duvalin

DS260 help with address for petitioner, please!

96 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

haha, I know right! Never expected they would give me a call... kind of cool I have to say. Oh my, and I thought this would be over soon... there is more after this? oh my! and could you avoid removing the conditions, I thought it was a must...

If you've been married for 2 or more years at entry to the USA you get a 10 year green card, vs the 2 year conditional one.

So as a reminder, if you will be married for less than 2 years when you enter the USA, then keep every shred of paper, bill etc... that shows the two of you have a life together. Get joint credit cards, buy a house jointly, buy a car jointly, keep a joint account, do wills, take photos with friends and family etc...

If you plan on obtaining citizenship at 3 years instead of 5, then continue to keep everything until you have it.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I see, the funny thing is that I have kept papers for 15 years... I became a paper hoarder. I knew, someday I will need it.

I am glad your almost done the process though! Are you become a citizen too?

Not sure. Wont be before 5 years at minimum though. There are jobs that open up for citizens. It's never been something I've desired except to help my daughter.

I recently threw away pay stubs from old jobs actually. Like from 10 years ago. Lol

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Hi NLR! Sorry for the delay in responding. Yes I have heard of those jobs! and same here, I had stored boxes, and boxes full even the envelopes in where the letters/bills came in... wow, now that I think about it, it was bad!

Anyways, I was in TO doing my medicals early this week... just got their email with a tracking # that says, the package is being mailed to me.. I am curious, how do I know if I passed the medical tests? they don't say anything else in the email...

thx!

They dont say anything. Its kind of frustrating but i assume that no news is good news and they'd mention if something was wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi NLR!!! How are you? :) Not sure if I told you, my interview is coming up really soon! Right now I am getting everything organize; going through the notes you posted here... and my husband just noticed that on the most recent pay stubs, the checks still have his old address printed (Canadian address) a mistake HR is looking into. Even if they fix it, it would be too late for my interview.

So all I have from his job/income is the following:

• IRS Transcripts 2012-2014
  • W2 Froms 2012-2014
  • Web profile page print out from his job
  • US Bank statements
  • US investment statement &
  • Pay Stubs (with the old address)

Do you think the address on the pay stubs will be an issue?

And in regards to domicile, I am taking the following:

• Driver's License
  • Car Insurance
  • Voting Registration Car
  • House lease & Utility bills
  • Bank Statement, and a letter from his financial advisor in the US

Could you please think of anything else I need to take?

Thank you!

All of that should be fine. With tax transcripts you do not need w2s. If his HR department could send a letter stating his yearly salary and that they have updated his address it would be a bonus and save you from using the pay stubs. It's not necessary with all the other evidence showing his domicile in the USA though.

Best of luck on the interview!

Timeline

NLR, Just finished my interview and I just wanted to say, thank you!!!

A side note, he kept the original documents because he said; they can't scan the original documents because they are waiting for biometrics back from USCI(?).. I was a little confused, but I think this was the case for everyone else too. He didn't say, how would I get them back though...

Thanks for the support, now to the rest of the process. He said, I should get my passport back within a week time.

:) :) :)(F)(L)

That is a little odd. Double check when you get your VISA package back that your originals documents are in there. If they aren't then contact the consulate.

I wouldn't want those originals to go to the USCIS, because lord knows when you'd get them back.

But

5823052936a0ae89cb.gif

Timeline

I know!! I was in a different cloud when he gave me the welcome letter, so I can't really remember the order of the words he said at the end. And of course, didn't ask about how I would get the docs back. Do you know though, what he meant about not being able to scan the originals docs due to system being slow and that they were waiting for the biometrics from USCIS?

He said that, he should get them in the next few hours, and that my visa will be printed today meaning yesterday.

My CEAC still says ready, so not sure if that means anything.

?

Ceac will say issued when issues. Maybe they had an issue with the fingerprints? Dunno honestly.

Timeline

Yeah I don't know. Wouldn't you say tho, that if he told me he will be printing the visa on Monday, my CEAC status would change to something different? Like between now and before reading ISSUED.

:cry:

thanks NLR!

Edited by duvalin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.