glowingangel

sponsorship is insufficient...will have to reduce the no. of my family members migrating with me?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
we 5 of us r migrating...my petitioners annual income is $ 48,665 ( his house hold has already 3 members) and joint sponsors income is $42,000 (his household as just himself)

we fear that income will be insufficient so we have decided to withdraw 2 of my family members

my question is can the visa application of some of the members of principal applicants family be withdrawn after I have filed DS 260 for all of them but now some of them cant make it because of insufficient sponsorship frm USA ?

if yes what will be the cosequence? will I have to file a petition again for the rest after i go to US ?

5 immigrants + sponsor = household of 6. The required income level for a household of 6 is $40,712. So an income of $42,000 would be sufficient.

Timeline

5 immigrants + sponsor = household of 6. The required income level for a household of 6 is $40,712. So an income of $42,000 would be sufficient.

isn't that the income of the sponsor should be 125 % of the poverty guidline for the particular house hold....accordingly it comes out to be $50,890 which is insufficient because because we have already sent the affidavit listing all 5 immigrants in joint sponsors affidavit and they say its still insufficient.!!

now we have decided that each of the sponsor may sponsor 2 of us nd the remaining 1 person may give up his visa.?..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

isn't that the income of the sponsor should be 125 % of the poverty guidline for the particular house hold....accordingly it comes out to be $50,890 which is insufficient because because we have already sent the affidavit listing all 5 immigrants in joint sponsors affidavit and they say its still insufficient.!!

now we have decided that each of the sponsor may sponsor 2 of us nd the remaining 1 person may give up his visa.?..

I think this might answer your question

i-864p.pdf

JULY-08-2014 PRIORITY DATE

OCT-19-2015 INTERVIEW

RESULT ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

MUCH AWAITED UPDATES :

OCT-19-2015

OCT-20-2015

OCT-27-2015

NOV-17-2015 (most likely it was due to my email inquiry)

JAN-08-2016 (due to my email inquiry)

FEB-09-2016 (first real update)

MAR-08-2016

MAR-09-2016

MAR-10-2016 ISSUED

Timeline

I think this might answer your question

yup now i have submitted the new affidavit of support of the same sponsors keeping every thing mentioned in I 864 p in mind ....lets hope this time they dont reject it !!

Household of 3 + 5 immigrants = 8. No it's not.

Find another joint sponsor for some family members.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You should be able to another joint sponsor. You can have sponsor A for you and wife and child 1 and another for the other 2 children. Each sponsor must make enough to support their family and people that are immigrating. A family group can have no more than 2 total joint sponsors

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If am reading correctly the Op said, 5 intending immigrants, plus sponsor with household 3 and one co-sponsor which totals 9. So the combined income of over $100K should be sufficient no?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If am reading correctly the Op said, 5 intending immigrants, plus sponsor with household 3 and one co-sponsor which totals 9. So the combined income of over $100K should be sufficient no?

No. The petitioners can only combine income with household members. The petitioners can not combine income with Joint Sponsors.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

we 5 of us r migrating...my petitioners annual income is $ 48,665 ( his house hold has already 3 members) and joint sponsors income is $42,000 (his household as just himself)

we fear that income will be insufficient so we have decided to withdraw 2 of my family members

my question is can the visa application of some of the members of principal applicants family be withdrawn after I have filed DS 260 for all of them but now some of them cant make it because of insufficient sponsorship frm USA ?

if yes what will be the cosequence? will I have to file a petition again for the rest after i go to US ?

My brother from Pakistan,

No reason to leave your children behind. Simply divide the family between the petitioner and the Joint Sponsor.

The petitioner makes $48,665. That is enough for a household of 7. Since petitioner has a household of 3, he/she can be the I-864 sponsor for up to 4 immigrants.

The JS makes $42,000 which is enough for a household of 6. Since he has a household of 1, he can sponsor up to 5 immigrants.

Divide the immigrants between the petitioner and JS.

There is enough income for all of you to immigrate. It would be extremely foolish to withdraw the DS-260s.

Best of luck.

Your brother from Vietnam.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.