just87

Anyone else in the "Supervisor Review" boat?

39 posts in this topic

We're under Supervisor Review because NVC did not review out documents in the stated 30-days. No checklist, missing docs, etc.

American girl and Swiss/Italian boy who met in San Francisco in 2009, moved to Amsterdam in 2014 and married in Switzerland in 2015. Both living and filed for CR-1 from abroad. (L)

USCIS: California Service Center

07/04/2015: I-130 Sent

07/08/2015: NOA 1

07/30/2015: NOA 2

NVC

08/15/2015: NVC Scan

08/24/2015: NVC Case and IIN Received

08/24/2015: DS-261 Completed

08/24/2015: AOS Fee Received

08/26/2015: AOS Fee Marked as Paid

08/28/2015: IV Fee Received

08/31/2015: AOS Package Scanned

09/02/2015: IV Package Scanned

09/02/2015: IV Fee Marked as Paid

09/02/2015: DS-260 Completed

10/07/2015: NVC flagged for Supervisor Review

10/08/2015: Case Complete!!!

10/09/2015: Interview Date Scheduled

10/13/2015: P4 Interview Letter Received

Consulate

11/10/2015: Medical Appointment

11/17/2015: Interview

EKSwp2.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are also under supervisor review because NVC did not review our documents within the 30 day initial review. We have been on supervisor review since September 29. Today I called and asked to speak to a supervisor. The representative put me on hold and then came back and said she spoke with her supervisor, who said she would locate my mail and I should call back Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Hoping this means they will actually review my documents but who knows!

I called NVC on August 28, 2015, after 30 day wait to check on the status. The told me that nothing had been done and that they would escalate my case to a supevisor and that it would take up to 42 days. TODAY the 42 days are up . I just called the NVC and they told me that the supervisor did NOT review anything and that they wouild need to put a nother request por a supervisor to review my case......and that it can take up to another 42 days.....Is this crazy or what????? Any HELP!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, my husband and I are in the same boat. We got our NOA2 on June 15, 2015, and our attorney told us that we would get a "fee bill" within 30 days. We never got the bill. I waited a few weeks thinking maybe they were slow. Finally on August 6th, we sent an email to the NVC, per our attorney's advice. She said it would take 30 - 60 days for a reply. As of this week, we have never heard a word. The attorney said she had never had a client not get their fee bill. We finally called the NVC earlier this week and a worker there found our file, and said that if we had not called, nothing would have ever happened with our file. She could see no reason that it was just sitting there. She escalated to a supervisor and told us it would be 42 days.

I'm pretty irritated at the attorney who said that email was the best way to reach the NVC and the posters on this forum clearly do not agree. Paid all this money to someone who is supposed to expedite this stuff, and we are waiting months with nothing happening, and then we called and got through on our first try and found out that we could have called 75 days ago on this. Grrr.....

this is my first forum post ever. The NVC rep gave us a case number that starts with the letters VAC, and she also gave us an invoice ID #. Can anyone fill me in on what those things are? Are those things that go on my timeline?

• 1 month later...

Just got on the same boat. My wait has been ridiculously long.

Info/timeline

EB5

China mainland born

Been in the US since 2008, always maintained status (F1,OPT, adjustment of status)

Approved 526 in July 2014, priority date July 2013.

Filed 485 AOS IN late August, 2014, fingerprints 09/14

Interviewed 04/15, short, nice interview, some chit chat, reason was because my school didn't report my status to USCIS, I told them that I was on OPT then I will be on EAD, I told them where I lived, my employer, and my position.

A supervisor was called when the officer wasn't sure if he should interview me as I live in a different city, but I put my attorney's office address as my contact address in case I miss any letters. Supervisor said since I was already there, they can interview me. He photo copied my IDs and I ask if there was ANYTHING else, he was very polite and said no, if so they will contact me, then wished me a good drive back home.

10/22/15 my atterny's office hired someone to visit the field office they believe my file was in. Then they were told that my filed was with national service center. My paralegal called the national office and was told "if 15-30 days later, no response, call back".

12-1-15 - paralegal called and then she emailed , She got a response from the email saying that " thank you for reaching out your case has is being transferred to a supervisor for review " and nothing else.

That was the timeline.

Neither my paralegal or myself received any RFE during this entire time. It has been 7 months since the interview and 14 months since the initial filing. I am concerned, but I would like to hear you guys' opinion on:

1. Should I be concerned

2. Should I contact a senitor

My paralegal has arranged a meeting with me and one of her attorneys in about 10 days . But I do want to get outside opinion because I feel like there were things that we should have done that I didn't do such as contacting a congressman or a senitor.

I don't have any info on why this case is being reviewed by a supervisor, some online posts suggest it's a bad thing which happens right before the Ni it's a bad thing which happens right before the denial , some suggest it's fairly common , some suggest the information we received from the email does not entail anything ...

After 36 days from our scan date, today I decided to call NVC to get an update. The rep told me she will put my case under "Supervisor Review" and the time frame for that is 45 days.

She didn't say anything about checklists, missing documents or anything. She also told us something like "This doesn't mean it will take 45 days, it could be less than that."

So sad... hope our "Supervisor" gets our case soon...

06/10/2003 - Met in Nueva Esparta, Venezuela
04/20/2013 - Married in Caracas, Venezuela

USCIS STAGE
04/08/2015 - I-130 Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox trough USPS
04/09/2015 - USPS Tracking: "Delivered"
04/13/2015 - Received NOA1 via e-mail and text msg (CSC)
05/22/2015 - Received NOA2 via email and text msg (only 40 days!)

NVC STAGE
06/18/2015 - NVC Received our case (we had to call to figure this one out)
08/03/2015 - Called NVC and retrieved both Case Number and IIN
08/03/2015 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee ONLINE (IV Fee still not available for payment)
09/09/2015 - Filed DS-261 (Choice of agent) ONLINE
09/15/2015 - Paid IV FEE and filled DS-260 ONLINE
10/20/2015 - Sent both AOS and IV packages trough USPS
10/28/2015 - Got email: Packages received by NVC (Scan date)
12/04/2015 - Called NVC: our case went for "Supervisor Review" (+45 days???)
12/24/2015 - Case Complete...!!! Thank you Lord!!!
12/24/2015 - Interview date scheduled: feb 23rd 2016!!!

23/02/2016 - Interview: Visa Approved

12/03/2016 - Point of Entry: Miami, FL - Perfect!

25/03/2016 - SSN received at mailbox

12/04/2016 - Green Card received at mailbox!!!! Whoohooo!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

When our case was stuck at supervisor review from June 25th (or around there), I thought we were the only ones with this problem but I'm sad to see that it seems to be a growing issue at NVC. :(

You can have a read through my signature, but we were basically stuck at NVC from June 25th, when the NVC rep put us on Supervisor review, and then we didn't hear anything from NVC until November 13th, when we got cc. So we were stuck in the Supervisor review lottery for almost five months and the only reason we got cc was because we involved our Senator.

All the things posted here, we were told too. In the beginning when we called we were told we had to wait the 42 days, then we were told several times that our case was with the supervisor and being reviewed "this week", then once they realized that our case had been under supervisor review for 50/60/70 days and so on, they started saying it should be reviewed "any day now".... :ranting: Don't believe a word the NVC reps on the phone say, most of them will say anything to get you off the phone. We kept calling and emailing (which is no point because after our third email, we realized it takes about 90 days to get a reply to any email), we demanded to speak to a supervisor etc etc. After almost 90 days on supervisor review, we contacted our Senator and his team made a request to NVC on our behalf. Our case then moved from this incredibly incompetent supervisor and to a special team that deals with Senator requests. It took that team exactly 42 days to review and complete our case.

When on supervisor review, it seems that either you hear something within 45 days or you have to fight your way to cc. :( We waited to involve our Senator because we tried other things first but my best advice to give to anyone stuck on supervisor review for more than 45 days, involve your Senator straight away on day 46.

Jontytyt, once the supervisor has reviewed your case, you're suppose to get either cc or a checklist.

Edit: If you haven't done so already, start keeping a log of every time you contact NVC and what they say. We included this with our request to the Senator.

Edited by mallafri76

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.