noway123456

LPR I-130 for daughter (unmarried and over 21) Checklist for daughter

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi,

I am assembling a packet for my mother-in-law's daughter for the I-130. She falls under the F2B category, she is over 21 but unmarried. My mother-in-law has had her green card for about eight months now.

I have searched the site for guides or any examples of a checklist that would be needed for the I-130 packet. I used the site's guides for my husband's AOS and it was so detailed and helped greatly. Now I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone can offer any help.

This is what I have assembled for the packet so far:

• Form I-130 with $420 fee
  • MIL green card copy
  • MIL birth certificate copy with translations
  • MIL passport copy
  • Daughter's birth certificate copy with translations
  • Daughter's passport copy
  • G-325A for MIL and Daughter with passport picture (x3) behind each form
  • I-864 with copies of tax transcripts, pay stubs, bank account statements.
  • Pictures of mother and daughter for relationship proof

Do I need to file form I-485 with the original I-130 packet or does that come after the approval. I see on the "Step bu Step" for I-130 for Spouse it is needed, but I do not know if it is needed for the daughter?

Is there anything else that I am missing?

Thanks!!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

You have stuff that is not needed.

You only need the following;

I-130, mom's GC, daughter's birth certificate with mom's name, and $420.

Don't need G-325a, I-864, or I-485. The I-864 will not be needed for 7+ years. The I-485 only applies for those adjusting with a current PD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi,

You have stuff that is not needed.

You only need the following;

I-130, mom's GC, daughter's birth certificate with mom's name, and $420.

Don't need G-325a, I-864, or I-485. The I-864 will not be needed for 7+ years. The I-485 only applies for those adjusting with a current PD.

Thank you so much! That saves me a whole lot of money.... for now

sorry, PD is priority date? And that can be found on the visa bulletins?

Edited by noway123456

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.