Maiaml90

Medical Examination

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys,

so me and fiance are getting ready to do our Examinations , we are looking for doctors to do the exams.
Does anybody here did your medical exams with a doctor that the USCIS website recommended , or you can get this exams at any doctor ?

I appreciate all the help guys !

looking forward for an answer.

Confused.

You've not yet got noa2 so the medical for the beneficiary only is not yet required.

Are you talking about getting up to date vaccinations for the beneficiary before his or her medical?

The petitioner is not involved in this phase.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Hey guys,

so me and fiance are getting ready to do our Examinations , we are looking for doctors to do the exams.

Does anybody here did your medical exams with a doctor that the USCIS website recommended , or you can get this exams at any doctor ?

Hello,

The US Embassy website for Brazil has a list of certified doctors you can contact: http://brazil.usembassy.gov/interview/forms-for-immediate-relatives-and/or-employment-based-petitions/medical-examination-instructions2.html

As the last poster said, you as the petitioner aren't required to undergo an exam. The beneficiary will be, but not yet. It will be when the Brazillian Embassy sends her an instruction letter, known as "Packet 3". You receive this after you have your NOA2, and after the NVC has sent the petition to the Embassy.

Edit: Not actually sure who the petitioner is, in your case. The US Citizen isn't required to undergo the medical exam, just the foreign beneficiary.

Edited by Ketsuban

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves the pre-interview medical. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hey guys,

Sorry, can you please better explain your situation? As others have said, the petitioner do not have to do any medical examination and it looks a little bit early for you guys.

The list of certified doctors can be found on the Embassy website (Not USCIS) and it can change (They often include new doctors or remove some), so please check this list when you're ready to proceed with your exams (Basically after receiving your Interview date - In Brazil we receive an e-mail from the Consulate). I received my date two months before the interview (I had plenty of time to do everything), however some have received 1 month before (Still enough time). If you really want to anticipate something you can go for it and take care of your vaccination in case it's not complete (Depending on the age, e.g my age: MMR, dT, Varicella and current year Influenza). Since the interviews are held at the Rio Embassy the majority of applicants end up having their exams here (Dr. Garrido) one day before the interview. Just so you know it takes a little while to have your medical forward to the Embassy when you do everything one day before. Do not hesitate to hit me up if you need more info.

Good luck.

Timeline

Hey guys ,

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

So as from now I did not received any NOA2 or NOA3 , I don't know what's that.
Me and Fiance got an e-mail from the brazilian embassy saying that our interview is in a month from now , They sent me all the paperwork I need to have it together , the sworn testament , police records , medical exams, etc.
So my Fiance the petitioner does not need to get medical exams ? I was looking on the USCIS website and they said that both parts need to get exams , I'm confused.

Also any tips on these NOA2 or NOA3 documents ? am i still going to receive it ? We are 1 month away from the interview.

I was planning to get all the medical stuff done first .

Another question , what kind of proof of support I need to have to show the embassy , Is my fiance last 6 months bank statements valid ? he is a marine veteran.

Anyway , thank you so much!
You guys are great.

The petitioner doesnt need medical exam.

The beneficiary need it, you need see in your country wich office is authorized to do usa medical exam.

Hey guys ,

Me and Fiance got an e-mail from the brazilian embassy saying that our interview is in a month from now , They sent me all the paperwork I need to have it together , the sworn testament , police records , medical exams, etc.

So my Fiance the petitioner does not need to get medical exams ? I was looking on the USCIS website and they said that both parts need to get exams , I'm confused.

Also any tips on these NOA2 or NOA3 documents ? am i still going to receive it ? We are 1 month away from the interview.

Another question , what kind of proof of support I need to have to show the embassy , Is my fiance last 6 months bank statements valid ? he is a marine veteran.

You guys are great.

Hey guys ,

noa2 is your approval of the initial i129f petition. You should read the k1 flow chart in the guides section of this website.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

then obviously you have got your NOA2 (the petitioner would have received this) and are onto the final steps of actually applying for the visa

no the petitioner does not get a medical exam. The beneficiary Needs one as they are moving country and that has requirements

no noa3, but the noa2(notice of action) will have already been received by the petitioner

good because you have to anyway before the interview

that is embassy specific, best to ask in your own regional forum

http://brazil.usembassy.gov/mobile//ins-forms.html

You guys are great.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

Timeline

Yea, so I've never received anything on the mail from them yet.
I have no NOA2 or NOA3 .
All I got from them was an e-mail saying that my visa was approved and then a month a half later I got another e-mail saying that my interview is scheduled for a month from now and in the body of the e-mail they ask for documents i need to have together.

I don't know why but I've never received anything from the post office.

So again No NOA2 or NOA3

This is what the body of the last e-mail says :

Fiancée visas require:

Passport (with at least 8 months of validity remaining)

Fee

Photo

Birth Certificate

Medical Exam (submit to the doctor your Interview Confirmation Letter) ( SINCE I DONT HAVE ANY LETTER I DONT KNOW HOW TO PROCEED)

DS-230 (fill out just part I)

DS-160 your interview will be rescheduled if you fill out the form incorrectly and/or incomplete

Police Certificate from the Federal Police

Police Certificate from the “Secretaria de Segurança Pública”

Sworn Statement

Poverty Guildelines

Form I-134 - Instructions

Proof of Relationship between American citizen and fiancée

so as from now I believe this is all I have to do , right ?

Yeah that sounds good and on track for what you have to do, so you should be fine.

BUT you NEED your hard copy of the noa2 for adjustment of status.

The American petitioner should have received a hard copy of the approval in the mail not the beneficiary.

So ask your fiancé if they have the hard copy, if not they will have to contact uscis to get a new one.

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

Timeline

Hey ,

That's exactly what I am talking about , we didn't receive anything !
My fiance lives with me in Brazil at the moment , and his address in U.S is his mom's .
And she never received any NOA1 or NOA2.
So I'm only going to be able to get my interview if I have the NOA2 ?
What if they can't send me in time ?
Do you guys know how I can contact them so they can send me the NOA2 ?

Thanks

Timeline

Now a Quick question about sponsor.

My dad will be my sponsor he should print an affidavit of support ? even though he is not american?

Does anybody know how should I proceed ?

Timeline

You sound very lost. Why isn't your American fiancé helping you research the process?

Your dad cannot be a co-sponsor if he is not an American citizen or permanent resident. If your fiancé does not earn enough money annually to meet the minimum, then you will need a co-sponsor who is a citizen/permanent resident.

You do not need the NOA2 for the interview. However, as someone else already said, you will need it for future paperwork you will file once in the US. You need to make sure your fiancé's mom's address matches the one USCIS has on file and then find out why your documents have not been arriving.

If you have received the e-mail from the consulate in Rio, then you ALREADY HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED. That means you need to begin gathering all of the paperwork they list in the e-mail and make your medical exam appointment, because you may have to wait a few weeks for one depending on the city. Note that you can only visit embassy-approved doctors in São Paulo, Rio, Brasília or Belo Horizonte.

Timeline

Yea, so I've never received anything on the mail from them yet.

I have no NOA2 or NOA3 .

All I got from them was an e-mail saying that my visa was approved and then a month a half later I got another e-mail saying that my interview is scheduled for a month from now and in the body of the e-mail they ask for documents i need to have together.

I don't know why but I've never received anything from the post office.

So again No NOA2 or NOA3

This is what the body of the last e-mail says :

Fiancée visas require:

Passport (with at least 8 months of validity remaining)

Fee

Photo

Birth Certificate

Medical Exam (submit to the doctor your Interview Confirmation Letter) ( SINCE I DONT HAVE ANY LETTER I DONT KNOW HOW TO PROCEED)

DS-230 (fill out just part I)

DS-160 your interview will be rescheduled if you fill out the form incorrectly and/or incomplete

Police Certificate from the Federal Police

Police Certificate from the “Secretaria de Segurança Pública”

Sworn Statement

Poverty Guildelines

Form I-134 - Instructions

Proof of Relationship between American citizen and fiancée

so as from now I believe this is all I have to do , right ?

Hi,

First of all I guess it would be really good if you could give a look at the K1 Visa Flowchart, I guess it's very useful to make you understand all the steps of this process: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

1) The Approval Notice for your PETITION (NOA2) - Not VISA yet - is sent to the petitioner's address in the States (Hard Copy), generally it's received within 15 days after your approval date. FOR YOUR INTERVIEW you do not need this form, however as other member has mentioned you need to attach a copy of this form along with your Adjustment of Status package (Next step AFTER the marriage);

2) There is NO NOA3, MAYBE you just read about PACKAGE 3 and got confused about it. It's not applicable to BRAZIL since we don't need to submit ANYTHING to the Embassy BEFORE the interview. Here this ''package 3'' can be represented by the e-mail you got from the Embassy with the documents you need to provide them at your interview (Not before);

3) The ONLY thing you will receive at your address in Brazil is the Embassy Interview Letter and mine, for instance arrived 15 days after they sent me the e-mail with my interview date and I live less than 10KM away from the Embassy. Some may not receive this Appointment Letter, however you don't need it (I will explain bellow);

4) You mentioned you have no letter to submit to the doctor, however they are talking about the Interview Letter I mentioned above. This is nothing else more than a formalization of your interview, which you have received in your e-mail. You can print the e-mail and take with you for your interview and to the doctor. I mention that the doctor here in RIO never asked me about it and therefore no need to give it. For your interview the security guy should ask you to see your interview confirmation and your e-mail is more than enough.

5) Yes, it's ''all'' you have to do in terms of docs but PLEASE read the Embassy Instructions because there are some specific requirements (E.g: Police Certifications and etc), fee is collected at the day of your interview. Please notice the documents you need to provide with the Affidavit of Support (I134). They are not listed but they send you the link to its instructions (Documents are basically the form, last tax return transcript or 1040, W2s, Employment Letter and Pay stubs - 3 should be good) for the sponsor and co-sponsor if you have one. If somebody is using assets to reach the poverty guidelines be aware you need to provide evidences of everything you adding. Please be aware you need these documents with you for your interview so if you don't have them yet with you and your fiancé will mail everything please tell him to do so with DHL or Fedex express shipping, otherwise you won't be here on time (My fiancé mailed everything to me by the end of january using USPS Express and I got the documents one week after my march, 10th interview. Lucky me he came in January and I had him preparing everything).

I said ''all'' because our Embassy here has a misleading information between their official instructions and the list of documents they request you in the interview day. They will provide you a piece of paper with everything you need and you will see a statement saying something like ''Proof of US Citizenship'' and then the contractor who handles this documentation part will ask you for your fiancée birth certificate (COPY). It doesn't make any sense and even inside the Embassy who gets the documents checked by the Embassy Employees (Probably not third parties) is told that the PETITIONER bc is not necessary since they have a copy of USCIS package (PS: Your bc is necessary - Original and Copy).

6) Make sure to make your medical appointment and read all the instructions they will provide you (Be aware of vaccination requirements and physical exams);

7) Proof of Relationship: Just collect few things to prove the bonafide relationship (Before and After the Process), e.g: Pictures, e-mails, chat logs or whatever you feel like. I mention that here they hardly request additional evidences (At least the majority of reviews I have read here people were not requested anything).

Timeline

Now a Quick question about sponsor.

My dad will be my sponsor he should print an affidavit of support ? even though he is not american?

Does anybody know how should I proceed ?

As some Senior Member have told you, unless your dad is an American Citizen or Legal Resident he can not sponsor you and your income here or savings doesn't count. The purpose of this Affidavit is to show the ability of the USC/LPR to financially support you so you don't become a public charge to the U.S.

Please check the Poverty Guidelines Form to make sure you need a sponsor. That's how it works: If your fiancé is not a member of the US Forces (Navy, Army and etc) he needs to make at least 125% of the guidelines (In US dollars) and it increases depending on how many people he has under his financial obligations (E.g: If he has kids depending on him and etc), so you need to follow the Household number to know exactly the minimum income he needs to have in order to sponsor you. If he doesn't reach that specific amount you will need a co-sponsor who earns enough.

Basically what you need to do: Your sponsor (The petitioner is the primary sponsor) needs to fill the I134 Form, sign and send to you with all the evidences (E.g: Paystubs, W2s, Tax Return, Employment Letter and etc depending on what you're using as income/assets). The same is applicable to the co-sponsor: S/he needs to fill the form, add the evidences, sign and send to you (ORIGINAL ones).

This process can be confusing so please feel free to inbox me if you need! Not everyone has the huge free time to dig into this website or any other instructions and that's why we are here for!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.