mirrortraveler

Major G-325A issue...again! Difficult work history, lost original attachment...

8 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Okay, so now pretty much every major question I've had about the AOS process has been squared away...except for this one, which I should probably chalk up to my own stupidity.

Long story short, when we originally filed our I-129F package, I made two attachments in Word for both our respective Forms G-325A. A separate sheet listing previous jobs in the past 5 years as this doesn't fit on the main page of the form. While I took a screenshot of my husband's job list, I somehow managed to only print out mine once, never make copies, and never take screenshots. I know. I should have done that but there is no way I can fix it now. We did everything else right with the process so far. Checked everything a million times to make sure it's okay.

I know what I saved the original document under. It only exists in digital form - if it still does exist - except for the one paper copy that USCIS has. We have searched EVERYWHERE. Used every method available to us. It can't be found, can't be recovered.

I'm the artistic, frequently traveling type with lots of weird gaps and things in my job history, which I of course never list in my regular resume. No employer wants to hear about times of unemployment, semi-employment, etc.

So besides the fact that my memory is horrible, some aspects of the way I listed my times of employment and unemployment on that job sheet are vague to say the least.

For instance, whether I entered a very small job like tutoring (something I would do way below minimum wage and only twice to three times a week) or just put unemployment instead since I had no papers to prove the tutoring thing if I ever had to. I confess I was overly scared of USCIS so I did the best I could to not embellish anything.

As you can imagine, with long term unemployment or taking only tiny jobs every now and then, start and end times as well as everything else gets very fuzzy. Then there were cases where I worked for a US company, for instance, but via Elance and ongoing projects below minimum wage as well so I don't even know what exactly I put there, again.

In short, it is VERY difficult for me to remember the exact details of this list. And I would assume that I'd have to.

My question is: Have any of you had a problem like this where the information on your first G-325A (in the I-129F package) and your second G-325A (in the AOS package) ended up being noticeably different because you had not saved a copy of the first one? What were the results?

Does anyone know whether USCIS compares the job list attachments from your first G-325A and your second one side by side? Does anyone check these things?

I really just want to be truthful about this. I am way too scared of what might happen if I don't tell the truth on these forms or if anyone even just perceives that I might have "concealed a material fact" (or whatever the terminology is on the G-325A). We have worked very hard on this whole process and we know that an honest mistake was made.

Alternatively, is there a way to ask USCIS about whether they can send me a scan or a copy of the original document that I'm missing? They have it after all. Has anyone here ever tried that before?

Thank you SO much in advance for your replies!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My question is: Have any of you had a problem like this where the information on your first G-325A (in the I-129F package) and your second G-325A (in the AOS package) ended up being noticeably different because you had not saved a copy of the first one? What were the results?

Wait, I don't really know how the K1 visa process is, but do you need to send 2 G-325A? One for USCIS and one for NVC??

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

We sent 2 initially. One for the USC (my husband) and one for me (Beneficiary). In the AOS process, we have to send one more updated Form G-325A for the Beneficiary (me).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh true, I am so sorry! I just forgot that AOS process is after you are approved in K1 (cr-1 here)

I don't think it would be much of an issue to be honest.

As far as I am concerned USCIS can send documents back if requested, I have read it here before.. just don't know about the forms. Hopefully someone will help you further with this matter :)

USCIS

04-SEP-2014 --- Marriage!

08-DEC-2014 --- I-130 Sent

17-DEC-2014 --- NOA1

05-JAN-2015 --- NOA2

NVC

17-JAN-2015 --- NVC Recieved

02-MAR-2015 --- Case Activated; Filled DS-261

02-MAR-2015 --- AOS Invoiced ; PAID

03-MAR-2015 --- AOS shows "PAID"

13-APR-2015 --- IV Invoiced ; PAID

14-APR-2015 --- IV shows "PAID"

22-APR-2015 --- Completed DS-260

01-MAY-2015 --- Mailed AOS/IV Packet

04-MAY-2015 --- Scan Date

03-JUN-2015 --- Case Complete!

23-JUL-2015 --- INTERVIEW!!! (Approved)

(ROC)I-751
21-AUG-2017 --- I-751 Sent
22-AUG-2017 --- Check cashed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Do it to the best of your ability again, and if it raises questions be upfront.

Explain if asked, that your work history is complicated and it was very hard for you to remember.

If you told the truth I dont see what the issue or great discrepancy could be.

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

I would prefer to get it right. It's a very specific individual case and it is a very complicated one. Does anyone know how I can contact USCIS about getting a copy or scan of the original document I sent?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think you are over thinking this. I really do not think it is an issue if your G-325A forms do not match exactly.

You also do not need to list each and every small independent freelance job like that. You can simply put 'Self-Employed'. No address needed, and then list the occupation and dates you were self-employed. If there are larger gaps between your self-employment projects, then list those times as 'Unemployed'.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hmm..okay. I am going to try very hard to remember everything from my previous G-325A even though I can't guarantee that it will be accurate to what I put previously.

I also called USCIS this morning and had my husband call them later as well. We were told to use form G-884 to request a return of original documents. We really only need a photocopy or scan of the supplement job page in question, though. But on the G-884, I am seeing nothing that specifies a copy instead of the original.

Does USCIS still need the original at this point? I guess that's a loaded question, right?

If they send us the original first G-325A job page back, do they keep copies for themselves so they have a way of comparing the information?

Is it strategically a good idea to ask for the Word document in question back?

Here is my plan so far - what do you guys think?

I want to follow Kay Dee Cee's advice and fill out my current Form G-325A with an extra job page to the best of my ability (and memory), then complete the AOS Package and send it off (does my husband need to fill out a G-325A this time around, too?).

At the same time, I want to mail out the G-884 for the original file. So if we get an RFE because I did not remember all the relevant information correctly, we can always say that we requested the original (or a copy of it) and correct the mistakes immediately.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.