Just_Me00

RFE for Medical After Notice For Potential Interview Waiver

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone. We just received an RFE regarding an expired medical after waiting over a year for my husband's AOS. The notice we received is unclear if USCIS wants a full medical or just the vaccination. At the top of the notice, it says to submit a completed medical but at the bottom under "Other" they stated that we are only required to submit pages 1 and 5 of form I-693. Can someone please look at both the attached images and help me figure out if he has to redo the entire medical or just get the vaccinations transcribed? Thanks!

post-143390-0-45630800-1427295735_thumb.gif

post-143390-0-68542500-1427295764_thumb.gif

Good news, they have started adjusting your AOS application. Have vaccination transcribed and you are good to go. Submit it ASAP and your AOS will be adjusted right after. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

NancyNguyen, thank you so much for your help! So is it accurate to say that he doesn't need to redo the entire medical? I just want to be absolutely sure before sending anything back to USCIS.

Yes, do it NOW. Sounds like your AOS examiner are reasonable and thoughtful enough to let you do vaccine transcription only. They always ask to do I-693 all over again if your medical report expires more than a year.

Edited by NancyNguyen

N400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, just the vaccinations transcription. Call around to find a civil surgeon that won't insist on a new medical. Show them the RFE if you have to in order to prove to them that the USCIS does not need the full medical from you since you are adjusting from a K-1.

This is good to see. I hope others will given these instructions when adjusting from a K-1. This is how it should be.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Am a 2014 AOS March Filer. Had interview waiver in June, 2014. After almost a year, USCIS sent me an RFE for medicals, vaccination supplement in Feb 2015. I had it done in a week and sent it to them in Guam. Just after 2 weeks I received my Welcome to America letter and my GC is on the way coming.

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks again everyone for your help. I have a copy of my husband's vaccination work sheet from his medical that was done in Egypt. I want to know if there are any missing vaccines before going to the civil surgeon. I have a feeling it wasn't filled out correctly by the civil surgeon in Egypt. This is what is stated on the vaccine sheet since for some reason I can't attach it.

DT DTP DTAP (no checks) = Not age approproate

TD (checked) = Date Received 09-30-2012

Polio-OPV IPV (no checks) = Not age appropriate

MMR (checked) = Date Received 9-30-2012

Rotavirus = Not age appropriate

Hib = Not age appropriate

Hepatitis A = Not age appropriate

Hepatitis B = Not Routinely Available

Meningococcal = Date Received 09-30-2012

Varciella = Not age appropriate

Pneumococcal = Not age appropriate

Influenza = Not Fall (Flu) Season

At the bottom the civil surgeon checked off Vaccine History incomplete - Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) because vaccination(s) not medically appropriate. Does anyone know if he will be required to receive additional vaccinations?

Varciella = Not age appropriate. It is "VH" if he had chickenpox when he was young. If he didn't have it, he will need vaccine.

N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.