JamesRenee

Our own thread

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well I'm coming up on 10 months and still haven't gotten to noa2. TSC of course went over normal processing times, and basically asked for everything to be redone. I neatly redid the entire packet and placed each section in a manilla folder labeled for even a moron to be able to follow. They've got 10 more days on the rfe before they go over normal processing time AGAIN. THESE PEOPLE ARE A DISGRACE TO OUR COUNTRY. That's how I feel about it. Thank God I have a loving buddhist fiancee who has rolled with it, even though almost everyone we came in with has already gotten their visa's and their loved one here. You get real sick and tired of hearing some California petitioner whining about 5 or 6 weeks or whatever. Come to Texas and really get your relationship tested is what I have to say to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Much of the CSC vs TSC stress seems to be built around the assumption that the time spent waiting for the NOA2 is the only time you’ve spent apart so far. I’m only a couple months past my NOA1, but my fiancé and I have been living in different continents for two years before filing. Relationships don’t start at NOA1, I hope, so we all should have some experience being separate from our lovers. Averaging the difference between CSC and TSC processing over the duration of long-distance relationships somewhat lessens the effect.

I am lucky in that my time spent in line at TSC is not wasted- we intentionally filed about a year in advance of the intended move so the TSC clock could run out as my fiance finishes school. I understand that I am very fortunate to be able to do this, and almost all of the other TSC filers have nothing else but TSC/NVC/embassy keeping their lovers away.

That said, it would be useful if this site were more clear about the processing time differences between the two service centers, and had the TSC vs CSC map more prominently displayed. There is a link to ‘See processing times’ in the guides, but it would probably be good for a notification about the difference to be made explicit, particularly because the guides don’t specify which states will be processed at which service centers. This would be very useful for many reasons: giving people who live on the TSC side of the border a reason to move to a CSC state at least long enough to get the application submitted, give those like myself who are trying to time an NOA2 a framework to plan according to, and help keep the CSC people aware of the difficulties that the TSC filers have to face, so they can hopefully be somewhat sensitive to the situation.

By far the most aggravating thing is CSC filers complaining about how horrible it is to have to wait a few weeks, or wait a week longer than other people who had received their NOA1s around the same time as them. It reminds me of a time I had a friend over from California, who because of the visit to Maryland had not seen her CA boyfriend in tens of hours, and was complaining to me about how much she missed her boyfriend (who she lives with and would see again in tens of hours)... while on some level completely oblivious to the fact that I hadn’t seen my fiancé for almost a year, and wouldn’t see her again for several months.

CSC filers whose long-distance relationships have lasted over a year should be able to understand how frustrating that sort of complaint is. Now imagine it going on constantly as months tick by, and you’ll start to understand being a TSC filer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well said Fluff. The thing that exasterbates the situation is I could really, really use my fiancee in my business. I am losing money every day we are apart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

All our situations are different, and I know I have it easy compared to most other TSC filers- I'd be going insane too if I'd filed shortly before when we expected/hoped to finally be together, and had to wait for months with nothing but the US government in our way.

I wish you the best, brett.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I just wated to point out again that I titled this thread "our own thread" for those couples dealing with TSC....purposely to keep CSC petitioners out of the thread. [...]

[Moderator hat gently on]

One of the VJ Terms of Service refers to "restricting or inhibiting any member from using and enjoying the forums." Any member who adheres to the ToS is free to post in any thread.

One ToS item can apply to obvious trolls: "Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users." The key word is "purposely." The Report button is available for such posts. However, please take care to avoid letting the very real personal agitation of this process cause trigger-happiness on the Report button.

The Terms of Service can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

In addition, consider that other recent petitioners (those at the CSC among them) simply have no frame of reference to comprehend the teeth-gnashing, wall-pounding, USCIS-cursing, agonizing mental torment that is going on among TSC filers. Recognize that their success and their joy does not hamper your situation, nor does it give you license to rain on what (to them) is an honest celebration.

[Moderator hat off]

I guess I wasn't negative enough, my bad. If my comment won't help you that's fine but I am sure that other people will benefit from it. There are people out there who aren't as "strong" as you and can't cope. Someone that filed with me in June just gave up on his fiancée because the time a part tore them apart, even after the interview and being approved. The waiting from USCIS stage was just too traumatic to continue. So my original comment was for couples like them, because it happens more often than not. I'm giving sound advice for those that want to vent but also need to know that they aren't alone with how they feel. Some people I filed with waited all this time and their beneficiary failed the drug test. Some people I filed with had their case lost at the NVC stage. So just because people aren't venting your way they need to not post here? That's fine, I'll leave it at this. But, before I go: There's more levels to this that are going to break people that may not know it yet. So again, God bless you all. MAKE YOUR VOICES BE HEARD! Don't just vent here to a forum of people who can't do anything for you, make some noise on the government level as well.

The above is something to consider, especially the bolded part. As far as making noise on the governmental level: if I were still in the game, I'd be focusing my entire efforts on quashing "administratively proposed or decreed" plans that would weigh down the system further and wreak even more havoc on the times of processing of those who are already in the legal-immigration system.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It's been a very long journey for me and outcome is still unknown/pending. I am walking "ball of stress". The waiting is killing me, but there is nothing I can do, but just to wait, otherwise I would end up in mental hospital. I waited 6 months at TSC. Also bothered me when I heard people complaining about 2 weeks of wait. TSC really needs to get it's s**** together. 7 months is outrageous!!! :protest:

Sorry that you are in the black hole of AP. Been there, done that, the unknown is stressful...

Our case went to the TSC also. It took between 6 and 7 months to complete there. Luckily I wasn't on VJ at the time and my lawyer basically told me it was going to take around 6 months from NOA1 to NOA2 so I accepted that. Thanks goodness I didn't know that TSC was a blackhole otherwise it would've stressed me out even more. Now I have seen people go through the same process at CSC in a few weeks and you know what - it's not fair and it's not acceptable. People should be allowed to vent their frustrations, so thank you OP for starting this thread because I had "bickering comments" of mine deleted on a previous thread.

I don't begrudge anyone their happiness and I wish everyone got it done in 2 weeks. But empathy works both ways and people who get it quickly should breathe a sigh of relief and thank their lucky stars.

My wish is that the TSC starts to speed things up ASAP. I hope to help in any way I can to assist others, even AFTER I get my VISA. I am not going to run away like most people assume. I want fairness for everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

[Moderator hat gently on]

One of the VJ Terms of Service refers to "restricting or inhibiting any member from using and enjoying the forums." Any member who adheres to the ToS is free to post in any thread.

One ToS item can apply to obvious trolls: "Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users." The key word is "purposely." The Report button is available for such posts. However, please take care to avoid letting the very real personal agitation of this process cause trigger-happiness on the Report button.

The Terms of Service can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

In addition, consider that other recent petitioners (those at the CSC among them) simply have no frame of reference to comprehend the teeth-gnashing, wall-pounding, USCIS-cursing, agonizing mental torment that is going on among TSC filers. Recognize that their success and their joy does not hamper your situation, nor does it give you license to rain on what (to them) is an honest celebration.

Thanks for the clarity TBone. Being that what is considering upsetting, antagonistic, belitting, etc is subjective in nature, can you explain how the mods determine the threshold for removing posts? It seems to me that with so many forums, topics and posts the mods have to rely on the reporting funtion to locate TOS violations. It's not an automatic assumption that just because someone reported a post that the post will be removed, right? So how do you determine what qualifies? I just would like to understand the thought process a little better.

Because of my position, the threads that pop up saying "OMG WE GOT APPROVED IN 3 WEEKS!!!!!" or "THANK GOODNESS WE GOT SENT TO CSC" are exactly the definition of antagonistic. Those never seem to be censored. Is it safe to assume they are not reported as violations? Or does that not meet the threshold? It seems unfair to me that a TSC person can't then chime in in response or defense of what is very clearly, to me, antagonistic and designed the instigate an argument. Especially those that say "THANK GOODNESS WE GOT SENT TO CSC." The title of the post alone acknowledges that the OP understands the processing time difference. Av8or1 and others have already covered how they feel when being told by a CSC person to be patient, that this will make their relationship stronger, etc so I don't need to go into it. But from the popularity of this thread, it's clear that these feelings are pretty widespread among TSCers. I have always felt those comments were belittling.

I've learned to generally stay away from and refrain from commenting on those types of threads, but I can't help but notice that the TSC people who get upset and defensive seem to be censored way more than the people who start the post that incites the arguments.

Edited by April+Daniel

We waited 11 months and 6 LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGG days at TSC. ( see my spoiler) I know exactly how you all feel. I hung out on VJ everyday. The quick approval posts are annoying to say the least BUT honestly, the best thing to help that is to NOT read them. When I was waiting, the I-130's were at a stand still and the K1's seemed to be streamlining through. It seems the USCIS rotates the priorities.

I will say that there is definitely something wrong with TSC. They literally drag their a$$es.

Thank God you are all in process now because when that silly executive action garbage hits the USCIS, L@@K @UT ... I am sure there will be a huge backlog and Iam sure they will push aside the current filers just to process the ridiculousness

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Very true, Stopped reading the CSC quick approvals a while back as it was causing way too much anxiety. But no one can deny when reading the quick approvals that those of us who are at TSC feel a bit perplexed and angry at TSC for taking so long when their partners at CSC are processing under 30 days.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Shana- approved in under a month- so you would consider a post titled "I'm so happy I was sent to CSC" or "Approved in only 3 weeks!" as what? Non-antagonistic? And I was not referring to people who have been in long distance relationships because guess what? If you're on this site them you are in a long distance relationship! I'm talking about the processing time and how inconsiderate it is to flash in the face of people who have been in the process for 7 months that you were approved in 3 weeks! Which is about what length of time you were correct? I'm talking about the people who have had to go to senators and Congresmen on numerous occasions just to have their voices heard. I'm talking about people who do everything in their earthly power to make a difference for EVERYONE at TSC! You CANNOT begin to understand the frustration! Have you contacted your senators and congressmen to complain about the clear and wrongful discrepency in processing times? This is for TSC people to vent which most of not all of us have earned the right to at least do with each other. No ones raining on anyone's parade here- we're sharing our frustrations which we should be allowed to do without CSC peope chiming in & moderators posting the terms of service.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.