We Keep Receipts

Video shows motorist pulled from car, beaten by officers

61 posts in this topic

where does it say illegal?

if you really want to know why it's on the dl and no one cares, who cares if an illegal is shot in texas? pfft.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Last week in Grapevine Texas, a city close to where I live. An Illegal Mexican got pulled over, got out of his car and started walking toward the cops and they shot him dead. They say they have it on video, but funny how it doesn't get much chat, I guess since the guy was Hispanic and not Black that is why it been kept down low.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/world/2015/02/26/police-killing-immigrant-grapevine-mexico/24046993/

We did have a topic on this. They may have a wrongful death suit here but IIRC, he did flee at high speed and then got out of the car and approach the officers so there are mitigating factors.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

What stands out to me about the case in this topic is we have the word of a 57 year old guy with no record of doing anything wrong vs an officer who has already been indicted on federal corruption charges, who has cost the city of Detroit over a million dollars in settlements including a wrongful death suit, has a history of planting evidence, and the most citizen complaints of any officer in Detroit.

So why does the badge get the benefit of the doubt over a persons actions?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

where does it say illegal?

if you really want to know why it's on the dl and no one cares, who cares if an illegal is shot in texas? pfft.

He was here illegally per numerous reports on TV

Timeline

What stands out to me about the case in this topic is we have the word of a 57 year old guy with no record of doing anything wrong vs an officer who has already been indicted on federal corruption charges, who has cost the city of Detroit over a million dollars in settlements including a wrongful death suit, has a history of planting evidence, and the most citizen complaints of any officer in Detroit.

Because usually the suspect is worthless criminal.

Of course Police departments have their bad apples too, but way way more thug criminals than bad police officer.

Because usually the badge is correct, and for sure there are some POS cops

before we an accept any of these 'incidents' as evidence of an actual problem, any victim must immediately after death survive the court of media facilitated public opinion. each and every time, the buck stops here. wonder why that is?

No, because I, just like you, know exactly why it is. But you can't convince some people here since they genuinely believe they're in danger of becoming the new minority. I think NB said it a few weeks ago, there's an actual anger that black people get media coverage when we get brutalized/killed by the police. Like I can brag about it or something. Hey Mom! Look at me on TV with a crushed skull and punctured lung from some cops mistaking my bottle of water for a gun!

Because usually the suspect is worthless criminal.

Of course Police departments have their bad apples too, but way way more thug criminals than bad police officer.

Because usually the badge is correct, and for sure there are some POS cops

Two things:

I. Earlier you said you don't care for cops or authority, and have stated that you've had guns drawn on you from them. So, does that make you a criminal? Because you said they're usually correct. Inquiring minds want to know :goofy:

2. You're right about one thing, there was a thug criminal in this scenario. It's just not the guy you want it to be.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yes, which appears to be the case here. They should have fired this officer years ago.

Fired? More like locked his sorry butt in jail. Reading your link, this dude is like Vic Mckay. Only two likely scenarios. Either he had the jury threatened which led to his acquittal, or he has something that could bring people down in high places. No way someone with this kind of history would be walking the streets, let alone working as a police officer.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

No, because I, just like you, know exactly why it is. But you can't convince some people here since they genuinely believe they're in danger of becoming the new minority. I think NB said it a few weeks ago, there's an actual anger that black people get media coverage when we get brutalized/killed by the police. Like I can brag about it or something. Hey Mom! Look at me on TV with a crushed skull and punctured lung from some cops mistaking my bottle of water for a gun!

Two things:

I. Earlier you said you don't care for cops or authority, and have stated that you've had guns drawn on you from them. So, does that make you a criminal? Because you said they're usually correct. Inquiring minds want to know :goofy:

1.) I was 17 and had a brand new 12 guage shotgun and was dove hunting in Dallas near a river and the police showed up in 2 cars and got behind there car doors and drew on me and told me to drop the weapon, Which I did. They told me I was hunting on private or city property, which I thought was public and they let me go.

2.) Last year I had just flown back from PHillppines (24 hour flight), I was home at my house in Texas and I have a 3 car garage with 2 garage doors, I had left one of my vehicles running and left my handgun on top of the other vehicle, My neighbor called popo since she thought I had died (she very paranoid) and police and Swat surrounded my house (around 10 pm) and entered my property and I woke up in my bed with a automatic rifle about 2 feet from my head, I have CCTV in my house and outside it was pretty darn funny to watch after it was over with. But I promise you if I had made a stupid move I would of been gone......

1.) I was 17 and had a brand new 12 guage shotgun and was dove hunting in Dallas near a river and the police showed up in 2 cars and got behind there car doors and drew on me and told me to drop the weapon, Which I did. They told me I was hunting on private or city property, which I thought was public and they let me go.

2.) Last year I had just flown back from PHillppines (24 hour flight), I was home at my house in Texas and I have a 3 car garage with 2 garage doors, I had left one of my vehicles running and left my handgun on top of the other vehicle, My neighbor called popo since she thought I had died (she very paranoid) and police and Swat surrounded my house (around 10 pm) and entered my property and I woke up in my bed with a automatic rifle about 2 feet from my head, I have CCTV in my house and outside it was pretty darn funny to watch after it was over with. But I promise you if I had made a stupid move I would of been gone......

Glad you were able to walk away from both of those incidents unharmed. Many young black men don't get that chance. Tamir and John were gunned down for fake guns, not even given the chance to drop them. That's the difference between you and me. They were murdered on sight, over a toy gun and a bb gun. And neither one of them broke a single law.

Like one cop said in the Eric Gardner case: When the perp is black, I take precautions for myself. When the perp is white, I take precautions for myself AND the perp.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Crack was present. The charge can't be dismissed. If he says it was planted he will still have to prove that. That's why we have a justice system.

If the suspect wasn't resisting, regardless of the crime, it's excessive force. I'm not in favor of summary beatings administered by law enforcement. It's not their mandate.

" Crack was present. The charge can't be dismissed. If he says it was planted he will still have to prove that. That's why we have a justice system."

Just to clarify the prosecution will have to prove possession and not the other way around, it will be weighed against video evidence showing a white plastic bag being pulled from officer Melendez's jacket.

The 37-year Ford Motor Company employee was charged with assault, resisting arrest, and possession of cocaine. Arresting officers insisted they found crack cocaine beneath the passenger seat of Dent’s Cadillac. Dent, a grandfather with no prior criminal history and who tested negative for drugs during his two-day hospital stay, says police planted the drugs at the time of his arrest.

Dent says he saw them do it and that the videotape will prove it. In a tape shown on MSNBC’s All In With Chris Hayes, Melendez is standing at the rear of the vehicle when he pulls a plastic baggie from his jacket.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Timeline

" Crack was present. The charge can't be dismissed. If he says it was planted he will still have to prove that. That's why we have a justice system."

Just to clarify the prosecution will have to prove possession and not the other way around, it will be weighed against video evidence showing a white plastic bag being pulled from officer Melendez's jacket.

The 37-year Ford Motor Company employee was charged with assault, resisting arrest, and possession of cocaine. Arresting officers insisted they found crack cocaine beneath the passenger seat of Dent’s Cadillac. Dent, a grandfather with no prior criminal history and who tested negative for drugs during his two-day hospital stay, says police planted the drugs at the time of his arrest.

Dent says he saw them do it and that the videotape will prove it. In a tape shown on MSNBC’s All In With Chris Hayes, Melendez is standing at the rear of the vehicle when he pulls a plastic baggie from his jacket.

I'm not sure what you're trying to clarify. If the video of the officer planting evidence didn't exist, the prosecution had an open and shut case. Are you saying the testimony of 2 officers would not have been enough to get a conviction?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What is with this country and it's hatred of government and love of authoritarianism? We hate the government, but the we love the instruments of government authority! I spoke with a man recently who said he doesn't trust the government to run anything, especially not health care, and then in the next breath told me how hopes his son will join the US army. Who does the army take its orders from? Could it possibly be the fricken government?

It's a mantra programmed into people by prolonged exposure to talk radio shock jocks and news commentary shows.