Mephibosheth

My email exchange with Copenhagen regarding DCF

5 posts in this topic

Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 9:51 AM

To: Copenhagen, IV

Subject: please any news

Dear US Embassy...

Since we came to file the I-130 on January 26th and were refused we haven't heard anything from you, could you please give us any update whatsoever, even if it is that you don't know anything new. The situation is quite straining for us as you can maybe imagine.

thank you

Gorm Kroeger

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Mon Feb 12 03:02:52 2007

From Copenhagen, IV

Subject: Mon Feb 12 03:02:52 2007

Dear Sir,

We have no news at present

You should keep an eye on the USCIS website.

You might also see USCIS and the Department of State website.

http://www.travel.state.gov/

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/uscis/index.html

Regards,

IV Unit (JS)

timelineAUG20.jpg

so, just posted this for showing how little information my embassy is offering... I'm thinking maybe we should move to Germany and file there (I'm a German citizen, resident in Denmark)

timelineAUG20.jpg

so, just posted this for showing how little information my embassy is offering... I'm thinking maybe we should move to Germany and file there (I'm a German citizen, resident in Denmark)

Well I guess the main question would be if your spouse would have a problem claiming residency in Germany?

I wouldnt expect any news from the Embassies until Wednesday and maybe Tuesday at the earliest because you have to keep in mind that if anything comes out from Washington its gonna happen during washington time and thats 6 hours behind CET. Which means that any news that would come out from Washington would come out here in the Afternoon at the earliest. I seriously doubt that the cable would then be spread to the consular officers as soon as it comes out. They will probably take Tuesday to digest it and then announce it in a wednesday morning meeting. Which means if you want any news you will probably have to wait til Wednesday or later in the week.

good point, thanks for the logic.... My wife would get residency fairly easily, the biggest problem would be me finding a job down there, plus frankfurt is slower then copenhagen generally.

timelineAUG20.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi,

We're dealing with the US embassy in Copenhagen right now too. But we were so lucky to get the I-130 approved there just a couple of weeks before they shut it down. But then they wrote us saying that we both needed to file the G-325A so that our I-130 could be sent to London for a re-approval. That was 2 weeks ago and we haven't heard anything more about it. Except that we should still go ahead and send the forms in STEP TWO to them. They did however say something about still being able to file the I-130 at the US embassy in London and getting your visa through them. So my suggestion to you would be to try and write to London and ask. I really hope it works out for you.

Dec 19, 2006 - Married at the city hall in Denmark

Jan 05, 2007 - Filed I-130 at the US embassy in Copenhagen (Approved)

Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A

Jan 31, 2007 - G-325A sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 15, 2007 - OP-169, DS 230 I & II, I-864 sent to US embassy in Copenhagen

Feb 27, 2007 - US embassy Copenhagen, I-130 re-approved and back

Mar 03, 2007 - Receive packet 4 - interview date April 12th

Mar 06, 2007 - Call from embassy - interview date is now on March 8th

Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear

Mar 14, 2007 - Medical exam

Apr 07, 2007 - Visa packet received

Apr 17, 2007 - POE Newark Intl. Airport

Apr 23, 2007 - USCIS refuse to change my mailing address

May 07, 2007 - Re-file for SSN

May 10, 2007 - USCIS receive visa packet from Newark

May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN

May 19, 2007 - Receive SS card

Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)

Sep 17, 2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand

Mar 06, 2008 - After 10 months and some change GC FINALLY in hand!!

Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.