FHL

Getting ready to send in I-129F, Your input please!

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

For evidence of having met, I only sent 3 photos, photocopies of the Venezuelan visa entry/exit stamps in my passport, and photocopies of my boarding pass from MIA to CCS. Our petition was approved with no RFE.

Sounds like overkill! My fiancé and I sent in our plane ticket itineraries (5 trips in total) and one photo of us together from each trip (5 photos) along with a letter of intent to marry from each of us, and the engagement ring receipt, and we were approved no problem!

Thanks for your input T0m and JMB0!

We will be sending email confirmations and bank statements showing that we actually visited each other then. I'll send pics of those trips along with that. we dont have boarding passes or passport stamps because they were all domestic flights.

Filed: Timeline

Dear VJ Members,

My girlfriend and I met in 2012 when I was in MN as an international student from Venezuela. I completed a post completion OPT and worked with an EAD in CA and during this time, my employer decided to send an H1B visa petition. Unfortunately, it was not selected and therefore, I had to move back to Venezuela. Her parents want her to finish college before getting married, so that's why I ended up coming back home. Despite the long distance, we are still together. She is in her senior year now and we are getting ready to send our packet to the Dallas Lockbox soon.

We decided to do this without a lawyer since it seems that our case is pretty simple: no kids, never been married, and have plenty of pics.

We've been following the K1 guide provided here and it's been very helpful, but we still have some questions:

• For evidence, we collected about 40 pictures and we used shutterfly.com to add captions on the back of it with our names, location of the pic (just city and state), month and year taken, and a short description (an event, place, etc.) Shutterfly prints it in photo paper and prints that info in the back of it for you. The question is: Are we sending too many pictures?

I read that this is considered secondary evidence, but we have pics corroborating how we met, trips, anniversaries, my graduation pics. We also have flight confirmation emails (we visited each other 5 times in one yr while I was in CA), a confirmation email of a bus ticket showing both of us as passengers. We are sending these as well. I am also putting together a doc with screenshots of our skype call history since I moved back to be sent as evidence. Are any of these considered primary evidence?

• Before I left the US, we signed a power of attorney doc that was notorized. Can this also be sent as evidence?
  • This might be a dumb question (and I think I know the answer), but for the beneficiary letter of intent (me) and G325-A, do I have to sign in ink or can it be a digital signature or can it be just typed? if it's ink, I'll have to sign them and mail them to the US which takes about 5 days. Just trying to be smart with the timing here, that's all.
  • The format of the addresses in Venezuela are different from the US, so my address doesn't fit in the field in the I-129F. We entered an abbreviated form of the address. We omitted the street and just wrote the name of the residential complex where I live. Can I write "see attachment" and attach a sheet with my address instead? Could this be a potential processing problem since I am using my full address in the letters of intent?

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to be as specific as possible with our situation. Your comments will be much appreciated! I cant wait to create timeline and see it change.

Felix

HOW DID YOU DO THAT? where should i go in the website for this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We sent two photographs (one from each meeting during last two years).

Also my boarding passes from both trips, credit card overview from the first visit that at least proved I was in his hometown.

No facebook printouts, no chat logs, ... when I read these forums I am surprised there was no RFE.

But really, at I-129f stage they only want to know you have met. Ongoing relationship comes at the interview.

Timeline

Ce2010,

First upload the pics to shutterfly. then, you have to select the pics you want to add the info on. Go to the drop down menu on "edit" and select "edit picture caption"

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

mucha suerte! para el paquete envia todo lo que puedas, creo que ellos toman mas en cuenta variedad que cantidad. es preferible que envie quizas poco pero mayor variedad.

Ahorita en las evidencias lo importante es demostrar que se conocen en persona. Yo guardaria la artilleria pesada para la entrevista que es donde mas pruebas te piden. Si decides igual enviar una buena cantidad de pruebas, haz copias para que puedas llevarlas a la entrevista.

Yo tambien fui beneficiaria de k1 (i-129) en el 2012, de hecho en 2 dias se cumplen 3 anos de que me aprobaron mi visa. Ahorita estoy en la antepenultima parte que es el ROC (remover las conditiones de la green card) y en 9 meses me toca aplicar por ciudadania.

Si quieres puedes pasar por mi perfil si tienes dudas, te puedo comentar un poco como es el proceso y como es la experiencia en la embajada.

saludos

Andrea

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

mucha suerte! para el paquete envia todo lo que puedas, creo que ellos toman mas en cuenta variedad que cantidad. es preferible que envie quizas poco pero mayor variedad.

Ahorita en las evidencias lo importante es demostrar que se conocen en persona. Yo guardaria la artilleria pesada para la entrevista que es donde mas pruebas te piden. Si decides igual enviar una buena cantidad de pruebas, haz copias para que puedas llevarlas a la entrevista.

Yo tambien fui beneficiaria de k1 (i-129) en el 2012, de hecho en 2 dias se cumplen 3 anos de que me aprobaron mi visa. Ahorita estoy en la antepenultima parte que es el ROC (remover las conditiones de la green card) y en 9 meses me toca aplicar por ciudadania.

Si quieres puedes pasar por mi perfil si tienes dudas, te puedo comentar un poco como es el proceso y como es la experiencia en la embajada.

saludos

Andrea

This thread is in the upper K-1 forum, where it is English only. Please provide a translation, or post in English only unless in the regional forums.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I sent 5 photos as stated in the guide, and had no RFE's or any other problems from USCIS:

From the Guide:

"2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a local photo store such as Walgreens (if at all possible) or if not on a high quality printer. Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back."

I think the RFE after sending 200+ photos was done sarcastically.

..and of course I send the visa stamps, hotel receipts, etc.

Edited by coniefl

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Bolivia

I-129F Sent : 2014-08-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-02-20

I-129F NOA2 hard copy recieved: 2015-03-02

USCIS to NVC: 2015-03-02

NVC Received : 2015-03-10

NVC Left : 2015-03-31

Consulate Received : 2015-04-06

Packet 4 Received : 2015-04-09

Interview Date : 2015-04-30

2nd Interview Date : 2015-05-04

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 190 days from your NOA1 date.[/b][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Packet sent! Receipt number given and NOA1 on its way!

Quick question though; when checking the case status, it says "please follow the instructions in the notice." Does that mean we got an RFE?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!!

Case Was Received

On April 15, 2015, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number *******, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 15, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Packet sent! Receipt number given and NOA1 on its way!

Quick question though; when checking the case status, it says "please follow the instructions in the notice." Does that mean we got an RFE?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!!

Case Was Received

On April 15, 2015, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number *******, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by May 15, 2015, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

No, not an RFE. This is your electronic NOA1 notice. This just means you will receive a letter in the mail (NOA1 hardcopy) which will give you your case number and any further information. After that it's just a waiting game.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.