RobM

IR1 - checklist review

4 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello to all you fellow "patient" individuals that are caught up in the NVC cycle.

We started the visa process with USCIS back in October 2013 and have responded to every request from them and NVC in a timely manner. Aside from the fact USCIS took nearly 1 year to pass case to NVC with no reason for delay despite us calling them on several occassions we are now caught up in the crazy 60 day timescale for everything. After we had submitted all documents, we were told that we had to wait 60 days for them to be reviewd. After 60 days we called as no update to be told that a letter had been sent to our home address in US on 12 March. A few days and calls later we were informed that actually it was an email and this takes 7 days to arrive. After much probing we were advised that everything was correct however the address Jill (my wife) had entered on the I-864 form was incomplete. On review of our copy document all boxes were complete as per instructions (house number, street name, city, region, country, postcode) and fully consistent with every other form completed and document supplied. The only ommission on this form was the town name which there is no space / box to complete on I-864 if you enter the city? Anyway we completed a new form and sent off to NVC as instructed. On Saturday the letter supposedly emailed on 12 March arrived by email but dated 27 March a whole 15 days later, explaining that we had to attach the specific checklist with the form - we have now completed this and sent off again.

On calling NVC we have now been told that in the interests of fairness to all we cannot have a supervisory review and that will take 45 days to review the form with the town now included (letter actually states 60 business days so a bit confused by timescales). Has anyone else had to deal with this type of scenario? Basically everything was correct in first place as no space on their form to insert town - seems like someone has gone to the ends of the earth to find a reason to delay the interview in London? As I suspect most people who blog on this forum are, I am utterly fed up being stuck apart from my wife without an end in sight to what seems a simple process but has been overly complicated. Surely if you have a backlog then to move cases forward and out of NVC figures it would make sense to deal with quick wins i.e. two seconds for someone to say okay you have now adjusted address to match 100% even though correct in first place. There must be 100s of similar quick fixes in the system and maybe I am looking at this from a simplistic / selfish view but surely the way to improve timescales and get things moving again is to push through cases that have already been through the 60 day review and will now take minimum time to complete.

Fully understand your frustrations with the NVC.

We sent our stuff off at the beginning of the year and the scan date was 12th Jan (I think).

We too got a checklist over the phone but for marriage termination evidence. After explaining that the decree absolute is the only thing we get in the UK they agreed to a supervisor review on the 9th March and it could take 42 days.

I've called nearly everyday to see what's happening and yesterday I was told a supervisor still hadn't requested the file - so they escalate - not expedite, but escalate that it still hasn't been picked up.

The annoying part is that this is all because the minion in NVC can't understand legal documents and created a checklist not knowing what a decree absolute looks like.

These people must have 100's a week to go through and surely must know their jobs. Their incompetence has put us back 6 weeks in the bloody process.

All i can think about is moving to Dallas to start our new lives and a simple 30 second look at the files would get a case complete - but we have to wait 42 days.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to VJ.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).