lostinblue

Machete-Wielding Man Shot at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport

84 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

BINGO!

I believe people do stupid things in the name of their religion and based on their misunderstanding of the books used by such religion. That is true of Christianity, Islam and Judaism. They also attempt to justify their actions on some ill informed opinion derived from their books. That is true of all three sister religions.

ISIS can do whatever they want in the name of their religion and yet they no more are acting in the name of the god of Abraham then Mr. Torquemada did was when he was around or when Christians burned Jews at the stake. I don't think any of the above are representations of the deity these faiths claim to represent.

That is true in the 1300s, 1400s or 2000s...

You're ignoring the problem that exists at this moment.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You're ignoring the fact that religious zealotry has existed in the world for thousands of years and in America since the first pilgrims arrived. The First Amendment exists for a reason. The Founding Fathers didn't need VJ to know the kinds of nutjobs that existed amongst them.

You're ignoring the problem that exists at this moment.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

You're ignoring the fact that religious zealotry has existed in the world for thousands of years and in America since the first pilgrims arrived. The First Amendment exists for a reason. The Founding Fathers didn't need VJ to know the kinds of nutjobs that existed amongst them.

I'm not ignoring it at all. Two wrongs do not make a right. You're putting words into my mouth. This type of thinking makes us paralyzed against doing anything to combat the radicalism that is happening right now.

Timeline

You combat religious radicalism with fair economic development. Have you noticed god has a tendency to favor rich countries? God loves the prosperous and shuns the poor.

I'm not ignoring it at all. Two wrongs do not make a right. You're putting words into my mouth. This type of thinking makes us paralyzed against doing anything to combat the radicalism that is happening right now.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

You combat religious radicalism with fair economic development. Have you noticed god has a tendency to favor rich countries? God loves the prosperous and shuns the poor.

Sometimes. Bin Laden was quite well off initially.

Timeline

Then we get to the crux of the matter. War, of any kind, is self serving. You can call a war based on religion, national security, freedom, or even god herself, but the truth remains that the purpose of war has always been and continues to be mundane.

You could say that about any army.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Then we get to the crux of the matter. War, of any kind, is self serving. You can call a war based on religion, national security, freedom, or even god herself, but the truth remains that the purpose of war has always been and continues to be mundane.

So what does this guy's religion have to do with anything assuming it wasn't the motive?

Timeline

As much as the religion of any of those sickos at ISIS.

A guy that killed some people at an airport who just so happens to be Christian is the same as a group in the middle east that is attempting to create a new Islamic Caliphate in order to banish any non-believers from the holy land. Wow.

Edited by GandD

Timeline

Yes, they are the same, in that neither took directives from their professed religion. I would say that this guy was not really a Christian. If he were he would not have wanted to harm anyone. I will continue saying that the ISIS crowd are just a bunch of self-serving SOBs. If they were Muslims they would not be committing the crimes they are.

Would a true Christian or Muslim try to harm another person? The would be an impossibility because they both serve the same god.

A guy that killed some people at an airport who just so happens to be Christian is the same as a group in the middle east that is attempting to create a new Islamic Caliphate in order to banish any non-believers from the holy land. Wow.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I dare you!!! :rofl: :rofl:

And for the record, it's not bickering... we're just looking at two sides of the same coin.

p.s. Shouldn't you be busy planning on how to help elect your fellow Canadian, Ted Cruz, to the White House?

Stop the bickering in this thread or admin action will follow. :content:

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I dare you!!! :rofl: :rofl:

And for the record, it's not bickering... we're just looking at two sides of the same coin.

p.s. Shouldn't you be busy planning on how to help elect your fellow Canadian, Ted Cruz, to the White House?

As you well know, it doesn't matter if YOU think it's bickering or not. VJ moderation has a mind of it's own. And the first one to post song lyrics will get themselves 30 days in the hole!.

Teddy for Prez!!

tc-212.jpg#ted%20cruz%202016%20200x201