Ilovemyman

Long ap and second interview

19 posts in this topic

Hello everybody.

I have a year in ap, my k1 interview was on march 2014.

The senator office is involved abd they got an e-mail today saying that a second interview is needed.

the consulate has my passport and my medical is expired already, i know that for the second interview i will need a new medical.

Who here has experienced a second interview?

How was this second interview?

I mean if you go to a second interview, do they ask the same questions that at the first?

I hope that someone who have done a second interview answer.

I havent received any letter from consulate yet.

Thanks.

Edited by Ilovemyman

Progress! Fingers crossed for you :)

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Our second interview was to say my husband was inadmissible and they gave him some documents back.

Hopefully your second interview will go better than ours' did. You should still go into this thing thinking they are going to question you again. Then if they don't and give you a visa, it will be a pleasant surprise.

To go to the second interview did your husband repeat his medical exam?

or he onky went to the interview.

Why did they find your husband inamisible?

Wich reason did they say?

Our second interview was to say my husband was inadmissible and they gave him some documents back.

Hopefully your second interview will go better than ours' did. You should still go into this thing thinking they are going to question you again. Then if they don't and give you a visa, it will be a pleasant surprise.

To go to the second interview did your husband repeat his medical exam?

or he onky went to the interview.

Why did they find your husband inamisible?

Wich reason did they say?

No he did not repeat his medical or police cert.

CIMT (which we knew and disclosed) also 6cii misrepresentation although the didn't tell us what he misrepresented

its not unusual to have to get another medical exam. Usually if the exam is more than 6 months, they will ask for that. Its not a big deal. It might not be an interview, it might just be to drop off the new documents and medical exam. Don't get crazy thinking about it. Just follow the instruction letter and attend . They told my husband he would have to come back for another interview once his waiver was approved. It turned out to be just a drop off and then they issued the visa a few days later and he just went to pick it up. It was NOTHING.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

its not unusual to have to get another medical exam. Usually if the exam is more than 6 months, they will ask for that. Its not a big deal. It might not be an interview, it might just be to drop off the new documents and medical exam. Don't get crazy thinking about it. Just follow the instruction letter and attend . They told my husband he would have to come back for another interview once his waiver was approved. It turned out to be just a drop off and then they issued the visa a few days later and he just went to pick it up. It was NOTHING.

sigh... wish my case had went this smooth. i think we are cursed.

On december they asked for a certification and my passport. On january 22 i sent the certification and my passport.

today i got an E-mail from embassy with my interview date april 1.

They dont ask for a new medical and nothing.

They only say that i have to go with the e-mail and my passport.

I dont know if they will send the passport back again ,, anyway i will go without the passport because they have it aleeady

Congratulations! Ive been following your case and im really happy that you finally got a response..how did they get your passport again?

Filed: Timeline

Some 2nd interviews are referred to as AR (but everyone case is different)

AR does not need medical or police certs. They will ask some & more of

the same questions to clarify some things especially if CIMT is involved.

Bear in mind it could be just a few questions, Best of luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If you don't mind me asking, I'm not familiar with your case. What was the reason of your 1 year AP? And why they need a second interview with you guys? Hopefully you get the news you looking for. Good luck!

If you don't mind me asking, I'm not familiar with your case. What was the reason of your 1 year AP? And why they need a second interview with you guys? Hopefully you get the news you looking for. Good luck!

Long story i will try to be short.

I went to my interview march 18, 2014, everything was good, consul said: congratulations your visa is approved go to pay the delivery service, i paid the delivery service and they took my passport.

After few days my status changed to ap, i though it was normal before isdue the visa, days passed and nothing.

I asked and all i got was need wait.

After 5 months they sent me back my passport with a letter with one line saying that my case was in ap, august 2014.

On september 2014 they said that usc had criminal record, my fiance sent his records clear without problem.

They got his records on october 2014.

Then on november they changed the story and said that me, the beneficiary had criminal records, wich wasnt truth never i had problem .

They said that i had been arrested 2 times.

I sent a new police certificate and a sworn statement and notarized saying that i havent been arrested.

They got that on november 2014.

Then on december 2014 they sent a new letter asking for a certification that show that i dont have any case against me at the justice and my passport.

I sent that on january 22.

Nothing happened, then my fiance contacted his sanator office at Pensylvania, and the senator office e-maild the consulate on february 10.

The consulate answered that they were waiting the certification to continue with the case ( so irrespobsible, because i had sent that on january 22,2015)

Then sanator office e-mailed them again and told them that they had the certification and my passport from january 22.

Then they said that i would receive my visa in 3 weeks.

3 weeks passed and no visa.

Senator office e-mail them again and they say that the case is still in ap.

Yesterday my fiance e-mailed his sanator office complain by the bad job of the embassy , senator office e-mail them yesterday again and then they answered that a second interview is needed.

And today they sent me an e-mail with the interview date fir april 1.

I hope that they will take a desision now.

I dont jnow how tgey have that mistake on their records because never i havent been arrested.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.