socal92154

Received MNL Number, what's next?

42 posts in this topic

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.dois asking for the receipt number. Is the receipt number same as the MNL case # or should i pay the visa fee first before having a receipt number?

Is it necessary to pay the visa fee weeks or months before the interview?

socal,

A few things:

1) Try to update your profile as well as your timeline. Hank, Darnell, & Greenbaum were trying to help you, but without you having said that you received a packet from USCIS-Manila, they were giving you advice that may not be right for your situation. Update your profile, particularly where it one can see from your name that you're a DCF (CR-1/IR-1) case. (Like mine under my name).

2) That link that you're trying to use only works for people filing via the USCIS lockbox system in the US. As a DCF filer, it won't work for you. Nor is it presently pertinent, since you already have been approved by USCIS.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

sir, shall i wait for a letter from the embassy for the interview schedule or shall i schedule it online? thank you.

Okay, from this point on it would be helpful to read what other DCF filers have done. Be sure to check out my personal experience so you can get an idea of what's in store for you. Click on the link in my signature.

Also, read this thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541025-dcf-i-130-us-embassy-manila-please-help/page-2 ) and specifically this post (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541025-dcf-i-130-us-embassy-manila-please-help/?p=7527489). That gentleman is roughly were you are in the DCF process. That is, USCIS-Manila approved your I-130 petition and you now have the MNL Case number.

From here, you'll need to follow the instructions here: IV Applicant Interview Preparation Instructions (English)

Before registering online at the USTravelDocs site and/or calling USEM to schedule the interview, the visa applicant is supposed to fill out the DS-260 online. Once that's done you can schedule the interview in the specified ways (in the instructions I've linked to above). With the interview scheduled and the DS-260 filled out, you can then schedule the medical with SLEC.

Before you ask any follow-up questions, definitely read my experiences as well as the two other recent cases of people filing DCF in Manila on the DCF forum, where you've posted.

And just to clarify, you filed DCF last year and received your NOA-2 last October?

To be honest, your loved one could've been in the States by now. Too bad you didn't find this forum until recently. I filed the I-130 with USEM on 11Dec2014 and my wife got her passport with IR-1 visa back two weeks ago.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Several posts that were posted in a thread over 2.5 years old have been moved to this thread and the old thread locked to additional comments.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Okay, from this point on it would be helpful to read what other DCF filers have done. Be sure to check out my personal experience so you can get an idea of what's in store for you. Click on the link in my signature.

Also, read this thread (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541025-dcf-i-130-us-embassy-manila-please-help/page-2 ) and specifically this post (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541025-dcf-i-130-us-embassy-manila-please-help/?p=7527489). That gentleman is roughly were you are in the DCF process. That is, USCIS-Manila approved your I-130 petition and you now have the MNL Case number.

From here, you'll need to follow the instructions here: IV Applicant Interview Preparation Instructions (English)

Before registering online at the USTravelDocs site and/or calling USEM to schedule the interview, the visa applicant is supposed to fill out the DS-260 online. Once that's done you can schedule the interview in the specified ways (in the instructions I've linked to above). With the interview scheduled and the DS-260 filled out, you can then schedule the medical with SLEC.

Before you ask any follow-up questions, definitely read my experiences as well as the two other recent cases of people filing DCF in Manila on the DCF forum, where you've posted.

And just to clarify, you filed DCF last year and received your NOA-2 last October?

To be honest, your loved one could've been in the States by now. Too bad you didn't find this forum until recently. I filed the I-130 with USEM on 11Dec2014 and my wife got her passport with IR-1 visa back two weeks ago.

Thank you Sir for helping.

We'll be scheduling her medical and interview as soon we receive the joint sponsor affidavit.

Sir, i have a question we have a 2 yr/old son, a filipino citizen, how can we bring him to the US once my wife's CR1 Visa is approved?

Thank you Sir for helping.

We'll be scheduling her medical and interview as soon we receive the joint sponsor affidavit.

Sir, i have a question we have a 2 yr/old son, a filipino citizen, how can we bring him to the US once my wife's CR1 Visa is approved?

1) Are you a US Citizen?

2) Is "your son" your biological child?

3) Was your biological son born after you became a US Citizen?

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

1) Are you a US Citizen?

2) Is "your son" your biological child?

3) Was your biological son born after you became a US Citizen?

I am a US Citizen acquired at birth and been living here in the Philippines, he is my biological son.

I would like to know if are there any requirements for my 2 yr old son to go with her mom to the US as soon as her CR1 Visa is approved?

Edited by socal92154

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Doe he qualify for usa passport? Study crba.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

If he's your son, and you're a US Citizen, Darnell is right, you can just file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and then once that's done, apply for a US Passport. As the child of a US Citizen, he's a US Citizen.

Read:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7/crba-reminder2.html

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

If he's your son, and you're a US Citizen, Darnell is right, you can just file a Consular Report of Birth Abroad and then once that's done, apply for a US Passport. As the child of a US Citizen, he's a US Citizen.

Read:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7/crba-reminder2.html

(Child born out of wedlock to a U.S. Citizen father: A child born outside of the United States to a U.S. Citizen father where there is no marriage to the non-American mother is entitled to U.S. Citizenship provided the American citizen father had been physically present in the United States for the period of time as specified in previous paragraphs for children born in wedlock to one U.S. Citizen and one non-U.S. Citizen parent, either before or after November 14, 1986.

Child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. Citizen parent on December 24, 1952 until November 13, 1986: A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. Citizen parent and one non-U.S. Citizen parent, may be entitled to citizenship provided the U.S. Citizen parent, prior to the birth of the child, had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a period of ten years, at least five years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen.)

It states that it is required for the US Citizen parent must have physical presence at the US for a couple of years.

But I haven't stayed in the US for years. I've been living here in the Philippines.

Can my son go with a philippine passport with his mom as soon as her cr1 visa approved? Then as soon as i meet the required years on staying at the US then that will be the time that i'll file for my sons US Citizenship?

1) How old is your kid? (Was your son born between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986?)

2) How old are you now? You were born in the States right? How long have you been living in the Philippines?

Child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one non U.S. citizen parent on or after November 14, 1986: A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. citizen parent may be entitled to citizenship provided the U.S. citizen parent, prior to the birth of the child, had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years, at least two years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen.

From the day you were born, have you lived in the US for five years, two years of which were after the age of 14?

Child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. Citizen parent on December 24, 1952 until November 13, 1986: A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. Citizen parent and one non-U.S. Citizen parent, may be entitled to citizenship provided the U.S. Citizen parent, prior to the birth of the child, had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a period of ten years, at least five years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen.

Is your son between the ages of 62 and 28? If no, this part does not apply to you.

Child born out of wedlock to a U.S. Citizen father: A child born outside of the United States to a U.S. Citizen father where there is no marriage to the non-American mother is entitled to U.S. Citizenship provided the American citizen father had been physically present in the United States for the period of time as specified in previous paragraphs for children born in wedlock to one U.S. Citizen and one non-U.S. Citizen parent, either before or after November 14, 1986

This no longer applies to you since you (birth father) and you wife (birth mother) are now married

See here: http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/legitimation4.html

"Persons born in wedlock to a U.S. citizen father and non-U.S. citizen mother are legitimated by virtue of the marriage of the parents. Evidence of the marriage should be submitted."

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

Timeline

If you not qualify for crba,

File new i-130 on child via dcf, chase cr-2 visa.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

If you not qualify for crba,

File new i-130 on child via dcf, chase cr-2 visa.

What disqualifies the son for CRBA?

EDIT: My bad, I read that without seeing the "IF".

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

The kid's 2 years old. Parents are married.

It all comes down to how long socal has lived in the US, how long he's lived in the philippines from where I see it.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

Timeline

disqualifies? 2 year of the 5 year rule. it's very specific, on the 'US Citizen' qualifications.

1) How old is your kid? (Was your son born between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986?)

2) How old are you now? You were born in the States right? How long have you been living in the Philippines?

Child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one non U.S. citizen parent on or after November 14, 1986: A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. citizen parent may be entitled to citizenship provided the U.S. citizen parent, prior to the birth of the child, had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years, at least two years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen.

From the day you were born, have you lived in the US for five years, two years of which were after the age of 14?

Child born in wedlock to one U.S. citizen parent and one non-U.S. Citizen parent on December 24, 1952 until November 13, 1986: A child born outside of the United States to one U.S. Citizen parent and one non-U.S. Citizen parent, may be entitled to citizenship provided the U.S. Citizen parent, prior to the birth of the child, had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a period of ten years, at least five years of which were after s/he reached the age of fourteen.

Is your son between the ages of 62 and 28? If no, this part does not apply to you.

Child born out of wedlock to a U.S. Citizen father: A child born outside of the United States to a U.S. Citizen father where there is no marriage to the non-American mother is entitled to U.S. Citizenship provided the American citizen father had been physically present in the United States for the period of time as specified in previous paragraphs for children born in wedlock to one U.S. Citizen and one non-U.S. Citizen parent, either before or after November 14, 1986

This no longer applies to you since you (birth father) and you wife (birth mother) are now married

See here: http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/legitimation4.html

"Persons born in wedlock to a U.S. citizen father and non-U.S. citizen mother are legitimated by virtue of the marriage of the parents. Evidence of the marriage should be submitted."

My son is 2, he was born before our marriage.

I'm still 24, Haven't stayed in the US for years. I'm a permanent resident alien.

But can my son go with his mom with Philippine passport? I'll be filing his CRBA in the US as soon i meet the required years.

Edited by socal92154

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.