gyanghlubmaivyai

how do I pay for ds-160 and more

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Anyone got information on how I can pay the ds-160 online and what my fiancee need to prepare next. I called the NVC and they told me they received and sent my form to her country us embassy on March 17. She doesn't even have an address. Is there anyway she can go and get the packet at the us embassy in her country. Or what I need to prepare her for?,and must I have to print the ds-160 with wet signature or just as long as she got a copy? anything helps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Anyone got information on how I can pay the ds-160 online and what my fiancee need to prepare next. I called the NVC and they told me they received and sent my form to her country us embassy on March 17. She doesn't even have an address. Is there anyway she can go and get the packet at the us embassy in her country. Or what I need to prepare her for?,and must I have to print the ds-160 with wet signature or just as long as she got a copy? anything helps.

1. You don't pay online for the DS-160. It's free. Your fiancee will have to pay the visa fee ($265). She will either have to do it at a bank or pay at the embassy the day of her interview. I don't know which one it is for Laos.

2. The embassy will most likely e-mail you and ask for her e-mail address so they can e-mail her packet 3. In other words, it won't be sent via regular mail.

3. It is only a digital signature for the DS-160. She will have to have a copy of the confirmation page with the bar code on it.

4. Packet 3 will basically tell you (and her) what you need to prepare. It will include the I-134 and supporting documents, med documents (she'll need to get a medical exam by an approved clinic), photos, and proof of your ongoing relationship.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

1. You don't pay online for the DS-160. It's free. Your fiancee will have to pay the visa fee ($265). She will either have to do it at a bank or pay at the embassy the day of her interview. I don't know which one it is for Laos.

2. The embassy will most likely e-mail you and ask for her e-mail address so they can e-mail her packet 3. In other words, it won't be sent via regular mail.

3. It is only a digital signature for the DS-160. She will have to have a copy of the confirmation page with the bar code on it.

4. Packet 3 will basically tell you (and her) what you need to prepare. It will include the I-134 and supporting documents, med documents (she'll need to get a medical exam by an approved clinic), photos, and proof of your ongoing relationship.

It could be different per your country.

For China, my fiancee and I filled out the DS-160 online,

and if I recall correctly, she had to print the confirmation page at the end

with the bar code and her picture and took it to assigned bank (CITIC) to pay the fee.

That said, I've seen folks pay directly on online in other countries.

Also, packet 3 was expressed mailed to her home address,

which is what triggered the DS-160 application and she had to send back

the response (which I believe was the DS-160 confirmation).

And about 3 weeks later, they emailed her the packet 4.

How is that she doesn't even have an address???

She lives somewhere with address doesn't she?

How did you explain the lack of address on G-325A form?

You might want to call the local consulate office and see if they can email

her vs. sending her a postal mail.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

If you know Laos which i'm sure you do...the embassy will probably not reach out to her.

If you haven't already email the embassy (reference your case number or NOA2) and ask what are the next steps for your fiance. You can also attached your NOA2 if desired. They will probably reply back saying they got your case file and your fiance can go to the embassy and recieve the instructions packet. Have your fiance print their reply and bring it with her incase they want proof. she should also bring her ID.

here's the link to the instructions she'll most likely get along with medical forms.

http://photos.state....Eng-10-2013.pdf

Also paying for the visa fee has changed within the last year or so, so use the link below on paying for the visa fee.

http://www.ustraveld...160complete.asp

She has an address, they just don't use it for mailing purposes. Have her ask the people in charge of her village/city/province. If she truly does not have an address you will probably need to use her PO BOX. BTW...this is for when you're filling out the DS-160 and other forms which ask for her address.

Timeline

Yeah but do she fill out the ds-160 or me cause I'm confuse on that part. Meaning do I fill it out then let her sign it or do I have to sign it. she does have a po box which is the only way they can access to mail, and yes she lives in a village with address but no mailing. And do I have to send her the money to pay for it or she has to use her own money . So once she print it out do she just go to the embassy and set an interview or do she call for one which is best and easy for someone doesn't speak English that well. but for now which part I do need to tell her what to do go to the embassy and get packet 2 first then fill out ds-160 or just go ahead and fill it out then go get packet 3.

Edited by gyanghlubmaivyai

you can fill it out and "sign" it on her behalf. This has been approved by the embassy (at least when my friend asked), but if you want her to sign it then fill everything out and just have her send it to get the confirmation number/page. there is a place on the DS-160 where it will ask who filled out the form you can say you did. She only needs to print the confirmation page. The ds-160 is easy to fill out but it does take some time. You can start the ds-160 once she has everything needed from the list. you don't have to submit right away, you can submit when she's ready.

she needs to use that address not the PO BOX. it doesn't matter they will not send her anything. She will be doing everything at the embassy.

she pays the ds-160 per the instructions on the link. where the money comes from it does not matter, If you send her money or if she has her own funds.

when she goes to the embassy to get her instructions she can ask all that is needed. she needs to be pro active. After she has gather all that is needed from the instructions package, she will need to return to the embassy. This is when she can ask for an interview date but be sure the ds-160 is sent first.

Right now after you get a reply from the embassy if you emailed them, have her print out the email then go to the embassy and tell them she is here for the next step in the K-1 process.

Sorry i don't go by packets (2,3 etc)...since Laos does not send packages...at least from my experience and others that i know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

what i remember from ours was that they called my husband's (then fiance) cell phone to come pick up paperwork at US embassy in vientiane. he then filled out whatever paperwork they gave him, did his health check up, and turned everything back in to the US embassy. i forgot if there was a payment but i think there was. i western union the money to him and he paid it then. altho i've heard of people doing the paperwork online then sending it to fiance/fiancee then they turn it in to embassy. usually tho wait for embassy to call you then you can go.

also i remembered that after i recieved the letter that nvc sent our petition to Laos, a week later my husband called said they called him to pick up the forms.

Timeline

Hey it been almost 2 week now you think I should call then to see if they have it. My fiancee have now heard nothing from them yet, nor I don't even have an email from them. Nvc sent me a letter on the 18th of march already. By the way do you know what there email is cause I sent one out to them and it was sent back to me only. I did check out there website. I am starting to worry. Anything be nice right now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Asia: East and Pacific regional - topic is specific to interviewing in Laos ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yeah I used that email and it replayed back to me. My own email, unless there another email. Anything would help now cause I am not getting any contact from them nor is my fiancee. Just need to know how long or what is the longest we have to wait.

What do you mean, "it replayed back to you"? Do you mean it came back as "undelivered"...meaning it didn't go through? Double check the email address maybe you typed it wrong? The longest I've waited for a reply was 5 days. You should have heard something by now, if anything they should at least say they don't have the I-129f package from NVC, if that is the case. Try to email them again.

Do you have the case number already? If you do, you can try and have her go to the embassy with the case number and see if she can get the instructions package?

Timeline

Sorry for the late reply. It has been almost been 3 week now and she got no call nor I still don't have any email from them or even a letter and the dead line is June 23 2015. I do want her to go and check it but it is a one day trip to Vientiane and don't want her to waste her time. I do want her to call and check, but she do not speak English at all. I called yesterday on her behalf and got no information. I don't know if the lady knows what she is talking about she just told me to go to the website. It does not explain anything on letting me know if they received or not. I know she has to get the medical paper from them to get filled out. Is there any other way to find out cause my status at the uscis just stopped since noa2. Anything be helpful right now. I was thinking about calling the NVC again the see if they got any information. Others are telling me to wait until they call her I lost and confuse.

Sorry for the late reply. It has been almost been 3 week now and she got no call nor I still don't have any email from them or even a letter and the dead line is June 23 2015. I do want her to go and check it but it is a one day trip to Vientiane and don't want her to waste her time. I do want her to call and check, but she do not speak English at all. I called yesterday on her behalf and got no information. I don't know if the lady knows what she is talking about she just told me to go to the website. It does not explain anything on letting me know if they received or not. I know she has to get the medical paper from them to get filled out. Is there any other way to find out cause my status at the uscis just stopped since noa2. Anything be helpful right now. I was thinking about calling the NVC again the see if they got any information. Others are telling me to wait until they call her I lost and confuse.

• 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.