laith79

N-400 and N-14

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi,,

I had a naturalization interview in Chicago yesterday the officer was so nice I passed the exam everything was perfect she also told me where I will do the ceremony and she told me congratulations but she did not give me the congratulation paper because she said I have to attach some papers along with the N-14 form they need a police arrest reports and they need a court disposition report ,, I never had arrested before and I don't have any problems with the police other then traffic tickets !!

My traffic tickets was on 2012 I all of them arr okay I paid the fines and two of them was on the supervision !! Nothing more .. Can you guys help me with this I really don't know what to do and I don't know why they're asking for this reports thank you so much .

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate threads removed~

~Please refrain from multiple posting of same topic~

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

That's okay, we all started here with our first posting. It just gets very confusing if you have the same topic posted in several forums, hence the request.

You should get some good responses to your initial inquiry.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,,

I had a naturalization interview in Chicago yesterday the officer was so nice I passed the exam everything was perfect she also told me where I will do the ceremony and she told me congratulations but she did not give me the congratulation paper because she said I have to attach some papers along with the N-14 form they need a police arrest reports and they need a court disposition report ,, I never had arrested before and I don't have any problems with the police other then traffic tickets !!

My traffic tickets was on 2012 I all of them arr okay I paid the fines and two of them was on the supervision !! Nothing more .. Can you guys help me with this I really don't know what to do and I don't know why they're asking for this reports thank you so much .

What does the N-14 say exactly? Since you say you've never been arrested, the the only thing she might want is the documentation related to your traffic tickets. She may be satisfied with just the receipts, but you should go to the court and get the disposition papers (the court papers that state that you have paid all the fines and the charges are no longer pending against you). You should have 30 days to respond, but see what it says on the letter. When they get the information they want, they'll approve you.

I don't know what you mean by "two of them was on the supervision" but you will need to get court disposition documents for all of them. If you are currently under probation and one of the tickets has not been resolved, you will need to take care of that first.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

The n14 says that they need police arest report and court dispostion report .. I already toke care of all the tickets i hade in the same time !!

Any ways i didnt wait to send tve reports i went write the way to the police station and i got the arrest report and then i went to the court and i got the dispostion for all of my tickets and get back to the officer !! I gave it to her and she said now u should be fine and wait for your ceramoni .. But i really cant understand whay all of this ???

Timeline

The n14 says that they need police arest report and court dispostion report .. I already toke care of all the tickets i hade in the same time !!

Any ways i didnt wait to send tve reports i went write the way to the police station and i got the arrest report and then i went to the court and i got the dispostion for all of my tickets and get back to the officer !! I gave it to her and she said now u should be fine and wait for your ceramoni .. But i really cant understand whay all of this ???

Because there's a requirement to show that you have good moral character before you can be naturalized. If you have arrests on your record you may not be approved.

The problem is that you are not required to provide disposition documents for traffic tickets under $500 as long as they are not alcohol related. Unfortunately, many interviewers ask for them anyway.

As long as you listed the traffic tickets on the N400, the interviewer should not have asked for proof.

But it's often easier to give them what they than to try to explain the rules to them.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

I didnt list the tickets in my N-400 because i thought they are just asking wheather i arrested befour or not ,, maybe thats whay ?? Although i told the officer during the interview that i hade a tickets !!

By the way i hade 5 tickets and they are all in 2012 .. And i Took care of all of them !

Timeline

I didnt list the tickets in my N-400 because i thought they are just asking wheather i arrested befour or not ,, maybe thats whay ?? Although i told the officer during the interview that i hade a tickets !!

By the way i hade 5 tickets and they are all in 2012 .. And i Took care of all of them !

The question asks if you were arrested or cited... and you were cited.

Anyway, no need to worry about any of that since it sounds like you're approved now. Congratulations.

Timeline

Waaaw ,, whats make you say that ?

You've really confused me.

Didn't you say this a few minutes ago?

"Any ways i didnt wait to send tve reports i went write the way to the police station and i got the arrest report and then i went to the court and i got the dispostion for all of my tickets and get back to the officer !! I gave it to her and she said now u should be fine and wait for your ceramoni"

Edited by JimmyHou

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I had my interview two days ago and got same letter N14 for like 15 things to bring.

Do you know where can I get police and court record and can I get it for both my spouse and myself?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.