edba2406

DCF I-130 US Embassy Manila (PLEASE HELP)

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello....

My wife had a conditional Greencard that had expired due to our length of stay here in the Philippines. Since, its a GreenCard with conditional (Fiance Petition) she was not qualified to file a Return Resident Visa. We were told that we needed to start all over and file a spouse petition. We have our two son's who are both American Citizen and I will be leaving the country very soon without my family. This is very difficult for all of us as I will be separated from my family until my wife get's approved for her Greencard.

I filed a I-130 Petition at the US Embassy Manila on March 12, 2015. Does anyone know how we can expedite the process?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hello....

My wife had a conditional Greencard that had expired due to our length of stay here in the Philippines. Since, its a GreenCard with conditional (Fiance Petition) she was not qualified to file a Return Resident Visa. We were told that we needed to start all over and file a spouse petition. We have our two son's who are both American Citizen and I will be leaving the country very soon without my family. This is very difficult for all of us as I will be separated from my family until my wife get's approved for her Greencard.

I filed a I-130 Petition at the US Embassy Manila on March 12, 2015. Does anyone know how we can expedite the process?

Oh, sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, I think you should expect it to take anywhere from 15 months-2 years. I'm also an American citizen with 2 children who are both American citizens, my spouse is from the EU and we've been married for over 9 years, and STILL it's taken us since Oct. 2013 to finally get to the point where my husband will have his interview here in Helsinki on April 9th. And I know it stinks, but since she is from the Phillipines, she might expect a harder/longer time. I'm not racist by any means, but I say this because some of my good, personal friends are from the Phillipines, and the always, sadly, seem to face discrimination just because of where they are from. :( Is there any way to avoid the separation? If you were to stay there? I can't imagine how hard it will be to be apart . . .

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh, sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, I think you should expect it to take anywhere from 15 months-2 years. I'm also an American citizen with 2 children who are both American citizens, my spouse is from the EU and we've been married for over 9 years, and STILL it's taken us since Oct. 2013 to finally get to the point where my husband will have his interview here in Helsinki on April 9th. And I know it stinks, but since she is from the Phillipines, she might expect a harder/longer time. I'm not racist by any means, but I say this because some of my good, personal friends are from the Phillipines, and the always, sadly, seem to face discrimination just because of where they are from. :( Is there any way to avoid the separation? If you were to stay there? I can't imagine how hard it will be to be apart . . .

What are you talking about.....????

None of the rambling in this answer is true....

Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

Are you filing direct from the US Embassy Manila? It's faster if the I-130 is filed via US Embassy Consular in Manila. I read some threads on this website that some are completing the process and getting approved within a 1 month and some 3 months. I was wondering if our situation would expedite the process since most I have read who completed the process in a few months have no kids and never had a Greencard.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What would be the basis of an expedite, DCF is about as fast as it gets.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

What would be the basis of an expedite, DCF is about as fast as it gets.

The US Embassy Manila DCF said, it will take up to 6 to 9 months. However, I have read on this site that some have completed the process within a month or more. Trying to find out how I can complete this in a month or two.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah....6-9 months sounds about right......I knew a patriot that took almost 12 months because he did not file US taxes while living in Pinas. So had to back file his taxes before he could get the interview.

Timeline

Yeah....6-9 months sounds about right......I knew a patriot that took almost 12 months because he did not file US taxes while living in Pinas. So had to back file his taxes before he could get the interview.

Timeline

What are you talking about.....????

None of the rambling in this answer is true....

Wow. That was incredibly rude. This has been my situation and experience in filing the I -130 spouse petition for my husband. Whether you choose to believe it or not, that's your decision, but it doesn't change the fact that it has taken this long-over 1.5 years long. That's the normal time frames now if going through regular channels. As for expedition . . . Of course it can be faster. And it is also true, that some of my dear friends who are philippinos have experienced terrible discrimination in getting any types of visas to the US just because they are phillippinos. It is just an ugly fact which might lengthen the process and was my point.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wow. That was incredibly rude. This has been my situation and experience in filing the I -130 spouse petition for my husband. Whether you choose to believe it or not, that's your decision, but it doesn't change the fact that it has taken this long-over 1.5 years long. That's the normal time frames now if going through regular channels. As for expedition . . . Of course it can be faster. And it is also true, that some of my dear friends who are philippinos have experienced terrible discrimination in getting any types of visas to the US just because they are phillippinos. It is just an ugly fact which might lengthen the process and was my point.

I will let others comment whether it was rude or not.

The OP was asking about their situation not yours and it is a matter of fact that to the extent there is any discrimination it has been in favour of PI petitions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I will let others comment whether it was rude or not.

The OP was asking about their situation not yours and it is a matter of fact that to the extent there is any discrimination it has been in favour of PI petitions.

?? Now this doesn't make sense. Why would I need others to decide if it's rude or not? It was. End of story. I know the queation wasn't asking about my situation, but I was trying to give a basis as to why I suggested it would take so long, and my experience was a case in point. If you people on here who haven't experienced prejudice, then I'm happy for them, truly! I wish it never ever did but it does happen and is something to consider.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

The US Embassy Manila DCF said, it will take up to 6 to 9 months. However, I have read on this site that some have completed the process within a month or more. Trying to find out how I can complete this in a month or two.

File the petition using an Infopass appointment. This usually speeds up the process a bit. Don't expect anything to take a month or two. This might be possible in Frankfurt, but not Manila with the work load they have.

have experienced terrible discrimination in getting any types of visas to the US just because they are phillippinos.

This is absolutely not true. I feel they just simply descriminate everyone because they are DOS and you want something from them. And it just appears that Philippinos are more descrimanted than others, simply because that there are more then others trying to get visa. My wife's a German citizen and had to go through a lot of BS and "descrimination", too. It is just how the DOS works.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Okay, let it be told from the perspective of someone who has actually filed DCF in Manila.

Just check on my timeline below. I had all the required paperwork when I filed DCF on 11Dec2014. Approved in 9 working days.

I followed up right after the holidays and got a response from the Embassy with our MNL Case number in 1 month, 2 days (16 working Days).

Getting the MNL Case number is important because from there, you can schedule your Medical with St Luke's Extension Clinic as well as scheduling the interview with the Embassy.

If all your stars align and you have the needed paperwork, you family can be with you within 2 months, 1 month+ at the very best.

No discrimination experienced when dealing with the US Embassy. Foreign service personnel are trained to interview in depth and root out any grey areas in your case. Perhaps this is what's being perceived as discrimination. We had everything we needed and our personal histories checked out and as a result, everything went by fairly quickly. We haven't left yet because we have to sell/give away/ship to the US things accumulated over 14 years of living here.

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

If you've filed already, you're all set for now.

But you/your loved ones need to take charge and not sit back. Call USCIS Manila after a week or two weeks and ask about the status of your petition.

Once it's approved, email the Immigrant Visa Section everyday until you get your MNL Case number.

As I've posted above, I've just gone thru this (DCF process) with my wife (She's the intending immigrant). So if you have any questions, post here, send me a PM, or just read on my experiences in the link in my signature below.

Good luck.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Our case is taking longer than needed because the wife works in a southern province half the month and we've been taking our time getting all the documents needed for the interview. If you stay ahead of the game, this will go by in 1-2months, not the 6+ months timeframe people have posted above.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

==========

==========

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.