apple21

Passport renewal (Phil. Consulate LA)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read the requirements and I just want to ask will they take the original NSO BC? Or will they give it back?

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They'll take it

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Getting certified copies here in the US is not too bad. Many services on the internet that will fetch if for you. Just google one. Cost about $30.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read the requirements and I just want to ask will they take the original NSO BC? Or will they give it back?

Thanks.

According to the consulate website they keep the BC. You can order a BC through NSO online.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks guys. But I was reading the wrong list :rofl:

Since we are renewing, NSO BC is not needed. It's only required for first-time applicants or for lost/stolen passports. My bad. :goofy:

Edited by apple21

Timeline

They only asked for the followng (for adult and minor kids):

- original passport

- filled-up application form

- photocopy of the passport bio page

- $60 fee

We did the renewal today March 30. Release date is on June 23. :)

Edited by apple21

Wow. 3 months. Way back when the PHL was the last in the world using hand written, non-machine readable passports, we used to be able to get them the same day. Haha.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Timeline

Wow. 3 months. Way back when the PHL was the last in the world using hand written, non-machine readable passports, we used to be able to get them the same day. Haha.

True. My first passport was the green one.

I guess they're starting to get backed up. When I applied for my passport in LA back in 2013 before they moved to the new office, it took only 2 months.

Feb 24, 2014 We got married in the Philippines
Aug 12, 2014 Returned to USA after staying 6 months in the Philippines

Petition for my wife
USCIS
Sep 30, 2014 Mailed I-130 Pagkage @ Norco, CA
Oct 01, 2014 Received @ Phoenix, AZ Lockbox
Oct 06, 2014 USCIS E-notification
Oct 07, 2014 Check Cashed
Oct 09, 2014 NOA1 Received
Oct 30, 2014 NOA2 Received (Oct 26 Notice Date)

NVC
Nov 18, 2014 NVC Received Case
Dec 16, 2014 NVC Welcome Letter E-mail Received (Including Case Number & IIN)
Dec 16, 2014 DS-261 Submitted
Dec 17, 2014 Affidavit of Support Invoice Received
Dec 18, 2014 Affidavit of Support Invoice Paid
Dec 21, 2014 Mailed AOS and IV Package
Jan 14, 2015 Immigrant Visa Invoice Received
Jan 14, 2015 Immigrant Visa Invoice Paid
Jan 24, 2015 DS-260 Submitted
Mar 04, 2015 Case Complete
Mar 09, 2015 Interview Scheduled E-mail Received

US Embassy
Mar 20, 2015 Medical Exam
Mar 23, 2015 Medical Results Received
Apr 15, 2015 Interview - Visa Approved
Apr 18, 2015 Visa Delivered

USA
May 17, 2015 Point of Entry - Los Angeles
May 26, 2015 Social Security Card Received
Jun 23, 2015 Permanent Resident Card Received *** Removal of Conditions Apr 22, 2017 Mailed I-751 package from Norco, CA to California Service Center *** May 8, 2017 Check Cashed *** May 8, 2017 NOA Received

Petition for my step-son
USCIS Dec 30, 2015 Mailed I-130 package from Norco, CA *** Jan 04, 2016 Received @ Phoenix, AZ Lockbox *** Jan 06, 2016 USCIS E-notification *** Jan 07, 2016 Check Cashed *** Jan 11, 2016 NOA1 Received *** Feb 10, 2016 NOA2 Received (Feb 03 Notice Date) *** NVC Mar 05, 2016 NVC Welcome Letter Received (Including Case Number & IIN) *** Mar 17, 2016 DS-261 Submitted *** Apr 01, 2016 Immigrant Visa Invoice Received *** Apr 1, 2016 Affidavit of Support Invoice Paid *** Apr 01, 2016 Immigrant Visa Invoice Paid *** Jun 8, 2016 DS-260 Submitted *** Jun 11, 2016 Mailed AOS and IV Package *** Jul 22, 2016 Case Complete *** Aug 5, 2016 Interview Scheduled E-mail Received *** US Embassy Oct 17, 2016 Medical Exam *** Oct 19, 2016 Medical Results Received *** October 28, 2016 Interview *** Nov 3, 2016 Visa Delivered *** USA Mar 27, 2017 Point of Entry - Los Angeles *** Apr 21, 2017 Permanent Resident Card Received *** Apr 21, 2017 Social Security Card Requested (USCIS didn't process)

Timeline

I guess they're starting to get backed up. When I applied for my passport in LA back in 2013 before they moved to the new office, it took only 2 months.

Yup the wait time is insane. Maybe we'll call earlier to check on the status. Hehehehe.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Update:

May 20 I asked thru FB messenger if there's any chance we can collect the passports earlier than June 23.

May 21 Consulate replied that passports are ready for pick up.

We got it today!!! ?

Hi what's the requirments for renewing passport? My passport will expire on 2017, r they still going to put the visa and the CFO sticker Back from the old passport?

I just renewed my passport at the San Francisco consulate. I submitted:

1. Original passport

2. Photocopy of bio page of passport

3. Completed application form

4. Photocopy of state ID (or valid DL)

The lady at information desk (she checks the documents before giving me a number on ticker tape) asked for a photocopy of my GC. I argued with her that the consulate website only indicated to bring the GC as proof I'm not a U.S. Citizen, not a photocopy. I mentioned that I had my GC with me and would gladly show her but I will not be submitting a photocopy. She gave in, gave me the number on ticker tape then I headed back to the waiting area where the rest of the consulate staff was.

A guy from the overseas voter registration section called my number. I had to do biometrics (thumb prints and picture) and fill up a separate form (different from the passport application form).

Then another guy called my last name and he did my biometrics for the passport. I went over to the cashier and paid $60. I got a claim stub indicating when to pick up the new passport and was told to bring my expired passport when claiming the new one.

By the way, they gave me back my latest passport, with all my visa stamps and CFO stickers and certificates intact.

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.