LibCampFireClub

****BREAKING****Bowe Bergdahl to be Charged as Deserter

138 posts in this topic

I am not disputing the fact that it is punishable by death Mr. Military, I don't agree with killing people for it.

Oh I know, just ribbing you since I'm out of reach:) Don't make me call you at work while I'm at the pool :devil:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

When it comes to 'hook and line', well, if you're gonna swallow, you may as well swallow the sinker right along with the rest of the story.

SUSAN RICE FLASHBACK: BERGDAHL SERVED ‘WITH HONOR AND DISTINCTION’
National Security Advisor Susan Rice defended the prisoner swap for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl on the June 1, 2014 brodcast of ABC’s “This Week” by saying Bergdahl “served the United States with honor and distinction.”
Regarding the desertion allegations, she said Bergdahl, “served the United States with honor and distinction. And we’ll have the opportunity eventually to learn what has transpired in the past years.”
Rice also said that “assurances relating to the movement, the activities, the monitoring of those detainees [released in exchange for Bergdahl] give us confidence that they cannot and, in all likelihood, will not pose a significant risk to the United States. And that it is in our national interests that this transfer had been made.”

he was not a chicken. He deserted to join the enemy. Plain and simple. He should be hanged or shot. I am ok with either

And you have this proof?

Oh I know, just ribbing you since I'm out of reach:) Don't make me call you at work while I'm at the pool :devil:

Ribbing me? As in, you are eating me like a rib bone? :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

All the signs of someone who never served...

Oh look, we have a self-proclaimed military spokesperson here who knows in depth how all of our armed forces think and feel. Every last one of them. And he doesn't even realize just how ridiculous that makes him look. Which begs the question: Is ridiculing oneself compliant with the UCMJ?

C'mon val, you know better. They must not be real military.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Statistically the split is 70% Mooslim / 30% black. You're always safe going Mooslim...

I'm thinkin you're on to something there. Either that or the Mooslim connection. When in doubt I always go Mooslim.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Fish_YouHaveBeenServed.jpg

http://www.army.mil/article/73367/Social_media_misuse_punishable_under_UCMJ/

Commenting, posting or linking to material that violates the UCMJ or basic rules of Soldier conduct is prohibited," said Staff Sgt. Dale Sweetnam of the Online and Social Media Division, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs. "Talking negatively about supervisors or releasing sensitive information is punishable under the UCMJ. It's never appropriate to be disrespectful of superior officers or NCOs (noncommissioned officers), no matter if you're in the company area or posting to Facebook at your desk at home."

Looks like you've been out too long and forgotten the very rules you swore to uphold. You want to dictate punishment others, but constantly disrespect the Commander in Chief.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

And you have this proof?

Ribbing me? As in, you are eating me like a rib bone? :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm so broke here, this is going to be me until I start working.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Details, schmeetails. It's lib broccoli.

Flashback: State Department Spokeswoman Refuses to Apologize to Bowe Bergdahl's Platoon
12.png
When Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was released in a swap for five Taliban prisoners three weeks ago and celebrated by the White House as a hero, his fellow Army platoon leaders came forward with details about how he was "captured" as a prisoner. Bergdahl was accused of being a deserter who violated his oath and left on his own accord by the men who served with him. At the time of their statements, State Department Deputy Press Secretary Marie Harf was asked during a press conference about the knowledge the platoon members had surrounding Bergdahl's alleged desertion. She dismissed their statements as non-credible and the men were framed by the administration as liars. Obama White House allies went so far as to call the platoon members "psychopaths."
Last night Harf made an appearance on The Kelly File to talk about the ongoing crisis in Iraq but near the end of the interview, Megyn Kelly asked if she wanted to apologize to the platoon members, who took offense to her classification. Harf refused to apologize. The relevant portion of the video starts at the 9:45 mark.

But those aren't real rules, I'm sure. They're more like guidelines, right?

It's real for the folks who've broken them and got caught. I think there was a marine who was blasting Obama on FB and got caught.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/25/marine-corps-discharges-sergeant-who-posted-facebook-posts-critical-obama/

I know you're just being funny, but it's a shame to see folks who talk about love for the country and it's military but disrespect the Commander in Chief of said country and military. That line about the President earning the respect is completely bull. First rule, you respect the rank/position, not the person. Everyone who serves/had served knows this. I've had bosses that folks would run over with their cars, but they'd never let you know it. That's the way it's supposed to be done.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Such sweet treatment from the 0bama administration toward the BRAVE men and women of our nation's military. They embrace the deserter, and bash his comrades.

White House aides accuse former Bergdahl comrades of 'swift-boating' him as State Department spokeswoman trashes their account of sergeant's disappearance

article-2648706-1E77A1DD00000578-812_634
  • Obama administration officials told an NBC correspondent that Bergdahl's platoon-mates were 'swift-boating' him
  • The line refers to 2004 presidential campaign attack ads in which Secretary of State John Kerry's onetime naval shipmates complained that he had embellished his record of service
  • A State Department spokeswoman said Tuesday that she doubted stories from Bergdahl's comrades about his disappearance, saying that conflicting reports were swirling everywhere
  • 'Go Google it on the web,' she told journalists at a daily briefing
  • Nearly a dozen members of Bergdahl's platoon have now accused him of deserting them, creating a scenario that the White House didn't anticipate
The Obama administration has turned on the former Army comrades of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, managing the aftermath of his release in part by trashing their accounts of his disappearance in Afghanistan nearly five years ago.
'I've had a few aides describe it to me as "we didn't know that they were going to swift-boat Bergdahl",' NBC News Chief White House Correspondent Chuck Todd told Today show host Matt Lauer on Wednesday.
Asked later on Twitter if the Obama administration officials used those exact words – 'swift-boat' – Todd tweeted: 'I didn't make it up.'
Edited by xxClosedxx

Instead of a visit to the White House Rose Garden, deserter Bergdahl's platoon members, got the snubbed with the dirty end of the prez's stick.

Report: White House Aides Accusing Bergdahl’s Unit Comrades Of ‘Swift Boating’ Him
bergdahl1-e1401877205557.jpg?w=620&h=349
WASHINGTON (CBSDC/AP) — White House aides are accusing soldiers who served with Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl are “swift boating” him following his release over the weekend after five years in captivity.
NBC News’ Chuck Todd reported Monday that the White House did not expect this sort of vitriolic backlash exchanging five high-level Taliban members held at Guantanamo Bay for Bergdahl, who left his Army post in 2009 in Afghanistan and was subsequently taken captive.
“They did not expect this backlash on Bergdahl himself,” Todd reported on NBC’s “Today.” I’ve had a few aides describe it to me as we didn’t know that they were going to ‘swift boat’ Bergdahl. And that’s a reference to that political fight back in 2004 over John Kerry’s military service.”
Bergdahl disappeared on June 30, 2009. A Pentagon investigation concluded in 2010 that the evidence was “incontrovertible” that he walked away from his unit, said a former Pentagon official who has read it.
The military investigation was broader than a criminal inquiry, this official said, and it didn’t formally accuse Bergdahl of desertion. In interviews as part of the probe, members of his unit portrayed him as a naive, “delusional” person who thought he could help the Afghan people by leaving his Army post, said the official, who was present for the interviews.
Reports have surfaced that at least six U.S. soldiers were killed while searching for Bergdahl.
Matt Vierkant, 27, of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, was a team leader of another squad in Bergdahl’s platoon and said soldiers from his unit and other units were wounded or killed on missions to chase down leads related to Bergdahl.
Asked about the statement Sunday by National Security Adviser Susan Rice that Bergdahl served “with honor and distinction,” he said: “That statement couldn’t be further from the truth. I don’t know if she was misinformed or doesn’t know about the investigations and everything else, or what.”
He said Bergdahl’s fellow soldiers knew within five or 10 minutes from the discovery of disappearance that he had walked away. In retrospect the signs were there, he said, but there was nothing so definitive that would have prompted action.
“He said some strange things, like, ‘I could get lost in those mountains,’ which, at the time, that doesn’t really strike you as someone who is going to leave their weapon and walk out.”
Vierkant said he believes it’s paramount that an investigation determine whether Bergdahl deserted or collaborated with the enemy.
“It shouldn’t even be a question of whether, it should question of when,” he said.
Republicans in Congress criticized the agreement and complained about not having been consulted, citing a law that requires Congress to be given 30 days’ notice before a prisoner is released from Guantanamo.
Republicans on the House Armed Services Committee said the Pentagon notified the panel by phone on Saturday that the exchange was occurring in the next five hours.
“A phone call does not meet the legal standard of congressional notification,” the Republican members said in a statement and added that official notice of the move came Monday, “more than 72 hours after the detainees were released.”
Republicans also argued that the swap could set a dangerous precedent.
“The five terrorists released were the hardest of the hard-core,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican. “I fear President Obama’s decision will inevitably lead to more Americans being kidnapped and held hostage throughout the world.”
Larry Sabato, director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia, told CBSDC that the administration tried to sell this “great story” of praising Bergdahl as a hero.
“It didn’t take long for this PR push to falter. His fellow soldiers describe Bergdahl as a deserter, and they are bitter that American lives were lost trying to find and rescue him,” Sabato explained to CBSDC. “And then there’s the prisoner swap. Those five senior terrorists caused a lot of people’s stomachs to turn and temperatures to rise. Quite a price to pay for a soldier who may be a deserter, if reports are true.”
During a news conference in Poland Tuesday, Obama defended his decision of swapping the Taliban prisoners for Bergdahl, saying they were worried about his health after spending the past five years in captivity.
“Regardless of the circumstances, whatever those circumstances may turn out to be, we still get an American soldier back if he’s held in captivity,” Obama said. “We don’t condition that.”
Despite what some lawmakers are saying that they were being kept in the dark, Obama stated that the White House had been consulting with Congress “for some time” about the proposed deal.
“We seized that opportunity,” Obama said.
Obama also noted that it is entirely possible that the released detainees, who are mandated to stay in Qatar under the agreement for the next year, could return to terrorism.
“We will be keeping eyes on them,” Obama said. “We have confidence that we will be in a position to go after them if in fact they are engaging in activities that threaten our defenses.”

(VIDEO) Obama Administration attacks Bergdahl Platoonmates as “Political” And “Psychopaths” — See How They React
bergdahl-platoon-fox-620x350.jpg
After the White House attacked their motives for opposing the trade to free 5 Taliban leaders in exchange for Sgt Bowe Bergdahl, members of Bergdahl’s Army platoon responded.
Reacting to a story by Fox’s James Rosen that prisoner of the Taliban Sgt Bowe Bergdahl may have been on friendly terms with the Taliban, Bergdahl’s former platoonmates told Fox’s Megyn Kelly that they are not ready to say he was actively helping the Taliban. The former soldiers also rejected charges that they had political motives.
Poltically Swiftboating Psychopaths, says the White House
“What do you make of these reports now,” asks Kelly in the video, “that some White House aides are saying you guys are Swiftboaters? And even the President and his top aides are saying now that anybody who is complaining about this, they’re being political, that this is a political thing.”
“We’ve made it completely clear, and this is the most we’ve ever talked about it,” said Evan Buetow, Bergdahl’s former team leader. “This is not about politics. This is about the fact that Bergdahl walked away from us, went to try to find the Taliban, and we know that for a fact. There is not one person you could find who would say they don’t believe that, at least who was there. It’s as clear as day. He’s not a hero. He did not serve with distinction. And that’s a spit in the face to everyone who joined the Army, and anyone who died looking for him. What do you think their families think? They don’t get their loved one back, like Bergdahl’s family did.”
In War, Everyone Is An American
“Are you guys Republicans, Democrats, are you political people?”
“When you’re in a combat zone,” said Cody Full, Bergdahl’s former roommate, “it doesn’t matter if you’re left, right, independent, Jedi, whatever you want to be, OK? The only thing that matters is you have an American flag on your shoulder, and he’s my brother, he’s my brother, he’s my brother — we’re all going to ride together, we’re all going to die together. He, I guess, for whatever reason … I don’t know how he felt about us, but we would all die for him, and he left.”
“I considered him a really good friend,” said Gerald Sutton, another member of the platoon, “and it maybe hit me harder than some of the other guys, but it hit us all hard, because he was one of ours.”