Hsforhelmet

Don't know where to start

43 posts in this topic

I think a lot of us on here were not really feeling ready to get married, but sometimes it's the only way to be together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think a lot of us on here were not really feeling ready to get married, but sometimes it's the only way to be together.

I guess that might be true for some, but I know we are ready....been together 5 years and lived for a year and half together overseas. To each their own, but people shouldn't be appyling for those visas if they aren't truly ready. Some of the is a symptom of the visa problem you stated though....really no other for some countries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's that easy to do? Just get engaged and they'll let me move?

No, it's not that easy. With a k1 visa, once you get over here, you have "within" 3 months to get married. If you do not marry within 3 months you will be deported back to Canada.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

This smells like POOP.....

A woman who wants to move to the US and stay with a friend....get a job.....and become a US citizen.

Now all of you are suggesting that she marry her friend just to get a visa......

This smells like immigration POOP.....fraud.

She NEVER once stated ANY intention of "serious relationship", "engagement", "marriage".........just wants a job and citizenship while living at a friends house.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

The OP and the 'friend' are already in a relationship.

Often Canadians, especially those in border towns, take advantage of the generous travel opportunities we are afforded. Her attitude doesn't sound or smell like poop, stop being judgmental.

Good luck

Nope......

It smells like poop

She had no intention of marriage (until strangers suggested that)......hence no engagement

She even posted this topic in the NON-family based visa forum.

She was looking for US citizenship based on...???

She was then told to marry her friend of a different sex to obtain a visa.

Like I originally said.....smells like immigration POOP.

......and on top of that a k-1 visa........The visa that can easily be used for illegal permanent entry into the US if the applicant so wishes to use it that way....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

......and on top of that a k-1 visa........The visa that can easily be used for illegal permanent entry into the US if the applicant so wishes to use it that way....

Tell me more?

Anyway she wanted the shack up with boyfriend visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hsforhelmet

Good things hard to get.

If your intention to work in USA it's not easy to get the working visa.

If you really want to see your boy friend try to apply for visitors visa.

Been next door (Canada to USA) it's not hard to see each other, American boy can visit you anytime.

In my case married to one year and 6 months and the relationship almost 6 years and past 3 years every six months my hubby came to Sri Lanka by traveling over 30 to 40 hours each trip and spending $1300 to $1400.

And Our time gap is like im 12 hours ahead.

So my point you just looking for a job.

Timeline

Hsforhelmet

Good things hard to get.

If your intention to work in USA it's not easy to get the working visa.

If you really want to see your boy friend try to apply for visitors visa.

Been next door (Canada to USA) it's not hard to see each other, American boy can visit you anytime.

In my case married to one year and 6 months and the relationship almost 6 years and past 3 years every six months my hubby came to Sri Lanka by traveling over 30 to 40 hours each trip and spending $1300 to $1400.

And Our time gap is like im 12 hours ahead.

So my point you just looking for a job.

Weirder and weirder.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It's that easy to do? Just get engaged and they'll let me move?

if you get engaged you must marry within 90 days of entering the US with your k-1 visa. It isn't as easy as merely getting engaged, it's a long, expensive endeavor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

See Id rather go the work visa route so I don't have the pressure of needing to be married in 90 days. Plus we've never lived together other than the week at a time I spend when I fly out there to see him which is also becoming very expensive.

So just to quickly recap, I can just start applying for jobs and if I'm offered one the employee will do most of the paper work required? Sorry for the dumb questions, I feel like I've been reading and reading and getting to definite or clear answers. Most of the stuff I've found online has me running in circles.

getting a work visa isn;t as simple as applying for a job and being petitioned by an employer. In order for a US employer to petition for you they must prove that there are no US citizens qualified to fill said position.Unless your career is in a highly specialized field your chances of getting a work visa are slim. I suggest you read the guides and do some studying. People cannot simply move to the US because they want to.

Timeline

Relationship depends on the culture.

Me and my husband we born in sri lanka even though he's an american citizen.

And I have no idea what do you mean by Weirder.

OP is Canadian, get you said to get a visitor visa?

I am going to guess that the only way it would take 30 hours is if she walked.

getting a work visa isn;t as simple as applying for a job and being petitioned by an employer. In order for a US employer to petition for you they must prove that there are no US citizens qualified to fill said position.Unless your career is in a highly specialized field your chances of getting a work visa are slim. I suggest you read the guides and do some studying. People cannot simply move to the US because they want to.

For some visas but not all visas.

Not that the OP currently has an obvious route to a work visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.