53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I brought my finance here on a K-1 VISA from Ghana. I dated this person three years prior to marrying him I believe with all my heart he truly love and care for me, but I would soon find out it was a lie. He entered the U.S March 2014 last and we married at the March everything seem good at the first five months. Then things begin to change he begin to stay up all night chatting later I found out that he was on different dating sites trying to meet other woman . We got into it and he promise it wouldn't happen again I loved him and I wanted our marriage to work and things started to get better. To my surprise I found out that he has been in another relationship in another town where he was supposedly working. Their pictures was all over the internet I was so hurt and went into depression, I realized he has another life with another family . He told people he was here on business and he had not attended to be with me. I am so confused right now until I don't know what to do he got his Ead and is waiting on his paperwork. I cant not afford the removal of condition ,Is there anything I can do please help me!!!! I have all the pictures of him and the other women together and even from the other dating sites

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gather all evidence and file for divorce ASAP.

Sorry this happened to you. Don't let him treat you like a doormat. Protect yourself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

GET DIVORCED QUICKLY!

Stop him from getting a GC if you can. He has committed Visa Fraud.

I am sorry for you, this is such a terrible story.

Can you report him to the authorities so he get's deported? This is just too wrong.

Edited by Starletha

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I'm really sorry about what's going on with you. It's a terrible place. Where exactly are you in the process? Does he have his green card or are you waiting for the interview/card to be printed? If he only has his EAD, you might be able to schedule an infopass appointment to cancel your I-864. You would also want to call USCIS and write them an official letter removing your sponsorship. You said he has another family (literally?) in Ghana or in America? If you have proof that he was married in Ghana than your marriage is invalid and can be reported in the same infopass. You'd need to bring any and all evidence you have. Beyond that, file for divorce and move on. You deserve someone better.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

I would consult a lawyer in addition to filing for divorce, in case there are some hurdles you will need to go through when the divorce gets filed. I read somewhere that if he has not gotten his interview yet, you can write a letter to USCIS asking them to withdraw your petition and refuse to attend any scheduled interviews - BUT he can still file for removal of conditions even without your signature, which is where you may need the help of a lawyer.

I guess the main point is to prevent him from receiving his permanent green card, because you won't be able to do much at that point, even after divorce.

K1 Timeline:

02/28/2014 - I-129F Submitted
04/08/2014 - I-129F NOA2 Received

07/03/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 1 (Result: Sputum Culture)

09/18/2014 - SLEC Medical Appointment 2 (Result: Passed)

10/14/2014 - K1 Visa Interview (Result: Approved)

10/23/2014 - K1 Visa Issued

11/09/2014 - Entered USA (POE: Los Angeles)

01/02/2015 - Wedding Day

AOS Timeline:

03/02/2015 - I-485 Submitted (with I-765 & I-131)

03/13/2015 - I-485 NOA Received (with NOA for I-765 & I-131)

03/30/2015 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

05/12/2015 - I-785 & I-131 Approved

05/20/2015 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

06/10/2015 - AOS Interview (Result: Approved)

06/18/2015 - Conditional Green Card Received

ROC Timeline:

05/15/2017 - I-751 Submitted 
05/26/2017 - I-751 NOA Received 
06/13/2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed

07/18/2017 - Extension NOA Received (twelve month extension)
03/05/2018 - I-751 Received by Local Office
04/20/2018 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on Passport, six-month extension)

06/18/2018 - Extension NOA Received (eighteen month extension)

10/29/2019 - Infopass Appointment (Result: I-551 Stamp on new Passport)

11/06/2019 - I-751 Approved

11/14/2019 - Permanent Green Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

He only had has EAD card he has not receive any paperwork yet

Please speak to a lawyer if you can. This is not right and he is not entitled to a GC.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Protect yourself, please listen to everyone on here. Write who you need to and RUN!!! Divorce and make sure you withdraw the I 864.. Do an infopass quickly... Good luck and God bless

He only had has EAD card he has not receive any paperwork yet

Follow the example in this thread to withdraw I-864

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474740-how-exactly-to-withdraw-an-i-864/

Act fast, protect yourself.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Timeline

I brought my finance here on a K-1 VISA from Ghana. I dated this person three years prior to marrying him I believe with all my heart he truly love and care for me, but I would soon find out it was a lie. He entered the U.S March 2014 last and we married at the March everything seem good at the first five months. Then things begin to change he begin to stay up all night chatting later I found out that he was on different dating sites trying to meet other woman . We got into it and he promise it wouldn't happen again I loved him and I wanted our marriage to work and things started to get better. To my surprise I found out that he has been in another relationship in another town where he was supposedly working. Their pictures was all over the internet I was so hurt and went into depression, I realized he has another life with another family . He told people he was here on business and he had not attended to be with me. I am so confused right now until I don't know what to do he got his Ead and is waiting on his paperwork. I cant not afford the removal of condition ,Is there anything I can do please help me!!!! I have all the pictures of him and the other women together and even from the other dating sites

Sorry that this happened to you. Withdraw the I-864 and file for divorce ASAP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

VJ has a separate forum for this sort of situation, lots of similar scenarios.

Wonder what his long term plan is?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Get him out of your life (you don't want a fraudulent VAWA claim) and pull the I-864. Sorry this has happened to you.

There seems to be quite a few of these stories around at the moment, there is even a section for it on VJ where you will find posts from others with a similar experience that you might find helpful to read.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.