isdcaptain

k-1 visa interview questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello, my fiancée has her k1 visa interview coming up at Islamabad shortly. I was wondering about some of the questions they ask such as

1. Why are you getting married in the U.S. and not in your home country?

I was telling my fiancée to say the following "the reason why we are getting married in the U.S. instead of home country is due to the fact that the k1 visa process demands that we get married within 90 days in the US, so we will follow that policy and come back later to our home country to do an after marriage ceremony"

is that a legitimate answer?

also, suppose a fiancée obtains the k1 visa and the couple get married in Pakistan, then travel to the US and get married under US law, would that work as well? or that would violate the K1 visa purpose?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ouch!

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello, my fiancée has her k1 visa interview coming up at Islamabad shortly. I was wondering about some of the questions they ask such as

I was telling my fiancée to say the following "the reason why we are getting married in the U.S. instead of home country is due to the fact that the k1 visa process demands that we get married within 90 days in the US, so we will follow that policy and come back later to our home country to do an after marriage ceremony"

also, suppose a fiancée obtains the k1 visa and the couple get married in Pakistan, then travel to the US and get married under US law, would that work as well? or that would violate the K1 visa purpose?

Doesn't sound very convincing.

On top of that, I never understood the reason for "preparing" for a visa interview. If your love is real and the purpose of the marriage is because of that reason, then there is no need to prepare anything and just go and answer the questions the same way as you would answer them to a friend.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you marry in pak your k1 visa becomes invalid..and u will start over again the cri visa process,,,

(F)USCIS

Citizenship

01 January 2018: Online application

02 January 2018: NOA

06 January 2018: Biometric Notice

22 January 2018: Biometric appointment

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The K-1 visa is to marry ONLY in the US. Period. If you marry in her home country before traveling with her k-1, the visa would be VOID not annulled and you would have to pursue the CR1. If you marry before she travels and attempt to use the k-1 to enter the US, when you are caught she will will have a lifetime ban from the US. So if you're thinking of doing that get it out of your head, unless you want to live in Pakistan :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.