preguntas

Reschedule Interview - DV

15 posts in this topic

Timeline

I am not sure how to properly reschedule my DV interview (Montreal).

Some people said they sent an email to the Montreal Consulate montreal-iv-dv@state.gov

Others mentioned apparently did it here on this website: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

How should I do it properly?

I need to postpone my interview at least 2 months because of missing documents.

When you try to reschedule, do they give you options on possible dates or is it only one proposed date (take it or leave it)?

Thank you in advance,

Filed: Other Timeline

I would recommend going for the interview minus the missing docs, that way you are put on AP, giving you time to chase up the missing docs.

Rescheduling could be dicey and no guarantee they will give you the 2 month leeway you want.

Don't risk it, is my advice.

I agree with biggie. They are way oversubscribed for DV this year and there is no guarantee you will get a replacement interview if you try to postpone your scheduled one. Go to the interview and send the missing docs later when you get them.

Timeline

I would recommend going for the interview minus the missing docs, that way you are put on AP, giving you time to chase up the missing docs.

Rescheduling could be dicey and no guarantee they will give you the 2 month leeway you want.

Don't risk it, is my advice.

Thanks a lot for the advice!

My worry is that they might keep my passport, which I would need in order to go get the missing documents.

Do they usually keep the passports?

Thanks!

Timeline

If you need the passport for the documents just tell them that ...

Thanks a lot for the advice. I will indicate that.

So basically, if I understand well, it is better to get the process started and then bring additional documents later on, than to do reschedule the interview.

>>that way you are put on AP

Sorry, but I am not sure what AP is.

Regards,

Thanks a lot for the advice. I will indicate that.

So basically, if I understand well, it is better to get the process started and then bring additional documents later on, than to do reschedule the interview.

>>that way you are put on AP

Sorry, but I am not sure what AP is.

Regards,

Administrative processing. It just means they have interviewed you but need more info for something before they issue a visa. Could be background checks or missing documents or other stuff.

In the meanwhile I hope you are trying to get your docs as fast as you can anyway. Most countries do not take 2 months to issue documents (yes I know some do and I guess you are unlucky in one of those) but you obviously are still some time away from your interview.

Filed: Timeline

Just want to double check with you regarding the interview reschedule. Is it a normal practice that once we have called the embassy to postpone or to reschedule the interview date they have offered us to have an interview a couple of weeks later (which suits us), so they confirmed the new time and date only by the phone. We did not receive any separate email or confirmation with rescheduled date from them. The only proof we have about the rescheduled date is just a phone call (which I assume was recorded).

I don't want to mention the exact embassy due to privacy and security reasons, it just makes us a bit worried. We do not want to call embassy multiply times with such questions so just wanted to know if rescheduling methods can be different due to different embassy's. The reason we are worried is mostly that even on this forum we found out stories where people rescheduled their date and received the confirmation and sometimes they were asked to show the confirmed interview time and date to the embassy security to get inside.

:rolleyes:

Well, you probably won't get a proper response unless you mention the embassy, as this is one thing they all seem to do differently. I would think you are fine however.

By the way - not all embassies reschedule or do so as easily you seem to have done so it could actually be useful for other posters to know that it can be done at this embassy. So if you do post which embassy that could be useful to others. (Being that the spririt is you get help and then also try to help others here ;) )

USA embassy in Lithuania. They seemed to be quit busy, but there was no problem to postpone the interview. They asked if we could have the interview during the same month just not to mess up their system. They issued an interview date the next week. So we said yes. I hope it helps the others. I believe USA embassies in smaller countries with less population and visa numbers are a bit more open and easier regarding rescheduling and etc.

Edited by vyttux

That is very helpful - thanks.

It also benefits you as having it in the same month means you keep your visa number - or you would lose it and have to get a new one allocated - probably not too risky at this stage but we are aware of people who would have been interviewing late last fiscal year who lost out as they could not get reallocated a new visa number.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not want to create a new topic, but I have an urgent question:

We have rescheduled our interview. We did our medical exams and were preparing final documents for the interview. Suddenly I've found an error in my DS-260 form where my the birth year in my DS-260 is incorrect. In my wifes DS-260 form my date of birth is correct. KCC did not notice this mistake. Do we need to be warried about this? Because we dont have any time left to make any changes. Should we point this issue out during the interview to the consular? Please advice if this mistake could cause us any problems? Thank you in advance for the answers!!

Edited by vyttux

I did not want to create a new topic, but I have an urgent question:

We have rescheduled our interview. We did our medical exams and were preparing final documents for the interview. Suddenly I've found an error in my DS-260 form where my the birth year in my DS-260 is incorrect. In my wifes DS-260 form my date of birth is correct. KCC did not notice this mistake. Do we need to be warried about this? Because we dont have any time left to make any changes. Should we point this issue out during the interview to the consular? Please advice if this mistake could cause us any problems? Thank you in advance for the answers!!

Of course you need to point the mistake out. The details in the original entry are correct I hope?

By the way KCC probably did "notice" it, but it's not their job to point out discrepancies to applicants. The CO will take that role.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.