Griselita

Inmigrant Visa Approved, but my son is not comming with me now

20 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

My interview date was for March 4th but there was a little issued with a missin paper and it was posponed for MArch 25, yesterday.

Everything went very smooth, the Consul officer was very kind, very professional and make me fell confortable and relaxed all the time.

She didnt take to much in my case, but when she new about my son, she took some time, while asking to their supervisors, collueges and collecting info... but she said that with all the wishes but that she is unable to help me with my son at this moment because its age for the CSPA must have been at that time then 25yo, ad for the moment the application was filled he was 6 months older.

I already knew that but in a note i received by email from the NVC they told me that in those cases where the beneficiary's son is odler by so little time the consul is the final authority to consider if go or no go.

After the Consular officer told me that she inmediatly encourageme that inmediatly i get the residence to start the process for my son and gave me as andvice to tell my son to not get married.

Then my questions are;

how many time it woill take for me once i get my residence, to bring my unmarried son to USA?

thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

7 years or so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The consul may be the final authority, but they have to follow the law. If he aged-out then he aged-out.

It will take approximately 7 years from the time you file until your son's priority date becomes current, and as you said he must remain unmarried.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Hi guys!

My interview date was for March 4th but there was a little issued with a missin paper and it was posponed for MArch 25, yesterday.

Everything went very smooth, the Consul officer was very kind, very professional and make me fell confortable and relaxed all the time.

She didnt take to much in my case, but when she new about my son, she took some time, while asking to their supervisors, collueges and collecting info... but she said that with all the wishes but that she is unable to help me with my son at this moment because its age for the CSPA must have been at that time then 25yo, ad for the moment the application was filled he was 6 months older.

I already knew that but in a note i received by email from the NVC they told me that in those cases where the beneficiary's son is odler by so little time the consul is the final authority to consider if go or no go.

After the Consular officer told me that she inmediatly encourageme that inmediatly i get the residence to start the process for my son and gave me as andvice to tell my son to not get married.

Then my questions are;

how many time it woill take for me once i get my residence, to bring my unmarried son to USA?

thank you

I think that its going to happen to me but i have too much FAITH til tha moment.. Im almost the same category as u Im F2B, have two children that aged out 22 y 24 yo, all my family live in USA here in DR they only have me, and i dnt want to leave without them.

I think that its going to happen to me but i have too much FAITH til tha moment.. Im almost the same category as u Im F2B, have two children that aged out 22 y 24 yo, all my family live in USA here in DR they only have me, and i dnt want to leave without them.

how do you know they aged out? did you do the calc? is no tthe 18 neither the21, the age is a result of a calc which apply for the CSPA

7 years, wow, thats too much i dont know why from son to parents take so little while in the toher way, from parent to son takes that much, there are some things i dont understand, if a resident asking for its children take 7 year why then a citizen asking for unmarried children take the same time which was my case.

i have heard also that if i fille the petition for my son while he stay in the United States it takes less... how is that? and how can he sstay in the United States while in the process?

also i have heard that instead inmediately filling an application for him, me to wait to be about to become citizen then just before citizenship to fill application for him, that once i pass trou case update (i dont know if thats the name, for the transition in this case from residence to citizenship) his case can be "upgraded" and like to be included in the same package of my citizenship and it works like a kind of boost or a push in its priorty date or something like that, i am sorry i cant be more specific but i have heard many ones that wait to become citizen and just before to become citizen they fille the application, and it takes even less that when it becomes citizen.

what can you tell be about this?

The thing i wanted to mention (sorry i coudlnt edit the post) about filling the petition for my son and when i change to citicen that could boost its processing time... the term i have heard is "status adjustment" which i have heard that could expedite a lot the case.

how do you know they aged out? did you do the calc? is no tthe 18 neither the21, the age is a result of a calc which apply for the CSPA

Yes because USCIS just took 6month to approve my petition...

Timeline

If you become a US Citizen then you can change categories, however at the moment there would be no point as it is slower. In the future who knows.

He can visit, or look for another category, a work visa for example or go the marriage route as so many on this forum do.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 years, wow, thats too much i dont know why from son to parents take so little while in the toher way, from parent to son takes that much, there are some things i dont understand, if a resident asking for its children take 7 year why then a citizen asking for unmarried children take the same time which was my case.

i have heard also that if i fille the petition for my son while he stay in the United States it takes less... how is that? and how can he sstay in the United States while in the process?

also i have heard that instead inmediately filling an application for him, me to wait to be about to become citizen then just before citizenship to fill application for him, that once i pass trou case update (i dont know if thats the name, for the transition in this case from residence to citizenship) his case can be "upgraded" and like to be included in the same package of my citizenship and it works like a kind of boost or a push in its priorty date or something like that, i am sorry i cant be more specific but i have heard many ones that wait to become citizen and just before to become citizen they fille the application, and it takes even less that when it becomes citizen.

what can you tell be about this?

You heard wrong. Waiting 5 years to become a USC and then file for your son will only add 5 additional years to the wait time. There also wouldn't be any adjustment of status possible as visa number is not immediately available.

Look, your son is an adult, he'll survive until he comes to the US.

Or, you can remain in your home country with him and don't immigrate to the US - that's an option too.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Yes because USCIS just took 6month to approve my petition...

uhm.. i dont understand your answer.

but make sure by yourself, write CSPA age calculator in google ad verify for your self if your kids can go with you.

i hope the can!

uhm.. i dont understand your answer.

but make sure by yourself, write CSPA age calculator in google ad verify for your self if your kids can go with you.

i hope the can!

I already did... They aged out... But i ll try...

If you become a US Citizen then you can change categories, however at the moment there would be no point as it is slower. In the future who knows.

He can visit, or look for another category, a work visa for example or go the marriage route as so many on this forum do.

yeap.. i was doing the math and it takes longer.... i guess there is a reason why the consular officer very emphatically told me once i enter to USA to initiate the process for my son

He already has tourist visa, a work visa is an alternative i am trying to get for him, and a marriage... i dont know can that be done? i mean he has no GF now, and wuit working to xpedite its studies....

marriage would be a great solution but....

Timeline

Match.com?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

yeap.. i was doing the math and it takes longer.... i guess there is a reason why the consular officer very emphatically told me once i enter to USA to initiate the process for my son

He already has tourist visa, a work visa is an alternative i am trying to get for him, and a marriage... i dont know can that be done? i mean he has no GF now, and wuit working to xpedite its studies....

marriage would be a great solution but....

having him marry a US citizen for the sole purpose of immigration is visa fraud, it's illegal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.