ACINLOVE

AOS pending from B1 visa - Advance parole safe???

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

A friend of mine married his girlfriend while on a B1 Visa (valid until 2023).

They are adjusting status and received action of notice and work permit.

He will need to leave the country for 3 weeks before the interview/green card arrives.

Can he safely leave with the Advance Parole document I-131 or not? Will he be allowed back in the US since he is adjusting from B1 and didn't chose the K1 or K3 process?

Thanks,

AC

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well to me i will advise him to stay and finish the process, no one knows what might happen once he is out of US

Married 10/11/2014

AOS Application

02/05/2015 - AOS packet sent via Express mail (I-130, I-485, I-765)

02/06/2015(day ?) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
02/11/2015 (day ?) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails.
02/11/2015(day ? ) - Checks cashed
02/17/2015 (day ?) - Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-130, I-765)
02/23/2015 (day ?) - NOA for Biometrics appointment by mail. Date for 03/04/2015

02/25/2015(day ?) - Successful walk-in Biometrics
03/04/2015 (day ?) - Biometrics appointment (Original)
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card production ordered

??/??/???? (day ?) - EAD/AP card mailed

04/21/2015 (day ?) - EAD/AP card received
??/??/???? (day ?) - I-485 status showing the interview date updated -
??/??/???? (day ?) - Received NOA about the interview appointment

4/22/2015 (day ?) - Interview

10/06/2015 (day ?) - I-485 Approved

10/10/2015 (day ?) - Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Lots of people have traveled with Advance Parole I-131 card or emergency Advance Parole with no problems of course second inspection but no more than that.

Please check this forum:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/115-working-traveling-during-us-immigration/

---------------------------------- AOS ---------------------------------------------------------

February 28, 2015: AOS Packet Sent via FedEX to Chicago Lockbox: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131.

DAY 19 - March 21, 2015: NOA for Biometrics Appointment scheduled on 04/01/2015

DAY 77 - May 19, 2015: EAD and AP has been approved "We ordered your new card"

DAY 84 - May 26, 2015: We mailed your EAD to the address you gave us/USPS picked up the Card

DAY 85 - May 27, 2015: Interview Scheduled for June 29, 2015.

** May 29: Traveled with my AP back to my country and came back three weeks after with no problems Click here to ready the report **

DAY 117 - June 29, 2015: Had our interview. Approved on the spot.

DAY 124 - July 6, 2015: Welcome noticed received.

DAY 134 - July 16, 2015: Green Card delivered to my home by USPS - END OF AOS -

---------------------------------- ROC ---------------------------------------------------------

DAY 1 - April 7, 2017: Sent I-751 to CSC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, you can use AP to re-enter the US when traveling abroad while waiting for your green card approval. That is the purpose of AP, and the reason you applied for it.

There is no guarantee of entry with any visa, AP you are granted or even a green card. Only US citizens have the right to enter the US. That being said, many people travel using AP to re-enter without any issues.

~ Duplicate topic in another forum removed ~

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.