13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone. Did a search but couldn't get clear answers. Apologies to the Mods if this has been covered before.

Okay, My wife and I submitted i485 packet to adjust status. It got rejected because we wrote the wrong address(foreign) instead of our US address on the g-1145(part 1).

On the g1145, the i797c said that, "...You application, payment and suporting documents are being returned to you because the address is outside of the US. THe form type you are attempting to file requires that the individual provide a US address."

This is our mistake. The packet was rejected and sent back to her home in S.Korea. It was resent to us(by her sister) and im now resubmitting after fixing my mistakes.

On the i-131 and i-765 both have a i-797c notice attached but there is no reason of mistake. The only reason given was on the g-1145 which is stated above. I know that if we make one mistake on one form, the rest are linked together hence being rejected. If there are other mistakes would be it be clearly written on the i-797c?

Do I redo the i-131 and the i-765 along with the new(corrected) g-1145?

Thank you for you help everyone.

Edited by Tracy123B

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would redo all the forms so they show all the same dates on the signature area. No reason to take a chance of another rejection or RFE if the forms have different dates.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You only need to correct the mistake that got your submission rejected. If the other forms had no mistakes, then they can be sent back as they are. Include a copy of the rejection notice on top and re-send your package.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I am confused though. You said you made a mistake on the G-1145. That form does not ask for an address or if you have filed before. It asks your name, e-mail and phone number only. That is the entire form.

You have not applied before. Your application was rejected and never accepted for processing. You did not need to redo the whole form, just correct whatever was wrong to cause the rejection and send it back.

What visa are you adjusting from?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

I am confused though. You said you made a mistake on the G-1145. That form does not ask for an address or if you have filed before. It asks your name, e-mail and phone number only. That is the entire form.

You have not applied before. Your application was rejected and never accepted for processing. You did not need to redo the whole form, just correct whatever was wrong to cause the rejection and send it back.

What visa are you adjusting from?

We are adjusting from K1.

We made a mistake on the i485 and put the wrong address. On the 2nd page there is a check box where it asks if we have applied before. Im not sure if i should check yes or no.

Thanks a lot for your input KayDeeCee.

Timeline

Check No. You have not actually applied before. Your application was rejected, and they returned everything. You need to re-file. This is not the same as having your application accepted for processing and then receiving an RFE.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

No. The receipt notice typically takes longer than a week. I would give it around 2 weeks, but it can take up to 30 days.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

You may or may not get an interview. Not everyone adjusting from a K-1 gets interviewed. Go to the reviews section and select your local USCIS office to check out experiences others have had at the same office. You can also look in the AOS Progress Reports forum. Some people leave posts about how their interviews went there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.