TexasRuss

Adjustment of Status for K-1 & K-2's

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

So we've poured over the guides and we still have a few questions about filing for "adjustment of status" for my K-1 fiance and her two children who entered at the same time as K-2's.

Is anything having to do with the medical required for filing if filing less than 1 year from date of physical in her home country? The K-1 guide "tips" seem to indicate something about needing I-693 form regarding vaccination status?

For the kids, do they also each require a form G-325a?

Also, as K-2's I don't think they we're issued A-numbers... I can't find that anywhere on their paperwork...passports, I-94's, visa, etc. We definitely have the A-number for my wife.

Thanks for any help or suggestions...

Russ & Iris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

See this post regarding the vaccinations > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Whether or not the K-2 needs the G-325A depends on their age. See page 4 of the I-485 instructions.

K-2 does not yet have an A#, so leave that blank. They will receive one after applying for AOS.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

See this post regarding the vaccinations > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Whether or not the K-2 needs the G-325A depends on their age. See page 4 of the I-485 instructions.

K-2 does not yet have an A#, so leave that blank. They will receive one after applying for AOS.

Agree with KayDeeCee. :thumbs:

Take a look at the VJ K2 AOS Tip sheet: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips

K2's will be assigned a A# after they apply for AOS, and receive their Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or conditional Green Card..

Due to the current prolonged AOS adjudication times, it is a general forum recommendation that all former K1 (and K2) visa holders concurrently file for AOS/EAD/AP (I-485/I-765/I-131). There are no additional fees associated with concurrent filing.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

My K-1 Fiance and I just married and are preparing for AOS. She got a complete exam and all the needed vaccinations in her home country. A DS-3025 was filled out by the US approved physician over there, and she has a copy. I assume the original DS-3025 was placed in the sealed envelope which she gave to USCIS in Houston upon arrival.

My question is, why do we have to go to another USCIS approved physician here in the USA just to copy the same information to the i-693? Especially when USCIS already had the information delivered to them in the sealed envelopet? I understand we are dealing with the US Government, but is there a logical reason?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.