Beverrlly

Withdrawing a TSC I-129....I wouldn't do it but sometimes it's tempting!!!

6 posts in this topic

So I am military and I have a house (that I own and lived in for several years so I have establish residency there) in a state that is processed by CSC. I used my current address because it was obvious. I didn't read about the differences in service centers until after I submitted in Jan 2015. There's a part of me that's SO tempted to withdraw my I-129 and re-submit it from my other house so that it will be processed in 1 month vs. 7 !! I wouldn't do it because I'm too chicken that it would flag something in the system if I apply for the same person back to back--I wouldn't take the chance of being denied and held up even longer. But I have to admit....it's crossed my mind more than once.

Phew...I just had to get that admission off my chest and was wondering if anyone else had the same thoughts?? :jest:

*I am the (female) petitioner, my husband  is an Australian citizen *

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : California Service Center
Date Filed : 2017-12-11
NOA Date : 2017-12-14
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2018-01-23
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp : No
Green Card Received :  
Comments : Transferred June 11, 2018.  Receipt WAC18075

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Chicago IL
Date Filed : 2019-01-02
NOA Date :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-01-25
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments :  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So I am military and I have a house (that I own and lived in for several years so I have establish residency there) in a state that is processed by CSC. I used my current address because it was obvious. I didn't read about the differences in service centers until after I submitted in Jan 2015. There's a part of me that's SO tempted to withdraw my I-129 and re-submit it from my other house so that it will be processed in 1 month vs. 7 !! I wouldn't do it because I'm too chicken that it would flag something in the system if I apply for the same person back to back--I wouldn't take the chance of being denied and held up even longer. But I have to admit....it's crossed my mind more than once.

Phew...I just had to get that admission off my chest and was wondering if anyone else had the same thoughts?? :jest:

Yeah it's too late for that now, and in addition, it isn't as easy as you make it out to cancel a petition. That too takes time to complete fully. And so by the time that happens and you file again, you wouldn't gain much. And we haven't even addressed the issue of fraud potential. So yeah, unfortunately you're stuck with the rest of us.

Also, realize that if it was that easy, everyone would have already done it. But it isn't and so they haven't.

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Well aware of all that.....and as I say, I'd be too chicken to actually DO it.

I''m HORRIBLE about not doing anything. I'm a 'fixer' by nature so having no actions that I should be taking, nothing that *I* can be doing in the meantime just kills me! (I know I'm not alone there)

Nothing to do but TRY to not think about it for a few months.

*I am the (female) petitioner, my husband  is an Australian citizen *

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : California Service Center
Date Filed : 2017-12-11
NOA Date : 2017-12-14
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2018-01-23
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date :  
Approved :  
Got I551 Stamp : No
Green Card Received :  
Comments : Transferred June 11, 2018.  Receipt WAC18075

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Chicago IL
Date Filed : 2019-01-02
NOA Date :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-01-25
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments :  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm military as well and thought of doing the same thing for another address I have in a state that is processed by CSC instead of TSC. Realized that I should have done that a week after sending mine in January as well. I think it would work, but the time delays in canceling and recollecting/reorganizing all that information would probably end up only saving a month or so anyway. I'm not sure if all the stress and work is work an extra month. I'll just chalk it up as a learning experience and advise any other military that I encounter in the future to check processing times first before they choose which address to use.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.