Janelle2002

Lose Your Faith, Get Expelled at BYU

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's an article you treat as the word of god. News flash. It ain't sent to you from heaven, because heaven just contacted me and said they don't know you.

It's the article under discussion here. For the context of this thread, the article IS our context. I'm not treating it as the word of god, especially as I have no belief in any god whatsoever.

Also, a simple google search reveals that this has been discussed before in the media and is ensconced in BYU's honour code.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

It's the article under discussion here. For the context of this thread, the article IS our context. I'm not treating it as the word of god, especially as I have no belief in any god whatsoever.

Also, a simple google search reveals that this has been discussed before in the media and is ensconced in BYU's honour code.

You are asking him to use something other than his own limited knowledge. This will never happen.

Timeline

You are asking him to use something other than his own limited knowledge. This will never happen.

His knowledge is exhaustive, apparently, and I am taking the article as word of god, so I just wanted to show him I know where the google button is on my computer.

I'm still waiting for the anti-religious sentiment to be defined in the article title or for him to clarify if he thinks reporters should only be permitted to report on things after a full court trial.

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

His knowledge is exhaustive, apparently, and I am taking the article as word of god, so I just wanted to show him I know where the google button is on my computer.

I'm still waiting for the anti-religious sentiment to be defined in the article title or for him to clarify if he thinks reporters should only be permitted to report on things after a full court trial.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Stop making me laugh. I can always count on the Hot Topic section to brighten my day.

Filed: Other Timeline

You all are going to hell. So, eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you will die. Well, so says that really smart prophet, Solomon. Isn't that theSHITS? The guy lives his whole life, and gets really, really rich, and really, really smart, and perhaps even really, really good looking, and at the end of his life he tells everyone, to eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you're gonna die? What the hell is that all about?

Edited by xxClosedxx

Timeline

You all are going to hell. So, eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you will die. Well, so says that really smart prophet, Solomon. Isn't that theSHITS? The guy lives his whole life, and gets really, really rich, and really, really smart, and perhaps even really, really good looking, and at the end of his life he tells everyone, to eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you're gonna die? What the hell is that all about?

Where is the anti-religious sentiment in the article title?

Do you believe that reporters should not be permitted to write an article until the content has been proven in a court of law?

March 13, 2014 Married!

Where is the anti-religious sentiment in the article title?

Do you believe that reporters should not be permitted to write an article until the content has been proven in a court of law?

Answers to your two questions:

1. Yes, it's there.

2. Anyone can say anything, to anyone anytime they want.

It's just a damned pisser isn't it? Folks can malign and say any goddamned thing they want, whether it's true or not, fully knowing that 98% of the folks on earth don't have OJ resources to help them win the case. It's a conspiracy I tell ya. Dammit.

So, now that we've established that, can you make me another drink please?

Timeline

Answers to your two questions:

1. Yes, it's there.

2. Anyone can say anything, to anyone anytime they want.

It's just a damned pisser isn't it? Folks can malign and say any goddamned thing they want, whether it's true or not, fully knowing that 98% of the folks on earth don't have OJ resources to help them win the case. It's a conspiracy I tell ya. Dammit.

So, now that we've established that, can you make me another drink please?

1) The question was a 'where' question. Where questions are not 'yes/no' questions. So. Where is the anti-religious sentiment in the headline?

2) Is it still merely an allegation placed wildly when it's ensconced in the institution's actual code of conduct that they expel anyone who becomes ex-mormon?

3) Sorry, as a liberal radical feminist married to a woman, I clearly hate men and can therefore not make men drinks. Get back in the kitchen and make ME a drink, because it is my unholy duty to oppress men.

March 13, 2014 Married!

1) The question was a 'where' question. Where questions are not 'yes/no' questions. So. Where is the anti-religious sentiment in the headline?

2) Is it still merely an allegation placed wildly when it's ensconced in the institution's actual code of conduct that they expel anyone who becomes ex-mormon?

3) Sorry, as a liberal radical feminist married to a woman, I clearly hate men and can therefore not make men drinks. Get back in the kitchen and make ME a drink, because it is my unholy duty to oppress men.

1. It's there. Keep looking. Remember how dad always asked mom where his keys are? Same deal.

2. It's the club thing. If you want to know what's in the club rules, you have to pass the club rules first.

3. Since you hate men, would you object to a man who dresses like a woman and looks very feminine, or do you prefer the non-fem types? I would not want to deny you the opportunity to express your hatred of men as long as I can take pictures.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: This had nothing to do with nothing!

Are you really thinking this stuff up and writing it? I just can't believe it! :ot2:

Timeline

1. It's there. Keep looking. Remember how dad always asked mom where his keys are? Same deal.

2. It's the club thing. If you want to know what's in the club rules, you have to pass the club rules first.

3. Since you hate men, would you object to a man who dresses like a woman and looks very feminine, or do you prefer the non-fem types? I would not want to deny you the opportunity to express your hatred of men as long as I can take pictures.

1) Actually, my parents never lost their keys that I remember. Where is the anti-religious sentiment in the title?

2) I already linked to the rules from the BYU website in this thread. The club rules are publicly posted. Thanks for playing, but I cannot in good conscience even grant you the boobie prize.

3) A woman is a woman, a man is a man. If you can't figure out what a woman is, it's not my job to define it for you. After all, I hate men, why would I let you take pictures?

March 13, 2014 Married!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: This had nothing to do with nothing!

Are you really thinking this stuff up and writing it? I just can't believe it! :ot2:

Cool stuff huh? Nope, not from me, but from:

Ecclesiastes 8:15

So I commended pleasure, for there is nothing good for a man under the sun except to eat and to drink and to be merry, and this will stand by him in his toils throughout the days of his life which God has given him under the sun.

So, straighten up and fly right!
Edited by xxClosedxx

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The main issue seems to be the lack of consensus among the bishops on what constitutes an offense that gets a student told 'no BYU for you.' I can see that as a definite problem, especially in a case where a school is a religious school but also has larger-scale accreditation. Accreditation standards must be met.

Yep.

I don't get the thing about hiding coffee, that's just bizarre