Toforo

PAPERWORK? Embassy Interview - 25 March 2015!

27 posts in this topic

Ok - now that May has successfully made it through the St. Luke's physical - this brings her to the interview.....
NEXT!

Using Hank's Handy Dandy Guide - and viewing a HOST of other Google'able pages, this is what I have currently LISTED that she's taking to her interview:
25 March 2015

You must bring the following documentation when you come to the Embassy for your interview:

Your NVC File Number: MNLXxXxXxXx
(My personal data "biometrics" - name, address, contact phone number)
==============================================================
1. ONLINE NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (DS-160) CONFIRMATION PAGE. You must print the DS-160 Confirmation Page that contains the barcode information and bring it to your interview (the 2 page confirmation page must be printed out to bring to the interview - two copies with you?)
2. Additional Photo Identification (NBI? and Postal ID?)
3. BPI Passport Payment Receipt from the bank (and at least one copy)
4. The "online interview" email confirmation from the embassy print four copies (keep one for interview day),
5. PASSPORT. Must be valid for at least six (6) months (it is).
6. BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Must be issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) on security paper
7. POLICE REPORT (NBI Clearance).
8. OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES (Jordan Police Clearance - ORIGINAL COPY)
9. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT. (Your Ring receipt, the "Intent to Marry within 90-Days" Afidavit (the one you mailed a copy of this TO me - same one)
Vacation photographs, wedding plans (civil marriage when you get here)
10. CERTIFICATE OF NO MARRIAGE RECORD (CENOMAR).
11. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form from me and my banking/financial documents.
12. VISA PHOTOGRAPHS. You must bring three (3) color photographs; two for the visa and one for the medical report.
13. MEDICAL EXAMINATION. All K1 visa applicants must bring a medical examination report from St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic - The sealed envelope, the immunization record, and the x-ray on CD
====================================================
So please - lend me your EYES as she works from this list to prepare herself (hopefully) FINAL CHECKLIST for paperwork she needs AT and DURING her Embassy interview.
Feel free to chime in with thoughts, input, MISSING STUFF, and anything else that gives me the "warm-fuzzies"
So Thanks!
Chris.

Ok - now that May has successfully made it through the St. Luke's physical - this brings her to the interview.....

NEXT!

Using Hank's Handy Dandy Guide - and viewing a HOST of other Google'able pages, this is what I have currently LISTED that she's taking to her interview:

25 March 2015

You must bring the following documentation when you come to the Embassy for your interview:

1. ONLINE NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (DS-160) CONFIRMATION PAGE. You must print the DS-160 Confirmation Page that contains the barcode information and bring it to your interview (the 2 page confirmation page must be printed out to bring to the interview - two copies with you?)
2. Additional Photo Identification (NBI? and Postal ID?)
4. The "online interview" email confirmation from the embassy print four copies (keep one for interview day),
6. BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Must be issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) on security paper
9. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT. (Your Ring receipt, the "Intent to Marry within 90-Days" Afidavit (the one you mailed a copy of this TO me - same one)
11. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form from me and my banking/financial documents.
12. VISA PHOTOGRAPHS. You must bring three (3) color photographs; two for the visa and one for the medical report.
13. MEDICAL EXAMINATION. All K1 visa applicants must bring a medical examination report from St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic - The sealed envelope, the immunization record, and the x-ray on CD
So please - lend me your EYES as she works from this list to prepare herself (hopefully) FINAL CHECKLIST for paperwork she needs AT and DURING her Embassy interview.
Feel free to chime in with thoughts, input, MISSING STUFF, and anything else that gives me the "warm-fuzzies"
So Thanks!
Chris.

Just be sure you have everything that is contained in the embassy letter. Click on the turning arrow in my signature and use it as a checklist. Normally that's all you need.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

NEXT!

25 March 2015

2. Additional Photo Identification (NBI? and Postal ID?) ADDITIONAL ID NOT NEEDED

11. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form from me and my banking/financial documents. Banking/financial documents not needed. Most recent tax return and W2 should accompany the I-134 with original signature.

13. MEDICAL EXAMINATION. All K1 visa applicants must bring a medical examination report from St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic - The sealed envelope, the immunization record, and the x-ray on CD DS-3025 vaccination record and x-ray CD not needed for the interview

So Thanks!

Chris.

... Always use the embassy instructions letter as your checklist.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

Contact Hank: HERE

K-1 visa approved 21 March 2012

...Citizenship... complete!

Just be sure you have everything that is contained in the embassy letter. Click on the turning arrow in my signature and use it as a checklist. Normally that's all you need.

Greenbaum yee'ole'salt -

She's never received the embassy letter (that is apparently happening a LOT lately)

(Yes, she has her MNL# and a confirmed appointment)

As far as using the specific checklist that you referenced - been there, done that - yes your actual referenced link.

I'm blind in one eye (LITERALLY my friend) and what I'm asking for is NOT a "reference letter" with which to check my work - I'm ACTUALLY looking for someone to "double-check" my list to theirs and make sure I've got it covered.

One-eye, a lacking depth-perception, and a flat-screen monitor lends itself to a dangerous course of "missing" the important word here or there.....

Cheers!

... Always use the embassy instructions letter as your checklist.

Hank_

She's never received the embassy letter (that is apparently happening a LOT lately)

(and as posted to Greenbaum.....)

As far as using the specific checklist that you referenced - been there, done that - yes your actual referenced link.

I'm blind in one eye (LITERALLY my friend) and what I'm asking for is NOT a "reference letter" with which to check my work - I'm ACTUALLY looking for someone to "double-check" my list to theirs and make sure I've got it covered.

One-eye, a lacking depth-perception, and a flat-screen monitor lends itself to a dangerous course of "missing" the important word here or there.....

Cheers!

Hank_

(and as posted to Greenbaum.....)

Cheers!

The embassy instructions letter is not mailed out, it is online. Link to the instructions letter is in the link below (flashing arrow ;) ) But I did make notation in my other post in regards to your list.

Hank

HandArrow.gif.adeb854ba620933849ae921ca0b44a0c.gif  Link to the Visa Process for Manila Embassy once you have your NOA2 : Click Here

The embassy instructions letter is not mailed out, it is online. Link to the instructions letter is in the link below (flashing arrow ;) ) But I did make notation in my other post in regards to your list.

Hank_ I DID actually notice your "HIGHLIGHTED" notations after about the 4th time of reading the thread I started, lol - Thank you!

My dad was blind in one eye, never slowed him down. Come deer hunting he always got his deer... now me being color blind, different story :lol:

Hank

Greenbaum yee'ole'salt -

(Yes, she has her MNL# and a confirmed appointment)

Cheers!

Sorry but did not know about your eye condition. We get people asking all the time about their documents and if they have everything. It takes a lot of time to go over everyone's list and as it is many of the questions asked can be answered by using the search feature. Most are happy to answer but we don't have time to do their visa process.

That's why Hank, me and others add guides in our signature. Hank created a website to help. I use Microsoft Office one note where I place answers from research and when that question is asked over and over its easy to answer. People can be lazy and not try and search first. There are those who will question your answer. They seem not to believe.

Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

And when are you sending a copy my way? ........ :clock::lol:

Hank

Interview at the US Embassy on 25 March 2015 - and her visa was....

APPROVED!

Count-down to visa-delivery begins......

:dancing:

Congratulations!

If you have not completed CFO, that's next.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Congrats!! :dancing: Now the last l-o-n-g wait (ok it only seems long :lol:)

Hank

I'm sorry Greenbaum - but according to Hank's hand-dandy guide, we must have the visa in hand BEFORE we schedule CFO - correct?

Or - did I miss something?

You can do it two ways. You choose.

1. Wait till you get your visa and then schedule your appointment with Manila CFO (there is an office in Cebu if that is more convenient). The advantage to waiting for the visa is they still need to place it in your passport/visa. Done!

2. You can schedule now and get it out of the way, but you will need to return to any CFO office to have your sticker affixed to your passport/visa. A little more time consuming doing it this way but if you live in Manila or Cebu, it helps you think your making progress, and gives you something to do. Wait some more!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.