TinaSun

NVC case timeline - I am very confused

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hello,

I don't know how to post the timeline so I listed all the important dates below. I sent AOS package on March 3 and IV package on March 9, both via email. When I called them on March 17 the representative said i did not opt in for electronic processing so I have to mail the docs. So I mailed the docs on March 19. On March 21 I got an email saying they received my docs on March 20. Yesterday I could not log into CEAC website so I called today and was told I was already opted in for electronic process because I sent the emails and they assigned me a newcase number. Also, I just received an email, with the new case number, saying they received my documents on Feb 23. I am very confused. I am sure I had not sent or paid any fee by Feb 23. Is there anything wrong?

1/15: case received by NVC

2/23: Received case number

2/23: submitted AOS fee payment

2/24: AOS fee is paid

3/3: submitted IV fee payment

3/3: submitted AOS package via email

3/5: IV fee is paid

3/9: Submitted Civil package via email

3/17: AOS package and IV package sent via mail

3/18: Submitted form 260

3/19: AOS package and IV package delivered

3/20: Scan date

3/26: Called NVC. Heard they changed my case number. And I already opted in for electronic processing.

3/26: Got an email from NVS that they received my documents on 2/23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - this is a mismatch -

where you had doc intake for

1. postal mail processing and

2. Electronic Processing.

for now, IMO, since you got a GZO number assigned (finally) - you should reach a supervisor via telephone,

and ask that the entire casefile be tagged as an EP case, and not chase the paper version of the casefile.

IF the casefile remains an EP casefile, this is a good thing, as after case-complete, NVC schedules the interview for GUZ IV, and it's THIS PATH that shaves off 4 to 6 months of additional waiting.

errata: ages past, there was a process to OPT IN for this optional processing. Now-a-days, it's enough to EMAIL IN the AOS set and civil docs after GUZ # and IIN and BIN assigned, no need to actually OPT IN - but it takes some time, that email set sits in a queue for up to 60 days (currently) before a human sees it. if/when a human sees it, they click the tag to make it an EP casefile. Luckily for you, NVC has caught up with the email submissions you made, ages past, and you have a GZO Number now, a visual indicator that the casefile was converted to a EP casefile.

-=-=-=-=-=

GUZ casefile # - postal mail processing, paper casefile. physical casefile must show up at GUZ IV, GUZ IV sets the appointment, it's a long wait.

GZO Casefile # - Electronic Processing, electronic casefile. NVC sets the appointment, casefile electronically 'sent' from NVC to GUZ IV via SAFEFILE consular records electronic storage system.

-=-=-=-=

Let us know about the telephone conversation you will be having with a supervisor at NVC, what you said, what the supervisor said, later [this is a future event, you need to call NVC and make certain the GZO Casefile will be used, not the GUZ casefile]

Finally, log in with the GZO # and IIN - see if you can 'see things' in ceac using the newly issued GZO #. If yes, then 90 percent of the mismatch has been overcome.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks Darnell. I just called and the rep told me there's no supervisor available....

I said it's confusing because last week I was told my case was paper file and I have to send all paper docs but this morning I was told it's EP. The rep confirmed that now the case is EP and they will return the physical documents i sent back to me.

I also asked if he can check whether they received all docs because i sent in several different emails: one email with I 864EZ form; one email with AOS package; one email with IV package; one with my marriage certificate (I am not sure if this is needed. I did not have it in IV package. I am petitoner for my mom and my income is sufficient so I filed I 864 EZ. Do I need to send my natualization cerfiticate and birth certificate too?)

With the new GZO number I can log into CEAC website now and everything looks the same: AOS and IV fee paid and IV application is completed.

Is there anything else I need to do at this stage?

ok - this is a mismatch -

where you had doc intake for

1. postal mail processing and

2. Electronic Processing.

for now, IMO, since you got a GZO number assigned (finally) - you should reach a supervisor via telephone,

and ask that the entire casefile be tagged as an EP case, and not chase the paper version of the casefile.

IF the casefile remains an EP casefile, this is a good thing, as after case-complete, NVC schedules the interview for GUZ IV, and it's THIS PATH that shaves off 4 to 6 months of additional waiting.

errata: ages past, there was a process to OPT IN for this optional processing. Now-a-days, it's enough to EMAIL IN the AOS set and civil docs after GUZ # and IIN and BIN assigned, no need to actually OPT IN - but it takes some time, that email set sits in a queue for up to 60 days (currently) before a human sees it. if/when a human sees it, they click the tag to make it an EP casefile. Luckily for you, NVC has caught up with the email submissions you made, ages past, and you have a GZO Number now, a visual indicator that the casefile was converted to a EP casefile.

-=-=-=-=-=

GUZ casefile # - postal mail processing, paper casefile. physical casefile must show up at GUZ IV, GUZ IV sets the appointment, it's a long wait.

GZO Casefile # - Electronic Processing, electronic casefile. NVC sets the appointment, casefile electronically 'sent' from NVC to GUZ IV via SAFEFILE consular records electronic storage system.

-=-=-=-=

Let us know about the telephone conversation you will be having with a supervisor at NVC, what you said, what the supervisor said, later [this is a future event, you need to call NVC and make certain the GZO Casefile will be used, not the GUZ casefile]

Finally, log in with the GZO # and IIN - see if you can 'see things' in ceac using the newly issued GZO #. If yes, then 90 percent of the mismatch has been overcome.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Timeline

cool - you have EP casefile conversion done at NVC [this is specific to Guangzhou]

I'll think a bit more about what you need to do, how to do, but remember for a parent's filing, you MUST show a birth certificate that establishes the parent/child relationship, into NVC.

For now, please list the documents you've emailed in (if again, to list, I apologize)

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

This happened to me. I couldn't log in to ceac and I called. They said that I got a new case number which starts with gzo. And with that number and old iin number I could log in again. I emailed everything to nvc. Then I called, they told me to file a birth certificate. IR5. I didn't submit this because I thought I already did this this with USCIS. And then I just emailed that over one month later after the first email just to be sure. Hopefully it won't delay it too much...

Timeline

Hi Darnell,

Here is my documents list:

AOS package:

- I 864EZ

- 2011, 2012,2013 IRS tax transcript (married joint filing)

- My employment letter

- My two recent pay stubs

- my 2013 and 2014 W2

Civil docs:

- Photocopy of my mom's passport biographic data page

- My mom's birth certificate and translation and notarization

- My mom's marriage certificate and translation and notarization

- My mom's police certificate and translation and notarization

Yesterday I emailed my marriage certificate too.

I did not know that I have to send my birth certificate because I thought I already sent it to USCIS and USCIS had already cleared/vertified the mother/daughter relationship. Now i am thinking I should email my birth certifcate and natualization certificate to NVC too? Is it going to delay the process? And do I need to mail the original copy of my birth certificate, natualzation certficate and marriage certificate to my mom so she can bring them to Guangzhou interview later?

Thanks again Darnell. You are an encyclopedia!!

Timeline

And a follow up question: In the future when I send any further documents to NVC, shall i quote the old or the new case number in the email subject? If I quote the new case number, will they be able to find my other docuemnts I emailed earlier with the old case number?

Timeline

This happened to me. I couldn't log in to ceac and I called. They said that I got a new case number which starts with gzo. And with that number and old iin number I could log in again. I emailed everything to nvc. Then I called, they told me to file a birth certificate. IR5. I didn't submit this because I thought I already did this this with USCIS. And then I just emailed that over one month later after the first email just to be sure. Hopefully it won't delay it too much...

What docs did you email NVC?

Timeline

And a follow up question

1. In the future when I send any further documents to NVC, shall i quote the old or the new case number in the email subject?

2. If I quote the new case number, will they be able to find my other docuemnts I emailed earlier with the old case number?

1. New

2. Maybe. Leaning towards yes.

Timeline

Here is my documents list:

AOS package:

- I 864EZ

- 2011, 2012,2013 IRS tax transcript (married joint filing)

- My employment letter

- My two recent pay stubs

- my 2013 and 2014 W2

Civil docs:

- Photocopy of my mom's passport biographic data page

- My mom's birth certificate and translation and notarization

- My mom's marriage certificate and translation and notarization

- My mom's police certificate and translation and notarization

Yesterday I emailed my marriage certificate too.

I did not know that I have to send my birth certificate because I thought I already sent it to USCIS and USCIS had already cleared/vertified the mother/daughter relationship. Now i am thinking I should email my birth certifcate and natualization certificate to NVC too? Is it going to delay the process? And do I need to mail the original copy of my birth certificate, natualzation certficate and marriage certificate to my mom so she can bring them to Guangzhou interview later?

Thanks again Darnell. You are an encyclopedia!!

1. New
2. Maybe. Leaning towards yes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.