billy0227

Married for 2 months wanted a divorce to remarry

87 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

It amazes me that after all the comments and rebuttals that you have received here, mostly because your approach to your 'story' as you call it, it appears that this forum was used only as a platform to tell us all how hard you had it and to give yourself an excuse why you acted the way you did.

Some comments have been harsh, but please understand that none of here are able to look at your story completely from the sidelines and simply see the facts. It's because we are all effected by the process, some more then others, but none of us had it easy through this leinghtly process.

And since you have asked for an advice, I will repeat some from the comments before mine :

- Man up

- make it good with people that are in your life

- look closely at the mistakes that you have made, learn from them

- own the mistakes you have made, as no one forced you to make them. It was your choice and your choice only.

- Learn to live with your decisions

- And got the sake of all human kind - be honest.

Good luck!

Am i not being any of those?

I'm here trying to man up to fix my mistakes and being as honest as possible.

Some people can be a jerk i know, but how can one be proven to be honest if only conclusion people here has is this is a fraud?

Out of 6 pages i honestly saw like 2 or 3 people that seems to actually care reading the whole story and give their best thoughts on it.

Timeline

See my last post then please tell me again about frauds and liars.

See here's the problem, you assume everyone does this and that because of legality or because one's current status.

I understand that as it is part of reality.

But is it really that hard to just read and listen what's someone is saying before you accuse?

I'm just like you. Just someone who only wants one thing in life, to find that someone who you can be with the rest of your life, someone who you'd fight for whatever hurdles comes within your paths. But maybe, just maybe it crosses your mind that it's people like you that's making it hard to believe an obvious. True, government or USCIS or whatever may only have one point of view, it's normal for security reasons and totally understandable. But what about those people really in love like me? or maybe like you too?

"But what about those people really in love like me? or maybe like you too?"

They do things the right way the best they can. They dont circumvent and they seek to repair their mistakes with their wife, father, lady, the government, and fellow citizens of the country they how to legally live in. They do not do what you've been doing.

Really?

Please tell me exactly what i have been doing?

Me and father got nothing to do even with this. Its a family matter, sure it affected my status along the way, but still a family matter. And as a family, stuffs happen normally that you dont think ahead first before taking any action. Its normal. Its the same stuffs you surprisingly didn't mean to say everytime you may have argued with your mom or dad. But later on think you had it wrong.

About my wife. I already have said, i never asked for that and i even tried to break up with her and everything, seriously go think of yourself.

Seriously though, if you can only think of one answer right now me going back to my country without or instead of offering any other methods, what other choices do you think i have when i was told to either marry her or get reported? ha?

Please be reasonable enough

Timeline

I don't know what you want from this board. You have been instructed in how to adjust status and that it will be very difficult for you. You have nothing to prove to anyone on this board. Just do it.

I already answered your questions a page or two back. Please go read the answers.

I am. But some answers were not clear enough so still waiting for any decent one, while waiting on the other hand, im just replying on what other's have posted and giving my own thoughts about it.

Nothing wrong right? And thank you.

Though honestly, i was expecting more of like is someone will came up suggesting options on informations regarding AB60, VAWA, or like any waivers available. But maybe i was more of

misunderstood coz most i have gotten was either what USCIS may decide or they perfectly made it clear i made a mistake. Which i obviously know already.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

About my wife. I already have said, i never asked for that and i even tried to break up with her and everything, seriously go think of yourself.

I am sorry but there isn't such thing as 'tried to break up'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I've read and reread your story as well as all every comment.

All you can really do is divorce your wife (the one you married simply to stay in the country....THIS is why people are calling you a fraud, btw. even if you were forced.)

After you divorce her, there's nothing you can really do to stop her from reporting you. I would definitely take the advice of some to beg for mercy from your father. Maybe he can help in some way.

You can try and marry the girl you actually love, but it will be difficult to turn that into a greencard considering your history.

Me telling you all this is not judgement. It's just the truth of the situation. Actions have consequences, and although it's not what you want to hear, you might have to go back to the Philippines. Sometimes we cannot escape our mistakes and our bad decisions. And that sucks, I know.

Other than to tell you to hire a good immigration lawyer, there's not much else we can all tell you to do. It seems you are waiting for someone to give you a miracle answer, and unfortunately, there isn't one.

I wish you luck and hopefully you can turn the mistakes you made in the past into something better for the future.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

I agree with Stepy. Get a divorce. Remarry your girlfriend when you are ready and hope for the best. You may get deported back to PI. That is a reality. If you do, maybe your girlfriend can move to PI to be with you.

K-1 JourneyI-129F sent: 12/03/2012 (overnight)NOA1 printed on letter: 12/06/2012NOA1 text/email: 12/07/2012Transfer from VSC to TSC: 5/29/2013NOA2: 6/18/2013Notice of transfer to Dept of State: 7/10/2013Case received by NVC: 7/12/2013Packet 3 received: 7/26/2013Packet 3 mailed: 7/31/2013 (overnight)Packet 4 received: 8/9/2013Interview: 8/20/2013 Approved!Wedding Date: 10/26/2013 smile.pngAOS JourneyI-485/I-131/I-765 NOA1: 12/6/2013EAD/AP Approved: 2/11/2014<p>Notice of Interview Waiver: Received on 3/17/14 but dated 3/12/14

Approved 6/25/2014!

Filed: Timeline

Wonder if this is a troll....Some ppl comments were very hateful

however if OP is real , he takes no responsibility for actions, is in

denial & blames everyone but himself....he is not listening & will

likely get in ICE dragnet somehow. Such an over-bearing spiteful

lonely, want a man badly female will never leave it alone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Anyone can file a divorce petition.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Closed for review~~~

***After reviewing this thread, it will remain closed to additional discussion. The OP has been provided with enough answers to their query. 9 posts that were either non-constructive or stereotyping in nature have been removed along with posts quoting or referencing. Do not restart this thread or reference it in any future discussion.***

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.