18 posts in this topic

I am currently in the process of filing for my AOS.

I had a medical examination in Janurary (London UK) as part of the K1 Visa process. I had all my vaccinations done prior to coming to the USA, but this was not required as part of the K1 process rather a precuasionary measure to incur lower charges once arriving in the USA.

So my question: Do I need to include the i-693 for with my AOS application?

Q2: If i need to include it, which part of the form (i-693) need to be filled out?

As I currently understand, I am not required to undertake another medical if i file for AOS within one year, but need to provide proof that i meet the vaccination requiremetns as illustrated by law. I have proof of my vaccinations, as stated on the DS3025.

My problem is that any doctor I am trying to speak with requires that i undertake another medical examination. I'm kind of lost as to what I actually have to do. I know I am not required to do a medical, but which sections does a civil surgon have to approve on the i-693? I assume part one only?

Can anybody recommend a designated civil surgon in Virginia or nearby DC, Richmond, Charlottoesvile, that understands that they do not have to proform a medical if one was already conducted for the immigrant in the first year under the conditions of a K1 Visa if applying for AOS? Far as I understand, they only need to complete part1 of the i-693 once in receipt of proof of vaccinations.

I've not had luck finding somebody and everybody wants me to undertake another medical costing in regions in $600 for something that is not required. I've called around 20 places with no joy...

Edited by DaveNot

If your DS-3025 is ticked completed or you get waiver then you don't need I-693. You just needed to include a copy of your DS-3025. Please look at my signature and see the link about I-693 and DS-3025.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Please read my replied for your previous post.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Unfortunately, my sheet doesn't indicate (complete vs not complete). Those boxes ren't marked (nor is the waiver portion) it is blank. I assume the reason is due to not requiring to meet guidelines for a K1, but rather AOS. I entered on the K1, so the requirements didn't apply to me at that time. I am exempt being from the UK. I do however, meet the requirements now due to following the guide here and having all my vaccinations done.

There are portions of my sheet stating (not age appropriate) for vaccinations that I had done, but no dates being indicated. I'm not sure if this is a mistake or left intentionally having subbmitted proof at the time of my medical.

Unfortunately, my sheet doesn't indicate (complete vs not complete). Those boxes ren't marked (nor is the waiver portion) it is blank. I assume the reason is due to not requiring to meet guidelines for a K1, but rather AOS. I entered on the K1, so the requirements didn't apply to me at that time. I am exempt being from the UK. I do however, meet the requirements now due to following the guide here and having all my vaccinations done.

There are portions of my sheet stating (not age appropriate) for vaccinations that I had done, but no dates being indicated. I'm not sure if this is a mistake or left intentionally having subbmitted proof at the time of my medical.

When you had your medical in your country for K-1 visa, it follows the requirement from the embassy. For instance, in my country, a beneficiary doesn't need to do a urine test whereas in some embassies it is a requirement. When you come to the U.S., the rules are same for all beneficiaries regardless where they are come from. As long as the medical exam is still within a year and the box ticked completed or get waiver, you should be just fine.

Unfortunately as you stated, neither completed nor waiver blanket you have been received on your DS-3025. Check it which vaccinations are not completed yet or not routine available. After that, you have started shopping around to finished all shots you needed.

After all shots are completed, printed instruction of I-693 and tell the civil surgeon why you don't need to redo whole medical. All you needed is they filled out the portion of I-693. Tell them you came here as K-1 visa holder and it is not requirement to redo whole medical exam. You needed to argue a bit with them to save money. Many people on VJ had bad experience regarding civil surgeons who are in the USCIS list and they were well known to ripped off .

Edited by Girl from Celebes

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Can anybody recommend a designated civil surgon in Virginia or nearby DC, Richmond, Charlottoesvile, that understands that they do not have to proform a medical if one was already conducted for the immigrant in the first year under the conditions of a K1 Visa if applying for AOS? Far as I understand, they only need to complete part1 of the i-693 once in receipt of proof of vaccinations.

I've not had luck finding somebody and everybody wants me to undertake another medical costing in regions in $600 for something that is not required. I've called around 20 places with no joy...

You probably should have gotten them in the UK and had them marked off on your DS-3025 at Knightsbridge. Vaccinations are not really cheap in the US and as you can see, it would have allowed you to avoid this hassle.

You can print out instructions to read from and take in to show them that you are not required to get a medical. They still may refuse to do it without one. All you can do it keep hunting, or break down and pay their fees and have the tests they want in order to fill out the I-693 for you.

You can use the I-693 instructions, Page 5 #3 > http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

The I-485 instructions,Page 4 #7 C. > http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

And this Q&A from a USCIS civil surgeon seminar, Page 15, Q&A #57 > http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Notes%20from%20Previous%20Engagements/2012/May%202012/civil-surgeonQA-11-13-12.pdf

You might be able to find a civil surgeon in this thread > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/page-13

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I had a medical examination in Janurary (London UK) as part of the K1 Visa process. I had all my vaccinations done prior to coming to the USA, but this was not required as part of the K1 process rather a precuasionary measure to incur lower charges once arriving in the USA.

Q2: If i need to include it, which part of the form (i-693) need to be filled out?

As I currently understand, I am not required to undertake another medical if i file for AOS within one year, but need to provide proof that i meet the vaccination requiremetns as illustrated by law. I have proof of my vaccinations, as stated on the DS3025.

My problem is that any doctor I am trying to speak with requires that i undertake another medical examination. I'm kind of lost as to what I actually have to do. I know I am not required to do a medical, but which sections does a civil surgon have to approve on the i-693? I assume part one only?

It totally depends whether the shots are on your DS-3025 or if you went to your GP after Knightsbridge to get shots. K1s are not required to have any shots to get a visa. If they get them all on their DS-3025, then no Civil Surgeon needed.

Everything has to be on either a DS-3025 or an I-693.

What is on your sheet? What are the dates?

MMR or Mumps, Measles, Rubella

Tdap or Td

Varicella (or Varicella History ticked)

Influenza

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I can tell you by my experience it is a good idea to include the I-693 with your AOS if you are missing any vaccinations (if you had to complete a series of shots and you only had done the 1st one). Otherwise you don't need the I-693. If it is not properly filled then you only need to include the first page of the I-693 and the last page which is the vaccination supplemental. You do not need to have a full medical. I took page 5 of 9 of the I-693 of the instruction sheet to the Civil Surgeon and show Number 3 highlighted and I did not do a full medical.

After spending half a day calling everyone in the area to do this for me, because everyone wanted to charge me a full medical, I contacted Dr. Emmanwel Bown at Apex Travel & Immigrant Medical in Farragut West 960 18th St NW . You can call and make an appointment at 202-293-5001. Make sure to take that page above. Initially they will say it is $300 dollars for the full medical, but I ended up paying only $150 to fill the two pages (page 1 of 5 and 5 of 5 of the I-693 plus the DS-3025. If they tell you that you need additional vaccines you can get them at any Walgreens medicals and they are usually paid by your health insurance. You can get them with Apex Travel, but they will charge you and not cover by insurance so better get them somewhere else.

Good luck to you!

Jorge

Edited by cocolucho

*The material presented is intended for general information only and does not constitute legal advice*

USCIS - IR1/CR1 Wife/IR2 Daughter - K3 Wife/K4 Daughter

12/03/2013 -- I-130s Sent, 12/06/2013 -- I-130s Received                                           12/13/2013 -- I-129F Sent, 12/16/2013 -- I-129F Received           

12/10/2013 -- I-130s NOA1 Hard copies received from VSC                                         12/20/2013 -- I-129F NOA1 Hard copy from VSC           

06/05/2014 -- I-130s Alien Registration Numbers Changed                                           02/12/2014 -- I-129F Transferred from VSC to TSC hard copy                                       

06/09/2014 -- I-130s RFE Emails, 06/12/2014 -- I-130s RFE Hard copies received       02/25/2014 -- I-129F Alien Registration Number Changed

06/16/2014 -- I-130s RFE Response received                                                              07/11/2014 -- I-129F NOA2 email (207 days)

09/25/2014 -- I-130 NOA2 Emails 290 days                                                                 07/16/2014 -- I-129F NOA2 Hard copy received and sent to NVC        

NVC - K3 Wife/K4 Daughter

07-29-2014 -- NVC received I129F                                                                           

07-31-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

08-01-2014 -- Left NVC in route to Embassy in Lima

Embassy - K3 Wife/K4 Daughter

08-07-2014 -- Embassy in Lima received case from NVC                                        

08-07-2014 -- Received email interview letter and packet IV

08-18-2014 -- Completed DS-160 online                                                                 

08-21-2014 -- Medical & Vaccination completed

09-03-2014 -- Interview (Approved)                                                                        

09-05-2014 -- Visa Issued (CEAC website)

09-10-2014 -- Visa in hand                                                                                      

09-18-2014 -- Dulles VA

USCIS - AOS Wife/Daughter

12/10/2014 -- I-485 Sent - including I-765                                                            

12/11/2014 -- I-485 Received

12/16/2014 -- I-485 and I-765 NOA Received email                                             

12/20/2014 -- I-485 and I-765 NOA Hard copies received

01/09/2015 -- I-485 and I-765 Biometrics appointment                                       

01/14/2015 -- I-485 Ready for interview

02/02/2015 -- I-485 Interview notification received                                             

02/14/2015 -- I-765 Approved - EAD card production email and text

02/24/2015 -- I-765 EAD card received                                                              

03/12/2015 -- I-485 Interview Date (APPROVED)

03/17/2015 -- CR6/CR7 Welcome letters received                                               

03/21/2015 -- CR6/CR7 Green Cards received :dance:

USCIS - ROC Wife/Daughter

01/12/2017 -- I-751 Sent

01/17/2017 -- I-751 NOA Received for wife and daughter

02/23/2017 -- I-751 / CRI89 Biometrics Appointment for wife and daughter

12/26/2017 -- I-751 / CRI89 Approved for wife and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sort of surprised you got to speak to a Doctor. I had to keep calling as all I got were brain dead receptionists until I found somebody who would do it, took so little time they did not bother charging.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read this all the time here about these government doctors, that just want more money, any way they can get it, IT is typical of the present administration..,.,my friend, had to call 3 until, he found one not "wanting to rob him" and would just transfer the medical info. for a nominal fee.

Keep calling and looking, you will fine one, just keep searching, and you will find an honest civil surgeon.

Okay, that seems clear. I had some shots done after the visit. My final MMR booster was done a week after I had my medical. I have evidence of it, but it isn't recorded on the DS3025. Also, varicella is recorded as history of, so I do wonder if they will have to test for it. I guess it is a civil surgeon then... thank you.

Okay, that seems clear. I had some shots done after the visit. My final MMR booster was done a week after I had my medical. I have evidence of it, but it isn't recorded on the DS3025. Also, varicella is recorded as history of, so I do wonder if they will have to test for it. I guess it is a civil surgeon then... thank you.

Varicella history means you have a history of chickenpox so are considered immune. No test required. You get a waiver just by saying "I had chickenpox."

What was the date of your first MMR? Is it on the form?

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.