meggy91224

OUR INTERVIEW! What does our interview mean? Just had today...

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

what ring? was he wearing a wedding band?

That's what I was thinking as well. Usually, it's just the woman wearing a ring when engaged so maybe that's why the CO was fishing to see if you were already married.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Regarding the ring, it is Egyptian culture for an engaged couple to wear their future wedding bands as engagement rings. They should be worn on the right hands until the wedding when they are switched during the wedding reception to the left hand. My husband wore his engagement band to his K1 interview and they didn't question it at all or ask if we were married because COs in the Cairo embassy are well aware of the Egyptian culture.

Good luck meggy91224! I agree with the other posters, it is a good sign that they kept his passport!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You don't have to stress about the financial papers, they haven't been asking about those in Cairo consulate for a while now.. I had my interview February 16th they didn't even look for the sponsor and another guy his interview was in March 16th they never asked about it too, currently I'm under AP since the interview because there was no time to get the medical before the interview.. When it comes to Cairo Consulate I believe you never know anything.. They kept the passport and that's a good thing. Stay positive

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiancée is from Pakistan, another very hard country to get through. I've read a story recently on our Embassy reviews that is pretty similar to your fiancée's interview, only it was a woman (poor girl) who was being grilled for SIX HOURS and they were assuming they were already married because her father was otherwise allowing her to fly 8K miles alone to live with a strange man - so she must be married, right?

Others here are right though: they kept his passport, they read the co-sponsor's information (if you had to submit that, then that's the one that they really care about, not yours), he corrected his mistakes, and they "get" that he's going to be nervous.

You're probably fine. They just want to consider it further before deciding.

And the question about the ring is a trick question - no guy who's not already married from a ME/Asian country would pay attention to which finger the wedding ring is on. So he did GOOD by not knowing. (Naqeeb thought it was whichever hand you wrote with before I told him.)

Be patient. Allah will make it right. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We went through a different embassy, however, we had a rough interview, they didnt accept our proof, wouldn't look at anything, told my husband he was a fraud, put us in AP ....BUT in less than 30 days we had visa in hand! So don't lose hope just yet. You came this far and inchallah it will all work out. :-)

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

Ohh Meggy another forum topic reminded me of something. ... after I had that bad interview 'for no reason'.. I contacted my local Senator and wrote him of all the details of the interview and my concerns. The Senators office contacted the embassy and within 30 days, as I mentioned we had our visa. The same Senator also helped us in getting our 10 year greencard 4 years later when it was unreasonably being delayed. So you may want to contact your Senator. Hope this helps.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you, guys. It was an engagement ring. Mohamed31, was that other guy approved or under AP? I hope you all hear good things soon! MouadsWife, that's pretty amazing that you had that awful experience but were still accepted! Thank you for your story and encouragement!

Timeline

Your welcome Meggy! Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

They thought we were married as well. The consular officer told my then fiance that he would be looking to see if there was any marriage on file for him. CO acted like the paperwork we wanted to show him supporting the not being married idea could be fake and was generally unkind to my fiance. Within 2 months we had the visa.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you for that. This really encouraged me. So were you under AP during this time? And do you have any idea why they returned our cosponsor information before he had his interview? The CO didn't even look at it. And do you have any guesses as to why the CO didn't tell us why we were under AP and for what and what they would be doing?

They thought we were married as well. The consular officer told my then fiance that he would be looking to see if there was any marriage on file for him. CO acted like the paperwork we wanted to show him supporting the not being married idea could be fake and was generally unkind to my fiance. Within 2 months we had the visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm sorry that I don't know much about co-sponsorship.

We were in AP the entire time. The CO told us we were not approved on the spot because he thought we were married, and he also said when he checked, if it came out okay, we'd get a visa. My fiance actually left the interview, went to the place in Egypt where the marriages are filed and asked the lady how long it would take for someone to find out if he was married or not. The lady at the marriage office (not called that, but I don't remember the name), told him that there was nothing on file for us, and that it would take no time at all for them to determine he was not married to anyone. It still took nearly two months for our approval.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You might be in AP while they investigate to confirm that you are not yet married. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. Sorry to hear you guys had to go through this. Being put in a private interview room must have been a very intimidating and frightening experience for him, especially as a shy person. Let us know if you get any updates.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.