Kostetskaya

New here- case transfer

3 posts in this topic

Hi, new here, just been browsing the site for a year and a half, trying to get my husband to the US.

background info:

Husband is Moldova, as I am, but I have dual citizenship.

We have a daughter together, also a US citizen.

When we filed in September 2013, we were residing in Italy, but on the last leg of our process we moved to our home country of Moldova.

So when we were given our interview date, it was for Naples, Italy. (March 10th) And I requested a case transfer which after a couple hundred phone calls to both embassies and the NVC, the transfer was made happen. So now were waiting for the Moldovan consulate to give us an interview date

The question is,

Would a case transfer REALLY take this long? It's been weeks. The Moldovan consulate isn't very "busy" per say. They issue the visa th next business day and schedule your interview within a week. Should I call and ask for an update? Or is that nagging therefore frowned upon?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You did not mention when your case was transferred from US Embassy in Naples Italy to that in Moldova.

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

That I don't know for sure, anytime I asked it was either were getting around to it, or the electronic file has been sent we're working on sending the paperwork. But based of all the info, it was sent around end of February.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.