The415

Case Number assigned !! for how long should we wait Now !!

19 posts in this topic

Hello VJ members !!
i hope everyone"s journey is going as they wish :D
we called NVC yesterday and after being on Hold for 45 mins , someone picked up !
we got our case number , but they said that the case has not been sent to the embassy yet :/
how much time does it take to be sent ?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi!!! this is not the answer to your question but just wanna know if u tried calling NVC after a week or yesterday is your firsttime.. because i got approved on the 20th of march but not sure if its too early to call now.. thank u

hi!!! this is not the answer to your question but just wanna know if u tried calling NVC after a week or yesterday is your firsttime.. because i got approved on the 20th of march but not sure if its too early to call now.. thank u

Hi , no worries !

we called the NVC yesterday, and it was our first time . i would suggest if you wait more than 2 weeks from the date of your approval ; because it is really fraustrating to call them , they will make you wait for a very llong time , so there is no need to call them now and waste your time .

Give them another week or two and hopefully you will hear good news :)

wish you good luck

Timeline

i actually able to call them right now... but sadly they havent received y case yet :-) thanks anyways.. wait, does you UScis case status changed to "sent to nvc"?

i actually able to call them right now... but sadly they havent received y case yet :-) thanks anyways.. wait, does you UScis case status changed to "sent to nvc"?

yes , you should wait for more than a week then call them again !

no , it does not change anymore , because once you are approved you are done with USCIS . it is still ' approved "

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was approved the 20th of March and my status changed to sent to nvc on the 27th, I won't bother trying to call until at least one more week. But that's me, I just don't want to deal with the long wait times...assuming you actually get the to the hold menu.

Some peoples status doesn't change on the uscis website after approval....don't really know why but people talk about it alot especially form CSC. So I wouldn't hold much stake in relying on that.

Timeline

it took me 3x ro dial before was able to get through, connected to the customer service in 2 mins... :-) i am just to excited to get my case number so that i can book an interview appt and book an airline ticket to phils for the interview.. we actually plan to have the interview first week of july :-)

it took me 3x ro dial before was able to get through, connected to the customer service in 2 mins... :-) i am just to excited to get my case number so that i can book an interview appt and book an airline ticket to phils for the interview.. we actually plan to have the interview first week of july :-)

I was approved the 20th of March and my status changed to sent to nvc on the 27th, I won't bother trying to call until at least one more week. But that's me, I just don't want to deal with the long wait times...assuming you actually get the to the hold menu.

Some peoples status doesn't change on the uscis website after approval....don't really know why but people talk about it alot especially form CSC. So I wouldn't hold much stake in relying on that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nice congrats....Enjoy the Phils... Congrats again. We plan on having ours in May or beginning of June with her coming probably August just due to circumstances at her place.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello VJ members !!

i hope everyone"s journey is going as they wish :D

we called NVC yesterday and after being on Hold for 45 mins , someone picked up !

we got our case number , but they said that the case has not been sent to the embassy yet :/

how much time does it take to be sent ?

It varies. For some people, it is only 1-2 days at NVC. For others, it is a week or so. I'm pretty sure your case will be on its way to Morocco by Friday, assuming it doesn't go into Administrative Processing (AP).

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

It varies. For some people, it is only 1-2 days at NVC. For others, it is a week or so. I'm pretty sure your case will be on its way to Morocco by Friday, assuming it doesn't go into Administrative Processing (AP).

Thank you for your reply !! hopefully that what will happen !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Does anyone knows what is administrative processing??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Does anyone knows what is administrative processing??

There are two kinds. The first is when it is at NVC. It is similar to a black hole. It doesn't seem to happen much now. There is a whole sticky thread on the NVC forum devoted to it: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/436021-stuck-nvc-for-ap-part-ii/

The other one is at the embassy after your interview. It generally happens to beneficiaries in the M.East, Pakistan, DR, and a few other spots.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.