JamesRenee

Our own thread

77 posts in this topic

Many of the people who are approved quickly are newbies and have no idea there is a longer waiting period to be approved through TSC,

And so then when TSC filers comment to that effect to let them KNOW, we're "being negative" and our posts are removed. This the the heart of my post and I'm not sure how you missed that.

I don;t think they are gloating, I think that they are simply happy.

Some people 100% are, for sure. Some even start additional threads about the same exact thing after their original post gets moved out of the umbrella K1 board to the "Progress Reports" board where it belongs because not enough people have congratulated them yet. Some others make extra sure to hit home the lightening speed and thank whatever god they pray to for not being at TSC. Often, on a thread started by a TSC person. These people, I'm assuming, are trolls. Again, this is an issue I addressed in my post that you conveniently seem to have not read.

If the tables were turned you would be happy, as well.

Yep, sure would. And then when someone would tell me that there's a problem elsewhere and photos of my quick NOAs could help others, without harming me, I'd at least have the courtesy to reply to the person, rather than get all butthurt that someone's "raining on my parade". Yet again, this is the meat of my post.

I have yet to see a single person say.."oh look at us, we were approved in a week and you suckers at TSC are still waiting at 6 months neener neener" That is the way you are coming across.

Of course not. I never claimed that type of thing, even from the probable trolls (who are a slight more subtle). If that's all you really get from my post, then I think that you've gone with an emotional reaction rather than bothered to process what the actual *point* is and there's nothing I can do to help you there.

No one has any control over the service center they get. If people want to share their quick approvals I don;t think others should make them feel guilty over something they have no control over.

If someone feels guilty because they're told to calm down about a 3 week wait (comparing themselves to the 10-day folks) because others are rounding 200 days, well I don't know what to do for them. Again, the actual situation outlined. I'm not talking about the "yay got my NOA2 and wow it was 3 weeks" folks. I don't bother even looking at them. What I'm talking about is fundamentally different, and if you don't see it, again, I can't help you.

At some point in each and every person's journey at some point you will have to wait. Whether it's at the petition stage at USCIS, or at the NVC, or AP after the interview, or at AOS, removing conditions, naturalization....For us our petition was approved quickly, but after my husband's interview he had AP . Then when we removed conditions we waited 7 months when others were waiting merely days or a few weeks. We applied for removal of conditions the same exact day as friends of ours. Their removal of conditions approval came in literally 11 days, same service center, our husbands are even from the same country. When their approval came so fast she was afraid to tell me because she didn't want me to be sad. But I wasn;t sad or upset or jealous, quite the contrary. I was VERY happy for them. Why wouldn't I be?

I know waiting isn't easy, when my husband was in AP the sadness of not knowing when his visa would be issued was stressful. But we made the best of it. I didn't sit on visa journey night and day and cry or get upset over all of the approvals of others who applied well after us, I shared in their joy and knew our day would come. There is a woman I met here way back when I first found VJ in early 2012, her husband is from Pakistan, she petitioned her husband more than a full year before us in late 2010, his interview was 13 months before my husband's. Her husband was put into AP for over 2 years and then they denied his visa and sent it back to USCIS for revocation. In September of 2014 they sent their rebuttal and they are STILL waiting. They have been married for 5 years and are still not together. She has only been able to visit her husband once for a week during these 5 years because her daughter has a brain tumor and she is afraid to leave her. From day one she greeted me with open arms here in VJ, sharing in our joy every step of the way. She has helped literally dozens and dozens of other couples here, never complaining, never showing anger or jealousy. Yes they are sad that they have waited so long, but they know that their journey will eventually be over and he will get is visa. They are a true testament of strength, courage and grace...

And yep, I also said that I know that this isn't anywhere near the worst case scenario, one of the first things I said. Good for your friend for handling it the way she is. I, personally, am trying to address the trouble with USCIS, rather than waiting gracefully, for myself and others. And I need cooperation from CSC filers, who conveniently ignore the requests usually right after saying "I can't do anything to help". Right here in this thread. There's not much to be done about AP and other unique situations. There IS something that can be done about this imbalance, and it is FAR from a unique situation. Anyone would do the same (try to fix the problem) and be annoyed at the folks who have it easy, whose help you need and who ignore you while celebrating their own good fortune. That's just plain selfish, and in my opinion, indicative of really poor character.

And also, generally, you don't have to read the TSC vent posts. No one forced you to open this thread. It, as mentioned by others, is in really, really poor taste to come onto someone's venting/support thread and tell them to stop venting.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Shana- approved in under a month- so you would consider a post titled "I'm so happy I was sent to CSC" or "Approved in only 3 weeks!" as what? Non-antagonistic? And I was not referring to people who have been in long distance relationships because guess what? If you're on this site them you are in a long distance relationship! I'm talking about the processing time and how inconsiderate it is to flash in the face of people who have been in the process for 7 months that you were approved in 3 weeks! Which is about what length of time you were correct? I'm talking about the people who have had to go to senators and Congresmen on numerous occasions just to have their voices heard. I'm talking about people who do everything in their earthly power to make a difference for EVERYONE at TSC! You CANNOT begin to understand the frustration! Have you contacted your senators and congressmen to complain about the clear and wrongful discrepency in processing times? This is for TSC people to vent which most of not all of us have earned the right to at least do with each other. No ones raining on anyone's parade here- we're sharing our frustrations which we should be allowed to do without CSC peope chiming in & moderators posting the terms of service.

To answer your question, I DO consider it to be inconsiderate. Of course it's inconsiderate, anyone who understands the difference in the processing times would do. So I'm on your side here, you talk as if I'm against you but I'm not. I've signed every single petition I've seen that is in the aid of making voices heard about the difference in processing times. No, I'm not putting in as much effort as those experiencing the long delay, but I'm doing something to help in any way I can. I'm not going to say I understand the specifics about getting in contact with officials, but did I claim to? My post was merely to say that there doesn't have to be such a huge personal divide between the people here depending on where a petition was sent. There are going to be newbies here who don't understand the difference and for those who do and put up threads like the ones you mentioned, then that is a reflection of that person alone not an entire group of people. It seems as if you want to hate on me because my petition was sent to California, which is sad because I'm just another person who could be a friend, or a person to aid your struggle. I don't have to be going through the plight personally to support the cause.

Citizenship Process Timeline: 

Citizenship Process [1 year, 1 month and 1 day to Naturalization Certificate]

03.22.2020 - N400 sent (online)

03.22.2020 - NOA1 Received (online)

03.27.2020 - NOA1 Received (mail)

09.05.2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled (online)

09.24.2020 - Biometrics appointment

02.02.2021 - Interview Scheduled (online)

02.06.2021 - Interview Letter Received (mail)

03.10.2021 - Interview - Approved

03.10.2021 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled (online)

03.16.2021 - Oath Ceremony Letter Received (mail)

04.23.2021 - Oath Ceremony

I am the beneficiary

My comments may not be welcome, considering I'm a CSC filer, but it's right here in this sentence that lays the problem on this message board it seems. CSC filers shouldn't be made to feel guilty for having a quick approval time nor should a CSC filer tell a TSC filer to "be patient". I don't think anyone who was approved quickly is intentionally sticking a middle finger to anyone who's still waiting, it's great news to get an NOA2 and it's on this message board where people like to share it. If a TSC filer wants to enter a thread of CSC approvals then they're asking to get angry (and for a good reason). Having said that you TSCers have a right to be angry, the difference in processing times is ridiculous and I've always felt that even if I'm not experiencing it. But taking it out on people here on VJ isn't going to help. Venting about it is fine, I get that, it's good to get things off your chest and have someone understand you.

Personally I know what it's like to be apart from a loved one, I did it for two years before being able to live with him in a different country and even though my K-1 process is almost at an end, this time around I was apart from my fiance for 7 months. So I understand what it means to be apart from your soul mate. It's a bit unfair to point a finger at a CSC filer and say "you don't understand how hard it is to be apart" when people like me HAVE already been apart for long periods of time. Ultimately it's a shame that this is dividing a community, like TSC filers and CSC filers have to stick to their own sides of the message board. I've gotten to know a TSC filer who's still waiting and it's been awesome talking to her. She hasn't made me feel guilty about my processing time nor have I told her to "be patient, it'll all be fine". We're all people at the end of the day, so I guess the point of my post is to just keep in mind that everyone has their own story and to be mindful of that. All the best.

I don't think that anyone is saying that (or if they are, then they clearly don't understand international relationships well). I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's not so much the separation (that we're all mostly used to), it is the completely different treatment, and knowing that if you just happened to live elsewhere then you'd have been finished months ago. I paid my $340 just like everyone else, why is my treatment so much slower? It's knowing that USCIS is telling your Congressman complete LIES (lies that would be provable if a few CSC filers would lend a hand), or suggesting that your wait time is because of some flaw with you, your relationship or your application. It is the inability to change your circumstances AT ALL. The frustration with CSC filers comes in when they repeat those same lies and/or refuse a very simple request for help, all the while celebrating their own good fortune (and telling TSC filers how they get to feel). It's rude.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

I don't think that anyone is saying that (or if they are, then they clearly don't understand international relationships well). I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's not so much the separation (that we're all mostly used to), it is the completely different treatment, and knowing that if you just happened to live elsewhere then you'd have been finished months ago. I paid my $340 just like everyone else, why is my treatment so much slower? It's knowing that USCIS is telling your Congressman complete LIES (lies that would be provable if a few CSC filers would lend a hand), or suggesting that your wait time is because of some flaw with you, your relationship or your application. It is the inability to change your circumstances AT ALL. The frustration with CSC filers comes in when they repeat those same lies and/or refuse a very simple request for help, all the while celebrating their own good fortune (and telling TSC filers how they get to feel). It's rude.

OP wrote "You have no idea what it is like to be separated from the love of your life for 7 months and longer. You have no idea what it's like to spend holidays, birthdays, anniversaries away from your loved one." Which is why I felt like posting here might make people see that we do understand the separation. I've never said to any TSCer to be patient or that "this is a test it'll make you stronger." It is extremely unfair what you are going through and it is very inconsiderate to try and say essentially "just chill out." You mention someone from CSC lending a hand, so what can I do to help? I'm genuinely asking because if I can help I will help.

I am the beneficiary

Shana, you can help by providing a copy of your NOA-2 - with personal details blackened out - to create an evidence trail for TSC people to use, that shows CSC is much faster as USCIS is denying this.

Please see here:

http://www.visajourn...29f-csc-filers/

Thanks in advance!

K1 time line

I-129F sent: 12/23/2014
NOA-1: 12/29/2014
NOA-2: 06/05/2015 (158 days)
NOA-2 hardcopy: 06/11/2015 (6 days post NOA-2, 164 days total)
Sent to NVC: 06/16/2015 (11 days post NOA-2, 169 days total)
NVC receive: 06/25/2015 (20 days post NOA-2, 178 days total)
NVC case no: 06/30/2015 (25 days post NOA-2, 183 days total)
NVC left: 07/02/2015 (27 days post NOA-2, 185 days total)
Case Ready: 07/07/2015 (32 days post NOA-2, 190 days total)
submitted DS-160, paid visa fee.: 07/21/2015 (46 days post NOA-2, 204 days total)
Packet 3 sent: 07/25/2015 (50 days post NOA-2, 209 days total)
Pack 4 received: 07/30/2015 (55 days post NOA-2, 214 days total)
Medical: 09/17/2015 Interview: 09/23/2015 (108 days post NOA-2, 268 days total)
Interview Result: Approved Administrative Processing: 09/23/2015
CEAC Status Issued: 09/24/2015
Visa in hand: 09/28/2015
POE: 12/29/2015 Wedding: 01/11/2016

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/13/2016
AOS package received: 01/20/2016 (day 1)
AOS NOA-1 text/email: 01/23/2016 (day 3), actual NOA-1 date 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS check cashed: 01-25-2016 (day 5) Got 6 month NJ driver's license: 01-25-2016
3x NOA-1 hardcopies: 02/03/2016 (day 14)

Biometrics letter: 02/05/2016 (day 16) Biometrics appt (Elizabeth, NJ): 02/17/2016 (day 28)

EAD and AP approved email/txt: 03/29/2016 (day 67)

GC approval email/text: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

I-797 for I-765/I-131 in mail: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

EAD/AP delivered: 04/05/216 (day 75)

GC card being mailed status update: 04/07/16 (day 77)

GC received: 04/11/16 (day 84 post AOS NOA-1)

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 21 MONTHS!

ROC Window opens: 01/04/2018

ROC Time Line
ROC package mailed to Vermont 01/04/2018
ROC package received at Vermont 01/08/2018 (day 0)
Check cashed: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
NOA-1 date: 01/09/2018 (day 1)
NOA-1 received: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
Biometrics notice received: 02/09/2018 (day 32)
Biometrics appointment: 02/23/2018 (day 46)
Received 18-month extension letter: 08/13/2018 (day 209)
ROC Approved: 03/09/2019 (day 425)
Card Received: 03/16/2019  (day 432)

Shana, you can help by providing a copy of your NOA-2 - with personal details blackened out - to create an evidence trail for TSC people to use, that shows CSC is much faster as USCIS is denying this.

Please see here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/540695-request-for-help-from-i-129f-csc-filers/

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! I'll check this out. You responded just as I posted my last reply so thanks for providing the information.

I am the beneficiary

Personally I think those who are already married should be given priority. It is shameful that after being married, especially for several years that they have to endure separation via the visa process. I would love to be approved quickly, but married couples in reality should be first in line, regardless of what center they are in.

With that in mind, in no way shape of form being at TSC am I upset or angry with those who were fortunate enough to go to CSC or even have their cases at TSC expedited for various and unknown reasons. Good for them, they got through. For me, I am angry at the system and the unfairness and inconsistency of it. It isn't the fault of those at CSC that they got approved so quickly. It is the fault of those at TSC (the employees) for allowing themselves to be so far backed up when their co-workmates at CSC are getting them out in under 30 days. I also think many of those at CSC are happy and do not realize that their happiness is making others feel drained and sad. Some I think do gloat, but most are just excited and want to share.

I could not agree with you more, on the already-married folks should get priority and the "angry at the system" part. I don't mind seeing the happiness, I DO mind when pointing out the differences and asking for help gets me accused of negativity and my posts are removed for no good reason.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

OP wrote "You have no idea what it is like to be separated from the love of your life for 7 months and longer. You have no idea what it's like to spend holidays, birthdays, anniversaries away from your loved one." Which is why I felt like posting here might make people see that we do understand the separation. I've never said to any TSCer to be patient or that "this is a test it'll make you stronger." It is extremely unfair what you are going through and it is very inconsiderate to try and say essentially "just chill out." You mention someone from CSC lending a hand, so what can I do to help? I'm genuinely asking because if I can help I will help.

Ah. I was referring to other types of posts, sorry (long conversation in here) ---the ones I take issue with and have been talking about. But yeah, no. We all are in international relationships here and understand separation. This particular separation is completely out of our control, and that's a special kind of annoying. Not worse per se but definitely a different feeling than just plain ol' waiting until the next visit.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just want to chime in that Shana is good people. Shana isn't a person who gloats or antaginizes. She's genuine. And this is coming from someone who's had my fair share of disagreements with CSC people and even Phillipines expedites over their unsolicited advice to TSC folk who are waiting. We shouldn't treat all CSC people like the enemy. They aren't all displaying the behavior we dislike.

Edited by April+Daniel

Just want to chime in that Shana is good people. Shana isn't a person who gloats or antaginizes. She's genuine. And this is coming from someone who's had my fair share of disagreements with CSC people and even Phillipines expedites over their unsolicited advice to TSC folk who are waiting. We shouldn't treat all CSC people like the enemy. They aren't all displaying the behavior we dislike.

Fair enough. You know Shana, I don't. This thread was created for TSC people to vent without being confronted by CSC people and their "gleeful less than 6 month finish to end" journeys. I don't want advice from those people. I don't care what they think of me and quite frankly I don't feel like this thread should be watered down into a "let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya" thread BECAUSE IT IS NOT.

Edited by ZA_35

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***4 posts telling people where they can and can't post (a TOS violation) removed. Any more posts of that nature will result in Adminstrative Action for the poster.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

***4 posts telling people where they can and can't post (a TOS violation) removed. Any more posts of that nature will result in Adminstrative Action for the poster.***

I have a question (and you can put me under AA, I'm not scared of you) - This thread was created for TSC people to vent. You have effectively rendered the thread "toothless" and without merit by your deletions. I wish I could sit down with you face to face and explain the hypocrisy in your deletions.

Are you going to delete the entire thread now? Because you have rendered it pointless.

Edited by ZA_35

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Fair enough. You know Shana, I don't. This thread was created for TSC people to vent without being confronted by CSC people and their "gleeful less than 6 month finish to end" journeys. I don't want advice from those people. I don't care what they think of me and quite frankly I don't feel like this thread should be watered down into a "let's all hold hands and sing kumbaya" thread BECAUSE IT IS NOT.

Here, here! This is supposed to be a thread about the issues facing TSC filers. I'm tired of folk like mimolicious and Shana posting to defend CSC filers, thus making it about them when it is not intended to be. And it's become irritatingly, annoyingly tiresome to hear folk actually talk about long distance relationships (LDR) as though those of us in the TSC have lost sight somehow of the fact that we're in an LDR anyway, so basically "what's another 6 months?" Or that we don't understand that they've also been in LDRs. I mean sheesh! Really?

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.