mcdan

Put on AP after interview in Montreal because of additional docs, Police Certificate (RCMP)

53 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I had my CR-1 interview last 25 Feb, 2015 in Montreal. And received 221g for missing doc RCMP (Police certificate). I sent the required docs together with my passport on 6Mar. And the consulate received it on 9March. CEAC has been updated my case on 12March and 25March - still on AP as to date.

My questions is, how much longer do I need to wait until I hear some feedback from the consulate? Its been almost 14 months that I am in this painful process. I thought after the interview, everything will be good. But then they asked for a police certificate from Canada since I lived in Vancouver for like 3 months. It was clearly stated on the website or instructions that I only need to submit Police Certificate if you live more than 6 months in the city/country. I only stayed in Vancouver for 3 months on Tourist visa!

Is there anyone here had the same experience? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you interviewed in Montreal you would have needed a police certificate from there plus proof you're more than visiting. I assume you're Canadian or a PR of Canada?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hi NLR,

Thanks for replying.

I have a special case: I am originally from Philippines and worked in Dubai for 8 years. We applied in Dubai like 14 months ago (coz thats where we got married), But my husband had to move back (job) to Seattle last year. So we transfer the case/process to Montreal. And because I cannot go with him to Seattle, I stayed in Vancouver so that we're closer to each other. Kind of complicated but at the interview, everything went good except for RCMP!

At the interview the officer said it'll only takes 2 weeks to complete my case plus 1week to ship the passport to Vancouver. Almost 1 month now, and didn't hear any news. :-(

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hello mcdan hope all is going well for u now.im in a similar situation as you were.I had my interview on the 14th of april and was put in AP because they needed a translation of my police report from french to english.I sent the document with my passport to Montreal embassy on the 15th of april and have not recieved anything or update from them.please can u update me how ur case went by and how long it took.

thanks

Hi there,
I had my CR-1 interview last 25 Feb, 2015 in Montreal. And received 221g for missing doc RCMP (Police certificate). I sent the required docs together with my passport on 6Mar. And the consulate received it on 9March. CEAC has been updated my case on 12March and 25March - still on AP as to date.
My questions is, how much longer do I need to wait until I hear some feedback from the consulate? Its been almost 14 months that I am in this painful process. I thought after the interview, everything will be good. But then they asked for a police certificate from Canada since I lived in Vancouver for like 3 months. It was clearly stated on the website or instructions that I only need to submit Police Certificate if you live more than 6 months in the city/country. I only stayed in Vancouver for 3 months on Tourist visa!
Is there anyone here had the same experience? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi Dason, I didn't receive any update from the embassy, its almost 7 weeks since they received my passport and documents. Its so frustrating.....

We are indeed in a same situation, did they tell you exactly how long it will take for them to process? At the interview, the officer said to me just 2-3 weeks. That 2 weeks is now 7 weeks!!! :-(

Timeline

My dear my status shows it's updated today.I think it means that the CO received it.but it is still on AP. When was urs last updated after u sent the documents. I just hope for the very best for us.

I got mine updated;

March 12 & 25

April 9 & 22

So expect the same, they will update it once every 2 weeks. I'm hoping that I get it soon and I will update you.

God bless, be strong! Its not easy I know.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

No dear.they have not done anything on mine yet. The two update on my case has been because I wrote to them.each time u write them email person will check it and it will show updated. But they reply me that my documents have not been received yet. They letter states that they usually go through delay at an off site location for almost a month before the consulate receive it.then it will take the consulate some time to review depending on how many letters were received before mine. Its just a waiting game and each consulate has his or her own loads that is different. Two AP s will not take sane time. Depends on the CO load of work and time.was ur CO a male or female.

NLR are you also in AP. Which country and how long.

No I was not. You can read my timeline in both the timelines and as my signature.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

We keep bugging them, Dason is right whenever you email them they will update the system to show that its actually updated but none of it matters I guess. This week will be my 9th weeks on AP, I sent them an email last friday that if they need further processing on my case I want my passport back. They replied today saying if I want my passport back then I have to send a separate email requesting for it. Meaning??? - They need more time.

I can't stand the waiting anymore. Its been 16 months on this whole process!!!

Just a quick update:

Status updated in CEAC;

My 4 and may 11. I know they touch it because we emailed them.

Contacted the Senator and they said that they sent an inquiry to Montreal embassy. I'm not expecting that they would be any help thou.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.