billy0227

Married for 2 months wanted a divorce to remarry

87 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

"I also want to say that, remarrying my lady was out of the option in the first place, but as me and my lady tried to do researches together on how i can keep myself stay here or make myself protected on deportation even if my wife reports me, puts her on offering me marriage if we found no other ways, and of course i'd agree with it because technically speaking, me and my wife had nothing to begin with except for phone communications and a title of being in a relationship. But physical company and the feeling of not being alone was done by my lady here, and all stuffs we did in so little time that did not happen even between me and my girlfriend before of more than 2 years."

So you have admitted that you didn't have a real relationship with your wife. How is that not fraud? Also, does she think you tricked her into marrying her for a green card? I wish your wife all the best.

So you have admitted that you didn't have a real relationship with your wife. How is that not fraud? Also, does she think you tricked her into marrying her for a green card? I wish your wife all the best.

I don't know but maybe if you even read that?

Did it not come to you that i was probably forced to marry her by threatening me that she will have me deported if i disagree? I am obviously an illegal and having to live a life like this for years of course i would fear getting deported. Are you being one sided in this story?

Would you consider that fraud if in the first place i never even want to marry her just yet? We met once face to face and on her second visit i was told to either marry her or get deported? Just because what? that she felt cheated or lost because i found someone who's able to have her presence available when possible?

Would you consider that fraud if before we got marriage i tried to break up with her and told her about this lady? and even after our marriage, she went back to her state, got busy, barely have no time for us to talk, and for both of us to move on with life, i offered her divorce without even considering that yeah obviously she is into me and already married that i can have that advantage to fix my status but refused instead?

If that's that's your definition of fraud then...how possible can one prove real love when all that matters is seeing an individual who:

- entered USA legally

- approved to stay with D/S stamped

- studied 4 years in college

- completed 4 months of GED

- completed English School

- given valid License

- with an Investor parent

- reported tax yearly even being out of status

- no criminal records

but just suddenly had a family issue

- got emotional and went pridely immature

- became illegal for not able to support tuition fees

- had more than 2 years of relationship ended breaking up

- happen to meet a new lady not knowing she's this possesive

- got married

- offered divorce without a plan to file or ask her to petition me

is a representation of a fraud anyway?

and please dont get me wrong, even if with all these i said are facts...the law will see it the just as what you said but that's where i am here, asking if there is really NO way of proving that i simply developed and chose to love the lady here than someone i barely know that happens to display an amount of possesiveness or controlling person? really?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Did it not come to you that i was probably forced to marry her by threatening me that she will have me deported if i disagree? I am obviously an illegal and having to live a life like this for years of course i would fear getting deported. Are you being one sided in this story?"

You were "probably" forced to marry? So you are telling us that your now wife, made you marry her with the threat that if you didn't, she would report you to immigration? And a woman that was that possessive would be OK with you and her living apart and "technically" not having a real relationship? Your story doesn't really add up. It's a fascinating tale though, I'll admit that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Did it not come to you that i was probably forced to marry her by threatening me that she will have me deported if i disagree? I am obviously an illegal and having to live a life like this for years of course i would fear getting deported. Are you being one sided in this story?"

You were "probably" forced to marry? So you are telling us that your now wife, made you marry her with the threat that if you didn't, she would report you to immigration? And a woman that was that possessive would be OK with you and her living apart and "technically" not having a real relationship? Your story doesn't really add up. It's a fascinating tale though, I'll admit that.

That's what I don't understand she is that overbearing and needing to be with you, but you live in different states.

Filed: Timeline

Dude seems really nice guy, but come-on no one will buy this." Your current wife forced you to marry her".

Timeline

I did read your story, that is the thing. You still married your wife, nobody forced you to, but now it's sound like she did. I don't buy it, sorry.

YOU put yourself in this situation. People can say what ever they want, it's how YOU act what matters.

There is nothing funny about your story that would prompted me to write LOL, but again, this is your story.

There is absolutely no need for you to dig those messages. At the end of the day YOU married her.

I guess what I am trying to get across is that decisions you have made have nothing to do with the women in yor life or your parents.

What to change things? Be proactive, not reactive.

And i thought i read somewhere that "force marriage" are part of the law to see if a divorce or annulment can be done. Meaning, i come to assume that "forcing" exists, unlike you said, "nobody forced you to", please understand, that again, i am well aware and so does she that i am currently an illegal person who lives almost half of my life here in USA, and you expect me to not fear deportation if someone plans to make it happen or have made it clear to me that this person can actually do it without a joke by simply calling my work and reports an illegal worked who's name is me asking if they are aware of me being illegal and working on their company?

Well then, i guess you're right. No one indeed forced me. As if i needed to be scared losing everything i worked for just years right?

See here, i know i made a mistake, i know my decisions had made me face these consequences, but i'm only human who just wants to settle for a good life. Everyone does. And i left home, discovering new world of America, knows no one, what options i have left to make myself survive the choice i already have made to discover later as a mistake? Move on right?

So now here i am, after all my effort to move forward with life i've chosen, one just can simply hey, let me end your life by reporting you. Won't you feel fear losing everything you already have used on doing for years without looking for any option to save it with little time you can do to ask suggestions from someone you assumed can understand the situation and not just put your hopes down making you feel your mistakes even more than find more options?

You know, honestly, i don't mind going back to my country if my fate had stopped here, but i consider that my last resort because i don't want to just give up on everything without trying any options before that judgement comes when i believe there will be a way for me to keep moving forward. I'm not a bad guy man. You may or may not believe it, but i only want to achieve things my own.

You know, if i could go back and study again, i would. Life is hard man, and i already have dealt with it, so why quit now right?

Timeline

Dude seems really nice guy, but come-on no one will buy this." Your current wife forced you to marry her".

Not probably intended forcing. But maybe threatens to control since obviously my wife felt cheated, which it actually happen and i admit that, and for her to get revenge is take advantage of what fears me?

That's what I don't understand she is that overbearing and needing to be with you, but you live in different states.

Trust me, i even told her that. All she said in time we will be together, and i keep telling her and making her realize that if us being in a relationship made yourself lack of physical presence to me, how does staying apart more makes that? She don't want to move here either so. Do you really want me to just do what she says without having any consent to me? Is a relationship or being married have to be controlled by one without considering suggestions? No. And that's why i told her, by displaying your attitude to me like that, i don't think we can get along, and that's why i keep telling her to agree with the divorce without threatening me, which all she keeps saying is "do what you want, just don't blame me for what will happen, if i can't have you, she can't have you". What else should i do ha? Pursue the marriage even if its against me? Not for me at least....

I got the same answer above. And trust me, i know i don't have to, but if i needed to provide you all timelines i would. if i'm probably on your side reading this, i would definitely say the same thing myself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

If immigration start removing illegal immigrants, they have to call entire US army which they don't have the time, i have seen many people who get legal after staying here for 10 years or more. But one thing made them easy they were not in trouble with police. Some people i have seen got deported who committed even minor crimes.

There's no illegals in any branch of the military.

2014-05-08 Sent I-129f
2014-05-12 I-129f received
2014-05-15 Received NOA1 email
2014-05-19 Received NOA1 hardcopy
2014-09-10 NOA2 Approved
2014-09-30 Package Left from NVC
2014-10-06 Received by Embassy
2014-10-31 Interview, Approved.
2014-11-03 Picked up visa.
2014-12-25 POE Ft. Lauderdale

2015-01-02 Wedding

---AOS---

2015-01-09 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

2015-01-12 AOS package received

2015-01-14 Email received: Case accepted and routed

2015-01-15 Check cashed

2015-01-20 Received NOAs in the mail

2015-02-07 Received Biometrics letter in the mail

2015-02-19 Biometrics Appt in Raleigh office.

2015-03-13 EAD and AP approved

2015-03-19 EAD and AP sent

2015-03-21 Received EAD/AP combo card

2015-03-26 Received 2nd Biometrics appointment for Charlotte office

2015-04-08 2nd Biometrics

2015-06-15 Received NPIW dated 06-11

2015-08-01 Green Card Approved

2015-08-03 Welcome Letter Mailed

2015-08-07 Welcome Letter Received

2015-08-22 Card Mailed

2015-08-26 Card Received

2015-11-20 Enlisted in the USMC

2016-02-16 Shipping date to bootcamp

Timeline

I think they meant to help get all the illegals out....

That makes sense.

2014-05-08 Sent I-129f
2014-09-10 NOA2 Approved

2015-01-02 Wedding

---AOS---

2015-01-15 Check cashed

2015-08-22 Card Mailed

2015-08-26 Card Received

Timeline

Who said "Illegal Alians in US army " ?

Well, since this has been a long thread about illegal immigration, and "If immigration start removing illegal immigrants, they have to call entire US army which they don't have the time" < that was posted, I thought it was talking about illegals in the Army, which now it makes sense to me how they were referring to call the Army to help remove illegal immigrants, see what I'm saying?

Just what went through my head when I read the statement.

Edited by Adrian-Gloria

2014-05-08 Sent I-129f
2014-09-10 NOA2 Approved

2015-01-02 Wedding

---AOS---

2015-01-15 Check cashed

2015-08-22 Card Mailed

2015-08-26 Card Received

This probably going to locked soon. OP you might want to read up on the Philippines law on divorce and then remarriage. You might also be breaking laws in your own country if you do that.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.