JV4RMGTO

getting everything ready for interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

please someone can tell me what all i need to take with me to n400 interview.

i know appointment letter

and

marriage license.

children's birth certificates.

travel dates

wifeus passport

my green card

passsport Expired

what am i missing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you have some documentation showing your life together, it can help, like bills in both your names, anniversary congrats cars to both of you, a few photos etc.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

yes i have anniversary congratulations cards, and a whole lot of paper work showing n=both of our names, exept tax returns we don't file together, i'm thinking of amending 2013 2012 2011 tax return and file married filling jointly

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

yes i have anniversary congratulations cards, and a whole lot of paper work showing n=both of our names, exept tax returns we don't file together, i'm thinking of amending 2013 2012 2011 tax return and file married filling jointly

Married filing jointly or married filing separately won't affect your application. Just make sure you filed as married.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

we didn't file married she filed single and i file head of household

Then she may be in trouble with the IRS. She should amend her return. I don't know if/how that affects your N400.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

WHAT ABOUT SSS I ENTERED ILLIGAL AT AGE 20 BECAME A LPR IN 2007 I WAS 26 AND 8 MONTHD AND DIDNT REGISTER

1) Press the CAPS Lock button on your keyboard.

2) Since you were in the US illegally between the ages of 18 and 26 (you entered at age 20), then you should have registered for selective service. Check the SS website and search for your name... you may have been registered automatically. If you don't find your name, call them and check. Sometimes the website is not accurate. If you did not register and you are over 31, you won't have any issues with SS registration. If you didn't register and you are under 31, you may have a problem. If you are applying based on marriage you may be ok if you are over 29 now (instead of 31), but this isn't a very clear rule and may depend on your interviewer.

Edited by JimmyHou

Timeline

where do i look for my name? at sss.goc asks to put my social and dob i entered it but nothing came out. it said no records found i didn't know i had to register with sss, now i'm a have to write a letter stating why i dodn't register i am now 34 years old.about documents they have to be most resent or for the past 3 years, like bank account statements do i print out since 2001 until 2015 or just for the last 3 years

Edited by JV4RMGTO

WHAT ABOUT SSS I ENTERED ILLIGAL AT AGE 20 BECAME A LPR IN 2007 I WAS 26 AND 8 MONTHD AND DIDNT REGISTER

When did you go through the waiver process? Didn't the question come up when you adjusted status? You need to tell the full story if you want accurate information.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.