Dashinka

Senator Bob Menendez and Visas

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I just finished reading a story about the indictment of NJ senator Bob Menendez, and apparently he was instrumental in getting student and visitor visas for his buddies girlfriends. I guess if you have the money and powerful friends, the legal path is immaterial.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

And to think I missed out on this wonderful opportunity. :ranting::protest::ranting:

Your husband should have set sail to US long long ago.

Could have reach NYC shore by now and claim asylum.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

MerryTooth the President Obama's aunt had her asylum granted in 2010, and she passed away in April 2014.

His uncle was granted permanent residency in 2013, because he proved that he lives in the United States for over 50 years, and the Immigration Law states that any alien that arrived in the USA BEFORE 1972 can obtain permanent residency.

Edited by sandranj

Thank you Sandranj for your updated information.

Would President Obama's aunt be granted asylum if she was not related to Obama? Hardly to say whether there was political influence or not.

Her previous asylum request was denied in 2004 and ordered deportation.

"I don't mind," she said. "You can take that house. I can be on the streets with homeless people. I didn't ask for it. They gave it to me. Ask your system. I didn't create it or vote for it. Go and ask your system."

—Zeituni Onyango, WBZ-TV, September 21, 2010 reported and quoted from the WBZ-TV interview[25]
Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Thank you Sandranj for your updated information.

Would President Obama's aunt be granted asylum if she was not related to Obama? Hardly to say whether there was political influence or not.

Her previous asylum request was denied in 2004 and ordered deportation.

"I don't mind," she said. "You can take that house. I can be on the streets with homeless people. I didn't ask for it. They gave it to me. Ask your system. I didn't create it or vote for it. Go and ask your system."

—Zeituni Onyango, WBZ-TV, September 21, 2010 reported and quoted from the WBZ-TV interview[25]

Seeing she lived in the Boston area (Cambridge I Believe), this was a big deal here in Mass and on the news daily. The decision to grant her asylum was made by a lone immigration judge, so the chances for the decision to be influenced were pretty high imo.

As for the Uncle, at last word he was still here in Mass and has a few DUI's under his belt as well.

Edited by Teddy B

Seeing she lived in the Boston area (Cambridge I Believe), this was a big deal here in Mass and on the news daily. The decision to grant her asylum was made by a lone immigration judge, so the chances for the decision to be influenced were pretty high imo.

As for the Uncle, at last word he was still here in Mass and has a few DUI's under his belt as well.

Making it in Massachusetts. Where have I heard that before?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

MerryTooth the President Obama's aunt had her asylum granted in 2010, and she passed away in April 2014.

His uncle was granted permanent residency in 2013, because he proved that he lives in the United States for over 50 years, and the Immigration Law states that any alien that arrived in the USA BEFORE 1972 can obtain permanent residency.

Republicans don't care about facts. It's still Obama's fault.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Republicans don't care about facts. It's still Obama's fault.

I don't think it matters what side of the aisle you are on, it is always the other's fault in our halls of power. The main point is it is who you know, just like the doctor down in Florida working with Menendez.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

sandranj, I don't know if anything shady happened with the uncle (and really, deporting someone after over 30 years in the country is inhumane IMO), but it's hard to believe that aunt Zeituni wasn't benefited by her relationships... she got an asylum request denied in 2004 once and her accepted request for asylum flies in the face of the "12 months of you coming to the US" rule for asylum. It also happened in 2010, after he was already president.

You're an immigration lawyer and I'll defer to you on whether there is some argument that can be raised and works in her case. But I'm a believer in the "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion" paradigm.

May 29th, 2015 - Sent AOS package

June 1, 2015 - Package received by USCIS

June 4, 2015 - Biometrics Fee Accepted

June 20, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

June 30, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

August 6, 2015 - I-131 approved

August 6, 2015 - Your card was ordered

August 7, 2015 - I-765 approved

August 20, 2015 - EAD received

Your husband should have set sail to US long long ago.

Could have reach NYC shore by now and claim asylum.

I thought about it. But I am not one to purposely cheat. I miss my husband so desperately but can't bring myself to take such a step.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just finished reading a story about the indictment of NJ senator Bob Menendez, and apparently he was instrumental in getting student and visitor visas for his buddies girlfriends. I guess if you have the money and powerful friends, the legal path is immaterial.

Heya Bill! This is a great hot topic! Thanks for posting it! ON THE NEXT ONE, please post the url of the article..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !