alivcc

Fiance in the US, But do not want to Marry

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I went thrugh hops to bring here over. But sadly she turned out to be mentally challenged.

So we are not getting married.

Now she is taking off to some place in the USA.

Do I need to do anything, like inform the INS or the immigration services, etc etc.

Am I obligated?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

She needs to return to her home country within 90 days of her entry into the country. If there will be no marriage within the same 90 days.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Remember the promise you signed to support her for 3 years? If she ends up on welfare, Social Service authorities will be knocking on your door looking for reinbursement.

Don't just let her go. Report her to USCIS and follow through to make sure she gets deported.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Remember the promise you signed to support her for 3 years? If she ends up on welfare, Social Service authorities will be knocking on your door looking for reinbursement.

Don't just let her go. Report her to USCIS and follow through to make sure she gets deported.

I-134 is non-binding, not really worth the paper it is written on.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You should try and get her back home. If she refuses to go, there is nothing you can do other than to alert the authorities and let her go her merry ways. She won't be able to AOS on the current K-1 even if she marries someone else.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should try and get her back home. If she refuses to go, there is nothing you can do other than to alert the authorities and let her go her merry ways. She won't be able to AOS on the current K-1 even if she marries someone else.

Agreed......

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You cannot force her to leave, if she stays that is on her own head and same if she leaves.

Just report it to who needs to know and get on with your life.

No marriage happened so I do not believe you are legally bound to support her if she stayed, and if she does, she is staying illegal and against he rules of the K1.

Just report and move on.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

3 years? Op not sign i-864. I-134 only, and thats 90 days.

Where you get 3 years from?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

There is no three year obligation, but you may have filled out your I 134 stating you'd support her indefinitely, since you evidently had no intention of this not being a permanent relationship. Just reporting the situation to USCIS would be sufficient to absolve you from responsibility for her. It's not your responsibility to ensure that she is deported, but you have an obligation to ensure that the authorities are alerted, if only to protect yourself. If she has mental health issues, that may be of concern to you.

Sorry to hear that things have not worked out for you.

Edited by wbeem
Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: Timeline

Incorrect info...what 3 yrs?

OP report that there will be no marriage to UscIS

and move on, don't let hate rule, it takes energy

she wont be able to get into status

Edited by Jawaree

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I went thrugh hops to bring here over. But sadly she turned out to be mentally challenged.

So we are not getting married.

Now she is taking off to some place in the USA.

Do I need to do anything, like inform the INS or the immigration services, etc etc.

Am I obligated?

Did she really end up being mentally challenged or are you being facetious?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.