in Saudi Arabia] and then moved to the USA and am preparing for medical licensee examinations, USMLE
the initial application has been approved and currently I'm in the process of doing the paper work.
We have a far relative who is willing to be a joint sponsor, because I do not meet the minimum financial requirement. So if me and the joint sponsor will fill the affidavit of support form I-864, And he will supply proof of income and proof of employment and proof of residency, and the IRS tax form, Will I have to supply all these documents too?
Because I do not have a proof of income or a proof of residence or a prove of employment.
Thanks

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

You need to fill out the I-864 completely.

No income. No problem. You list on the I-864 that you have zero income. Done.

No job. No problem. You write unemployed. Done.

There is no magic document that will show you do not have a job or income.

You do not need proof of a residence. You write down the address in the US where you are living. If you feel the need to provide proof, then go get a state ID card with your address on it.

Best of luck.

Hi,

You need to fill out the I-864 completely.

No income. No problem. You list on the I-864 that you have zero income. Done.

No job. No problem. You write unemployed. Done.

There is no magic document that will show you do not have a job or income.

You do not need proof of a residence. You write down the address in the US where you are living. If you feel the need to provide proof, then go get a state ID card with your address on it.

Best of luck.

Thank you so much for your response, I highly appreciate it

I wasn't required to pay any taxes because I recently moved to USA, Do I have to provide a transcript from the IRS Stating this?

My HouseHold where I live, Can I just write "1", because only I am living there, and once my mother comes, she'll be staying with the joint sponsor. Won't they ask me about who's paying my bills and what not?

Timeline

US citizens are required to file tax returns listing their worldwide income regardless of where they live.

You moving to the U.S. recently does not excuse you from filing. You will either need to submit US tax returns or provide an explanation why you were excused from filing.

I don't understand your 2nd question. USCIS does not care who pays your bills and what not. Don't know what you mean by the rest.

US citizens are required to file tax returns listing their worldwide income regardless of where they live.

You moving to the U.S. recently does not excuse you from filing. You will either need to submit US tax returns or provide an explanation why you were excused from filing.

I don't understand your 2nd question. USCIS does not care who pays your bills and what not. Don't know what you mean by the rest.

Thanks again for reesponding sir,

I already filled the spaces that my income is 0, of course this is not accurate but i said it was 0 because i do not wish to provide documents indicating my source of income (is that acceptable?) since there will already be joint sponser who does meet the financial reqiuerments

There is a space to fill my house hold size (is this space to show that i will be able to accomidate the immigrant?) what if the joint sponser will accomidate her? Can i just write that my house hold size is 1 (me?)

I know these might be silly questions but i dont want to make a silly mistake and get my mother visa rejected because of it, i know you understand,

Kind Regards,

No, it's not acceptable. While nothing might happen, you sign the I-864 under penalties of perjury. You attest that it's the truth. Lying is a big no-no.

Your household size is 2; you and your mother.

Fair Enough. The Reason I do not Wish to provide income is because I my self am sponsored by the Saudi Arabian Government, so they expect me to go back to Saudi Arabia in the End of this Scholarship. and for that reason I assume that the US gov will not issue an immigrant visa for my mother since I'm not expected to be here for so long. Are my assumptions in place?

Please give me your comments to this, and kindly advise me further.

Timeline

Fair Enough. The Reason I do not Wish to provide income is because I my self am sponsored by the Saudi Arabian Government, so they expect me to go back to Saudi Arabia in the End of this Scholarship. and for that reason I assume that the US gov will not issue an immigrant visa for my mother since I'm not expected to be here for so long. Are my assumptions in place?

Please give me your comments to this, and kindly advise me further.

Your assumptions are wrong. US immigration does not care about your future plans.

Understand that lying on a government form is a serious offense. It's not like other countries where it will be ignored or fixable with a bribe. Once you lie, you put yourself at risk of having the case deny. There is only room for the truth. You play with fire, you will eventually get burn.

Your assumptions are wrong. US immigration does not care about your future plans.

Understand that lying on a government form is a serious offense. It's not like other countries where it will be ignored or fixable with a bribe. Once you lie, you put yourself at risk of having the case deny. There is only room for the truth. You play with fire, you will eventually get burn.

You have been very helpful aaron2020, I will do exactly what you said.

I sincerely appreciate your time addressing my concerns.

Kind Regards,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just like Aaron said, never EVER lie to immigration and you MUST provide them with everything they ask for. Just because you don't want to reveal that the KSA government is sponsoring you, does not mean the US government cannot find out on their own. Just send what they ask for and tell the truth.

I agree with both of you.

So my brother is living in the same house as I am, and he will fill up the form (864A)The agreement between me [sponsor] and the [household member] including his bank statement and passport copy [for identification]. will these two documents be enough? he is not a US citizen, so he won't have to file the Tax transcript [Correct?], and no need for a [birth certificate?]

IF I am only the petitioner, do I have to provide proof of my residence?

Will the bank statement suffice to proove that I have an ongoing income? [without a letter from the scholarship?]

Thank you very much, any input is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Timeline

I agree with both of you.

So my brother is living in the same house as I am, and he will fill up the form (864A)The agreement between me [sponsor] and the [household member] including his bank statement and passport copy [for identification]. will these two documents be enough? he is not a US citizen, so he won't have to file the Tax transcript [Correct?], and no need for a [birth certificate?]

IF I am only the petitioner, do I have to provide proof of my residence?

Will the bank statement suffice to proove that I have an ongoing income? [without a letter from the scholarship?]

Thank you very much, any input is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Is your brother a green card holder?

As the household member, he must send his tax returns or tax transcripts. How the hell is he going to prove his income without them? Birth certificate is not needed. LPR status and tax returns are required.

As the petitioner, you need a US resident. You need to file the I-864. No U.S. resident, then no visa for your mom.

Your bank statement does not prove you have an income. It just proves you have money. Income and assets are not the same.

Your scholarship is irrelevant.

Is your brother a green card holder?

As the household member, he must send his tax returns or tax transcripts. How the hell is he going to prove his income without them? Birth certificate is not needed. LPR status and tax returns are required.

As the petitioner, you need a US resident. You need to file the I-864. No U.S. resident, then no visa for your mom.

Your bank statement does not prove you have an income. It just proves you have money. Income and assets are not the same.

Your scholarship is irrelevant.

Thanks again Aaron

No he is not a Green Card Holder, He is just a household member who will help with finances. he has an F-1 Student Visa.

What kind of Tax papers will he need?

He will proove his income with a letter from the scholarship.

Do wee need a Proof of residence with a copy of the lease? if so, Must both My name and My brothers name be in the Lease.

Regards,

Timeline

Thanks again Aaron

No he is not a Green Card Holder, He is just a household member who will help with finances. he has an F-1 Student Visa.

What kind of Tax papers will he need?

He will proove his income with a letter from the scholarship.

Do wee need a Proof of residence with a copy of the lease? if so, Must both My name and My brothers name be in the Lease.

Regards,

Your brother does not qualify as a household member. He is an F-1 nonimmigrant international student. Nonimmigrants cannot file an AOS. They can not file either an I-864 or I-864a. Already told you that he needed to be an LPR (since you said he was not a USC) to qualify.

Got get a state ID or driver's license with your address on it. Problem solved.

• 4 weeks later...

So now I'm in the Process of trying to get the Tax Papers...

I Filed Form 4506-T but hey sent it Back to me and said:

I should Fill points 6 - 9...

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Please walk me through these steps .. I have no Idea what to write in these lines, or what boxes to check, T

Thank you..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.