wecandoit

got a 221g form after interview what does it mean?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good morning to you all members, I am a new member here and just join today, I went to my interview at Accra Ghana Consulate, after my interview the Co gave me a white papper containing 221g law of the US, she did not told me the reason and gave back all my documents to me with my passport, I and my wife are frustrated now because it has been long years on this process, what is the next step for us, I need your help please.. thank you..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving to AP and Waivers forum for more expert answers ****

Welcome! I am sorry you had a bad experience; the embassy you went through is known to be difficult. A few questions so we can help you better:

- Tell us a bit about your relationship, for example is there a bit age or religious difference? Have you been petitioned before? How often did you and your wife meet before the interview and for how long?

- What did the interview concentrate on/ were there any questions you could not answer?

- What exactly doe the 221g say?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

What was written on the paper she gave you?

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

Thank you very much for your reply, I met my wife on FB, on July 17, 2011 and she came to Ghana Feb.13, 2013 and we got married on Feb, 15. 2013, we spent just 6 days when she came to Ghana due to her short vaccation at work, I have never been petioned before, I have never been to even the embassy before it was my first tme, she asked me the name of my wife boss and honestly i told her i didn't know, that was the only question i couldn't answer but we had alot of emails and pictures and fb chats it was soo much, rather than that I answer most all of her questions.. my wife is a Christian and I am a Muslim,

The 221g says we are unable to issue a visa in the above mentioned case because the applicant has been found ineligible under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). This section prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whoe application does not comply with the INA or regulations issued pursuant thereto.

We will return the above case files to the USCIS office that originally processed the subject petitions. and they also said we should not contact their Embassy regarding this case or even the USCIS. it may take up to six month for the case to be forwarded, they said we should wait until we receive notification from them.

Timeline

I am 31 and my wife is 44

Your age shouldn't have anything to do with it. Where there questions asked that could not be answered? Were there documents needed that you did not have?

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Timeline

No the only question I couldn't answer was just what I posted earlier, but for documents she didn't asked me any documents... and she didn't tell me the reason why, so what is the next step please, I need your help, my wife has been sick since yesterday because of this bad news..

Sorry to hear this.

I feel your pain, that mean that they will send your case to uscis again for review.

2 things can happen uscis can reafirme the case and send the petition to embassy again and you will have a new interview.

Or uscis can revoke the case and deny the case.

Sometimes when they send back a case, normaly the casevexpire at uscis.

Then uscis send a letter saying that the case has expired.

During this time all you can do is wait that they send a letter to your wife.

For all you say the co didnt belive in your marriage.

You have a big red flag, only met one time and got married very quick.

Thank you very much for your reply, I met my wife on FB, on July 17, 2011 and she came to Ghana Feb.13, 2013 and we got married on Feb, 15. 2013, we spent just 6 days when she came to Ghana due to her short vaccation at work, I have never been petioned before, I have never been to even the embassy before it was my first tme, she asked me the name of my wife boss and honestly i told her i didn't know, that was the only question i couldn't answer but we had alot of emails and pictures and fb chats it was soo much, rather than that I answer most all of her questions.. my wife is a Christian and I am a Muslim,

The 221g says we are unable to issue a visa in the above mentioned case because the applicant has been found ineligible under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). This section prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whoe application does not comply with the INA or regulations issued pursuant thereto.

We will return the above case files to the USCIS office that originally processed the subject petitions. and they also said we should not contact their Embassy regarding this case or even the USCIS. it may take up to six month for the case to be forwarded, they said we should wait until we receive notification from them.

I am sure that the problem here was the time spent together and that you got marry at the first visit.

All you can do is wait to see what happen, and if they deny , then start a new petition

Timeline

I told my wife to request for a vacation to come to Ghana,will that help, and also does it mean if my case is deny or expires at uscis we need to start all the process again ? help please,

Timeline

if should in case we are denied at uscis does my wife has to come to Ghana for us to re-marry again or I want your more advice that will make me strong, I am really down since yesterday, as for my wife she is even sick as I am posting all this to find some reason to make her know no matter what we will be together, please help..

Timeline

I want to know do I and my wife still have a chance to be together again, I mean do we have the chance for my visa to be approved again ? the Co handed over all my documents including my passport with the white sheet containing 221(g) ? all your advise will be appreciated, please help..

All you can do is wait, to see what will happen.

If they deny, you dont nee re-marry you are marry already.

If they deby all your wife has to do is start a new patition again.

I want to know do I and my wife still have a chance to be together again, I mean do we have the chance for my visa to be approved again ? the Co handed over all my documents including my passport with the white sheet containing 221(g) ? all your advise will be appreciated, please help..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The first problem is you're going through Ghana, which, thanks to your fellow countrymen preceeding you, is notoriously one of the most difficult embassies in all of the world to get approved through.

I believe the largest issue at hand is that your only actual physical time together has been 6 days, on the second of which you got married on. Huge red flag for that embassy.

The second flag is that you're both of different religions, which as I understand it from other posts here is generally frowned upon in Nigerian culture. It's one of those things that counts for a lot more going through Lagos than through most other embassies.

Third is the age difference. For *most* countries this wouldn't be seen as much of an issue, however for Nigeria and the focus on family and children there, again, as I understand the culture, this compounds hugely against you with the other flags to your case, especially since she's getting towards the age where Shark Week ceases.

Considering all these it's little wonder it was denied. Some of these things you can work on, others you cannot.

To apply in the future, she should consider many and as frequent as possible trips to see you over the next couple of years, so you have solid face time to show the embassy. The chances of you getting a tourist visa to go see her are slim to none, in my opinion.

Or, you two can work on her moving to Nigeria to be with you, which would be exceptionally easier.

Those are pretty much your options, as I see them.

Edited by Avery Cates

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.