RobertAtlantaUSA

DCF Bangkok; cost on interview day?

5 posts in this topic

My wifes interview is coming up in Bangkok. Just wondering what she will have to pay on the day of interview. I think I paid $420 when I filed I-130 DCF. Thanks!

July 2013 Met online

Sept 2013 Met in person

Nov 2014 Engaged

Jan 23, 2015 Married

Jan 27, 2015 Filed I-130 DCF in Bangkok

Feb 18, 2015 I-130 Approved

March 2, 2015 Sent Packet 3 docs US Priority Express Mail

March 10, 2015 Packet 3 arrived US Embassy Bangkok

March 12, 2015 Received packet 4 email

March 25, 2015 Interview

March 25, 2015 Approved

March 26, 2015 Issued

March 27, 2015 Visa in hand

event.png

According to this:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/immediate-relative.html#7

and this:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html#permanent

The Visa Fee for an immediate relative is US$325.

Not sure how the process works for DCF-Bangkok, but for DCF-Manila, we pay to the Embassy Cashier on the day of the interview. So you might want to ask around how it works for DCF-Bangkok, especially what it says in the Packet 3/Packet 4/Interview Instructions for you case and for Bangkok.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Thanks Manilaraf. Yes I think its $325, I just read your links.

July 2013 Met online

Sept 2013 Met in person

Nov 2014 Engaged

Jan 23, 2015 Married

Jan 27, 2015 Filed I-130 DCF in Bangkok

Feb 18, 2015 I-130 Approved

March 2, 2015 Sent Packet 3 docs US Priority Express Mail

March 10, 2015 Packet 3 arrived US Embassy Bangkok

March 12, 2015 Received packet 4 email

March 25, 2015 Interview

March 25, 2015 Approved

March 26, 2015 Issued

March 27, 2015 Visa in hand

event.png

No problem, good luck on the interview!

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

• 1 month later...

My wifes interview is coming up in Bangkok. Just wondering what she will have to pay on the day of interview. I think I paid $420 when I filed I-130 DCF. Thanks!

Hi Robert,

I am in Thailand and filed for CR1 also via DCF in Bkk also and have a couple questions for you if you don't mind.

I just received my packet 3 letter yesterday.

When you sent all of the required docs to the immigration unit, did you send all of the same docs again if you sent them to the USCIS office across the street when you filed the I-130? Docs such as marriage cert, name change cert, former divorces, all of the proof of domicile stuff and so forth. I had a couple divorces in USA so my paperwork is a mile thick and I already supplied that stuff. Since they say, "we forwarded your file to the visa unit", doesn't the file already have that stuff in it?

What did you do? Did you duplicate it all again?

And your wife simply paid at the embassy on the day of interview, correct?

When you went to get the Police letter, did your wife need the original house book with her? Or only a copy? Mine only has copy with her because her mom doesn't want it down here. I can get it sent down, but was just wandering if you had that. We want to go to police place on Tuesday and then I want to mail everything.

Which hospital did you choose for the medical check and how long did it take and how much for everything?

Thanks in advance and congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.