|Joshua & Cristina|
|M & A|
United Arab Emirates
|Rick & Isai|
|T & S|
|Kate & Rory|
|Brandy & Ismar|
|Dwheels76 & JD |
|Alex & Lis|
|Esperanza & Jennifer|
|J & L|
|DM & JT|
|Nad & Bun|
|la & mecha|
|dj & ca|
|Simba & Sophia|
|David & Celia|
|Sharice & Lionel and Rolene|
|Bill & Melanie|
|Michael & Jovel|
|Matthew & Lisa|
|Peter & Joanna|
|Josh & Janaina|
My email exchange with Copenhagen regarding DCF
Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:18 AM
To: Copenhagen, IV
Subject: please any news
Dear US Embassy...
Since we came to file the I-130 on January 26th and were refused we haven't heard anything from you, could you please give us any update whatsoever, even if it is that you don't know anything new. The situation is quite straining for us as you can maybe imagine.
Sent: Mon Feb 12 03:02:52 2007
From Copenhagen, IV
Subject: Mon Feb 12 03:02:52 2007
We have no news at present
You should keep an eye on the USCIS website.
You might also see USCIS and the Department of State website.
IV Unit (JS)
Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:33 AM
Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:10 AM
so, just posted this for showing how little information my embassy is offering... I'm thinking maybe we should move to Germany and file there (I'm a German citizen, resident in Denmark)
Well I guess the main question would be if your spouse would have a problem claiming residency in Germany?
I wouldnt expect any news from the Embassies until Wednesday and maybe Tuesday at the earliest because you have to keep in mind that if anything comes out from Washington its gonna happen during washington time and thats 6 hours behind CET. Which means that any news that would come out from Washington would come out here in the Afternoon at the earliest. I seriously doubt that the cable would then be spread to the consular officers as soon as it comes out. They will probably take Tuesday to digest it and then announce it in a wednesday morning meeting. Which means if you want any news you will probably have to wait til Wednesday or later in the week.
Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:15 PM
Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:56 PM
We're dealing with the US embassy in Copenhagen right now too. But we were so lucky to get the I-130 approved there just a couple of weeks before they shut it down. But then they wrote us saying that we both needed to file the G-325A so that our I-130 could be sent to London for a re-approval. That was 2 weeks ago and we haven't heard anything more about it. Except that we should still go ahead and send the forms in STEP TWO to them. They did however say something about still being able to file the I-130 at the US embassy in London and getting your visa through them. So my suggestion to you would be to try and write to London and ask. I really hope it works out for you.
Jan 05, 2007 - Filed I-130 at the US embassy in Copenhagen (Approved)
Jan 30, 2007 - Received e-mail from embassy, I-130 has to be re-approved in London, we both need to file G-325A
Jan 31, 2007 - G-325A sent to US embassy in Copenhagen
Feb 15, 2007 - OP-169, DS 230 I & II, I-864 sent to US embassy in Copenhagen
Feb 27, 2007 - US embassy Copenhagen, I-130 re-approved and back
Mar 03, 2007 - Receive packet 4 - interview date April 12th
Mar 06, 2007 - Call from embassy - interview date is now on March 8th
Mar 08, 2007 - Interview at embassy - Visa approved IF medical report is all clear
Mar 14, 2007 - Medical exam
Apr 07, 2007 - Visa packet received
Apr 17, 2007 - POE Newark Intl. Airport
Apr 23, 2007 - USCIS refuse to change my mailing address
May 07, 2007 - Re-file for SSN
May 10, 2007 - USCIS receive visa packet from Newark
May 11, 2007 - Gets SSN
May 19, 2007 - Receive SS card
Jul 10, 2007 - Receive letter from TSC: greencard returned by post office - will re-send (duh!!!)
Sep 17, 2007 - Receive Welcome Letter
Feb 01, 2008 - Gets NC License - DMV will only issues it until Apr 17 08 (expiration date on entry visa in passport) since greencard not in hand
Mar 06, 2008 - After 10 months and some change GC FINALLY in hand!!
Apr 17 - Present: USCIS has managed to switch my case # with some else, send my greencard to the wrong address and had to make 3 - yes 3 - service requests on sending out my card
0 user(s) are browsing this forum
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.