8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I came as a K1, and my AOS and my permission to work are pending since begining of february. I've done the fingerprints on March 5th.

My sister is getting married on August 8th, and my husbands cousin also on August 1st. The dates have been set only because of us, so we could go to Brazil only once and attend both marriages, since my huband doesnt have much vacations days.

I'm going to apply for a AP this week so I can travel in august, but I've been reading on the internet that marriage is not a valid purpose. Even if I apply many months before they dont give me one? I'm desperate right now, I'll be my sister's bridesmaid, we already booked our tickets, I'm about to start crying :((((

Do you guys have more information about it?

Also, what should I file as an evidence? I'm had my sister write a letter explaining the situation, I have all the wedding contracts confiming the date... Is it enough?

Thank you so much,

Marina

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

Stop crying. There is plenty of time for AP.

It will take about 90 days after you file.

Do not include stuff about why you need AP. It's unnecessary and does nothing to get you AP quicker.

You are creating your own anxiety. Nothing to worry about.

Best of luck

Timeline

Hi,

Stop crying. There is plenty of time for AP.

It will take about 90 days after you file.

Do not include stuff about why you need AP. It's unnecessary and does nothing to get you AP quicker.

You are creating your own anxiety. Nothing to worry about.

Best of luck

Hi Aaron, thanks for the anwser.

Reading the I-131 instructions they ask for evidence for why am I asking for a AP.

Why do you say I dont need to do it? I'm afraid I dont enter any evidence and they deny me it for lack of purpose.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi Aaron, thanks for the anwser.

Reading the I-131 instructions they ask for evidence for why am I asking for a AP.

Why do you say I dont need to do it? I'm afraid I dont enter any evidence and they deny me it for lack of purpose.

Plenty of people get AP without evidence. Do a search on this site.

Do what you want. If you want to send in your reasons, then do it.

Timeline

Plenty of people get AP without evidence. Do a search on this site.

Do what you want. If you want to send in your reasons, then do it.

I'm just afraid they deny me it if I dont file any purpose :(

I'll do more research here, thanks for helping me Aaron

Since you are on a k-1 no reasons are needed. We only put a future date as a possible trip time. No reason put on the form. Filed it with the AOS paperwork as it was free and my wife got her combo card with no issues in about 60 days. Interview for GC scheduled just after we received the Combo card and she had her green card 2 weeks later. See time lines in Signature. No need to say why just put in dates.

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

AP should be granted for K1 AOS. When we did it for my husband, we generically wrote "for potential travel to visit family or for business". We used it to visit his family and had no trouble getting AP or using it for personal reasons.

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.