33 posts in this topic

Just make sure I understand what is going to happen. Just got our NOA2 on 03/19. How long should I wait to call NVC? 1 week or 2 weeks or? Also someone enlighten me as to what packet 3 and packet 4 are specifically. i know that it is information etc...but I just want to make sure I understand everything. after almost 7 months I am ready to get this show on the road and finish up these last couple of steps as quick as possible. lol Also anyone else from TSC get their NOA2 recently, if so how long did it take to get to NVC on average? Thanks!

Also someone enlighten me as to what packet 3 and packet 4 are specifically. i know that it is information etc...but I just want to make sure I understand everything. after almost 7 months I am ready to get this show on the road and finish up these last couple of steps as quick as possible. lol

London packet 3 covered here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/?p=6741216 (Disregard calling DOS. They won't help anymore)

Packet 4 is a letter telling you the interview date and this information http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/IV019_fiance_appt_letter.pdf

Each consulate is different. Ask about London letters, packets, procedures, etc in the UK FORUM.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Ahhh ok cool, I thought so but reading stuff as per usual I have confused myself. I am just going to step away from the computer for awhile I think I have fried my brain. Thanks as always for the help!

Ahhh ok cool, I thought so but reading stuff as per usual I have confused myself. I am just going to step away from the computer for awhile I think I have fried my brain. Thanks as always for the help!

Well hopefully somebody here in K1 will answer what you asked about NVC. I only answered the part I knew. It's all the same until your case flies across the pond, then it will be different. Don't let what people in other countries do at their embassy confuse you. They can be very different procedures.

If you want to look at timelines, all the approved at TSC can be found here, separated by month of filing. http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=3&option=1&sortby=2

February and March approvals are all the way at the bottom. You can click the timeline icon beside the name and see if theirs made it to NVC yet and how long it took.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I started calling the NVC a week after our petition changed to "Sent to Department of State for processing." The first time I called was the Friday after it changed.. agent told me it hadn't been received yet and that I needed to wait at least 60 days. I ignored that, and called again on Friday. They had our case then. It wasn't very long - you may get a rude agent who tells you that you have to wait.. but keep calling back. Surprisingly TSC was fast at this part but slow at the NOA2.

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Thank you both very much. That makes it much more clear and helps me calm my nerves. Just too much going on and trying to juggle it all. So thanks for the help. I will try to call Nvc the end of the week and go from there. Thanks again for everything

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~moved from k1 process to uk regional forum~

~inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I started calling the NVC a week after our petition changed to "Sent to Department of State for processing." The first time I called was the Friday after it changed.. agent told me it hadn't been received yet and that I needed to wait at least 60 days. I ignored that, and called again on Friday. They had our case then. It wasn't very long - you may get a rude agent who tells you that you have to wait.. but keep calling back. Surprisingly TSC was fast at this part but slow at the NOA2.

I noticed in your signature that you note the date that your case was sent to NVC. Is there a way to know that? I mean I thought it would show it in USCIS status on the website? If so a lot of people are saying it isn't changing for them even though it was already sent and received by NVC. Is there somewhere else to look to see when it was actually sent to NVC? I mean of course right now all I have to go on is my NOA2 which I haven't gottten the hardcopy yet just email

I noticed in your signature that you note the date that your case was sent to NVC. Is there a way to know that? I mean I thought it would show it in USCIS status on the website? If so a lot of people are saying it isn't changing for them even though it was already sent and received by NVC. Is there somewhere else to look to see when it was actually sent to NVC? I mean of course right now all I have to go on is my NOA2 which I haven't gottten the hardcopy yet just email

I found out by asking NVC.

"Have you received my case yet?"

"What date did it arrive?"

"What date did it leave there?"

"What is my new case number?"

A lot of people don't call so don't put it in their timeline. It isn't necessary because everything will be sent in the mail to those willing to wait. Sometime I read VJ K1 threads and they make it sound like calling NVC is a compulsory step. It isn't. Calling is for the curious, impatient, obsessed or maybe even possessed. :P

Don't let it make you crazy.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Oh Hahaha far past that point already! But I just was curious I was going to call either way I just didn't know if it updated it somewhere to tell us they did send it. I know it does from nvc to embassy but didn't know if it did somewhere this. Thanks again. I plan on calling after a week then I'll try again if not in another few days to see how it goes.

Yep so I called since it's been a week (knowing it probably wouldn't be there yet but hopeful) anyways to ask. He asked for my receipt number, hopefully he actually did look but he was not super nice at all :/ He said the whole allow 35 days etc...before calling. But he says it's not there yeah, which I hope he actually did look. But he wasn't very friendly, I work in customer service so I never understand the people who are not nice that work in customer service jobs. But either way, I will just call back on probably Monday and check again. Thanks for the headsup.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.