ce2010

texas service center joke???

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

guys,

people that sent their k1 documents to california service center gets their noa 2 in like 25 to 35 days...

texas service center shows 8 months late right now..

is that a joke or what???

i know uscis news about case transfers ...

do you think new applications gets transferred right away to california service center??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

guys,

people that sent their k1 documents to california service center gets their noa 2 in like 25 to 35 days...

texas service center shows 8 months late right now..

is that a joke or what???

i know uscis news about case transfers ...

do you think new applications gets transferred right away to california service center??

Folks who have been through TSC have been dealing with this issue for many many months, over a year for some. The majority of filers since February 2014 waited 6-8 months for their NOA2.. it's pretty much a given now. Most of us have complained over and over that there is a huge discrepancy between service centers. CSC last summer was still at a few months for approval but as fall approached they started closing the gap between NOA1 and NOA2 to what you see now - 30 days or less in many cases.

Official complaints have been opened to senators, Omsbudsman complaints were filed, Twitter and email campaigns were started, many of this stemming back to last summer. They did a small transfer of applications back in August - new applications still went to their appropriate service center and were not auto-transferred, but TSC transferred a large batch of April and May filers to CSC. Then the backlog started again. I'd like to say fantastic that this news has come about where USCIS will begin workload balancing and transfer applications, but I am a pessimist at heart. Unfortunately they've done this before and it didn't help them much.

The dismal part of this is that there really is nothing you can do. Short of following all the legal channels - Omsbudsman, Senator complaint, phone calls and letter campaigns - the reality is that you will have to sit tight until they decide to adjudicate your petition. I've been there. It's incredibly frustrating and as the days and months roll on you get desperate and depressed over it.

Someone on here has a fantastic quote in their signature which says "This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this." from the movie 300. It sums up this entire process perfectly. To be honest it would be faster to relocate to a state which is under CSC jurisdiction, but I would never advocate that unless it was a move you were doing for other reasons. Hopefully this is an ongoing balance that USCIS is doing and it will sort out the widening approval gap for not just I-129F, but I-130 who have a longer wait than K-1.. among a few other petitions.

Good luck!

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Folks who have been through TSC have been dealing with this issue for many many months, over a year for some. The majority of filers since February 2014 waited 6-8 months for their NOA2.. it's pretty much a given now. Most of us have complained over and over that there is a huge discrepancy between service centers. CSC last summer was still at a few months for approval but as fall approached they started closing the gap between NOA1 and NOA2 to what you see now - 30 days or less in many cases.

Official complaints have been opened to senators, Omsbudsman complaints were filed, Twitter and email campaigns were started, many of this stemming back to last summer. They did a small transfer of applications back in August - new applications still went to their appropriate service center and were not auto-transferred, but TSC transferred a large batch of April and May filers to CSC. Then the backlog started again. I'd like to say fantastic that this news has come about where USCIS will begin workload balancing and transfer applications, but I am a pessimist at heart. Unfortunately they've done this before and it didn't help them much.

The dismal part of this is that there really is nothing you can do. Short of following all the legal channels - Omsbudsman, Senator complaint, phone calls and letter campaigns - the reality is that you will have to sit tight until they decide to adjudicate your petition. I've been there. It's incredibly frustrating and as the days and months roll on you get desperate and depressed over it.

Someone on here has a fantastic quote in their signature which says "This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this." from the movie 300. It sums up this entire process perfectly. To be honest it would be faster to relocate to a state which is under CSC jurisdiction, but I would never advocate that unless it was a move you were doing for other reasons. Hopefully this is an ongoing balance that USCIS is doing and it will sort out the widening approval gap for not just I-129F, but I-130 who have a longer wait than K-1.. among a few other petitions.

Good luck!

Good answer. I have been stressing over this whole process and to be completely honest, I have no idea why! Nothing that we do will change anything. My fiancée and I have been waiting already for over 6 months... Just sit back and enjoy the incredibly long ride.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.